Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2013

2,519 posts in this topic

:angry::bonk::angry::bonk::angry:

Feeling so upset with the NVC right now.

I was just told today that apparently theres another thing missing from the AOS checklist that they said HAS BEEN ACCEPTED and has not been even talked about until now.

#######.

My cosponsor's household member filled out Part II, Question 13 and 14 wrong. And I just NOW hear about it.

Never got a single checklist about it.

Had my cosponsor print a new I-864A to fill out and send tomorrow morning. Going to try to call the NVC bright and early and see if I get the same story.

Should I just send it? I never have heard of this incomplete until now.

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

blink.gif Goodness gracious. Definitely call NVC and see if they see the same thing on their systems. If they do, then yes, the cosponsor will have to send a new form, along with the AOS bar-coded cover sheet on top.

It's rare, but I've seen people get a second, unrelated checklist on a package after it was reviewed the second time (due to a checklist).

Hi Saylin and everyone I have not been online for a while because I'm visiting my wife and is getting ready to go and file a CRBA for my son in a couple of days. i feel prepared and everything but just nervous that they might request a DNA test eventhough I am well stock in the evidence department . I haven't had time to share my progress but I just mailed my AOS packet and my IV packet on March 15 my question is it possible to have my case complete by next Tuesday not for the interview but for my son CRBA and request for an interview like in May or June while I'm there . Or do we have to wait for the interview date set by NVC and not by the embassy counsular. I meant like if it's all possible to request an early interview date for my wife?

It's possible to get a case complete either today or next week. Yes, it's possible to get one by Tuesday.

Interviews are scheduled by NVC. Typically, interviews are scheduled two months out from case complete (global average), so it's quite possible your interview will be scheduled in May, without you having to ask for a different date.

My husband doesn't like me calling them all the time so I just wanted to know what was an acceptable time to start calling. I will call tonight when I get home. What do you call and ask though? Just ask if your car is complete or do you ask if the AOS and IV packages were approved?

If you don't call, you won't know. You can already have a case complete and not even know it. Just call NVC and ask what is the status on your two packages and if your case is complete. Simple as that.

Hmmm yes I can see that. But to avoid that I say send in the packets as soon as you can! :P

Oh, I agree with you ;) The sooner you get the AOS package in, the sooner it'll be reviewed, and the sooner you'll know if it was accepted or not. If you get a checklist, then you have more time to respond to it, compared to if you had sent it with the IV package, which is typically 1-2 weeks after the window opens for sending the AOS package.

Since yesterday the payment portal shows that message 'you cannot make payment at this time please contact the NVC if you have any questions" looking at other post I see that this is a good sign that you are going to be invoiced. Does it normally take them like two days to invoice?

Yes, it can take that long. Just keep an eye out on the payment portal, you should be able to log in soon. Make sure you're on IE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Finally got our case complete! now just to wait for an interview date, go to the medicals, go to the interview, pass the interview and it's done!

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Finally got our case complete! now just to wait for an interview date, go to the medicals, go to the interview, pass the interview and it's done!

Woohoo, congrats! kicking.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congrats! Make sure you go over to the interview thread and update the list with your case complete date! kicking.gif

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/417100-april-2013-interviews/page__st__375

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Folks, my nerves, they canna take much mair :crying:

I requested NVC Research look into why my file did not go to the NVC even though it was approved on February 6, and the notice date was February 7, and the notice said USCIS forwarded the approved petition to the NVC. I received the following heart-stopping e-mail earlier this morning:

Please be advised that the National Visa Center (NVC) contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) in regards to your approved petition. USCIS has informed us that your petition will be retained at the (HOUSTON FIELD OFFICE). Please contact USCIS at 800-375-5283 or visit their web site at www.uscis.gov for additional information.

I was under the impression that the Houston Field Office sent my petition back to the NBC (MSC) because the approval notice came from the NBC, not the field office. So I thought the file had been transferred back to Houston and there was some problem they weren't telling me about. Nothing changed on the USCIS case status website; it still said Post-Decision Activity. I couldn't get through to a person at the USCIS. I called NVC and of course they could tell me nothing about the file because they don't have it yet. So I called my Senator's office and spoke to the immigration liaison, and she said she'd call them and get right back to me. Well, she did, in just 15 minutes (woot!). She said our file is FINE and normal, there's NOTHING WRONG with it, and in fact they boxed it up with a whole lot of other petitions and sent it on TUESDAY. It should be getting to the NVC today or so. :thumbs:

I noticed there were a couple other people on the thread whose petitions were "stuck" and who also filed through Houston. Folks, what do you want to bet your approved files are nestled cozily next to mine in the same damned box? :unsure:

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

A box of petitions? Yeesh. Cheapos.

At least it's on the way! Yay!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yesterday I called NVC asking for my Case Number. The girl told me I will hear something in about 10-20 days. Today I received the e-mail with all the information!!!!!! I am so happy right now!!!!!! :dance:

Congrats!!! How did they get your email Add?

Congrats!! we have the same date of NVC receiving the file. I hope I get my numbers today too:)

Well all have the same dates as when the Nvc received our files. I'm on hold now, praying they have my case #.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I requested NVC Research look into why my file did not go to the NVC even though it was approved on February 6, and the notice date was February 7, and the notice said USCIS forwarded the approved petition to the NVC. I received the following heart-stopping e-mail earlier this morning:

Please be advised that the National Visa Center (NVC) contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) in regards to your approved petition. USCIS has informed us that your petition will be retained at the (HOUSTON FIELD OFFICE). Please contact USCIS at 800-375-5283 or visit their web site at www.uscis.gov for additional information.

I was under the impression that the Houston Field Office sent my petition back to the NBC (MSC) because the approval notice came from the NBC, not the field office. So I thought the file had been transferred back to Houston and there was some problem they weren't telling me about. Nothing changed on the USCIS case status website; it still said Post-Decision Activity. I couldn't get through to a person at the USCIS. I called NVC and of course they could tell me nothing about the file because they don't have it yet. So I called my Senator's office and spoke to the immigration liaison, and she said she'd call them and get right back to me. Well, she did, in just 15 minutes (woot!). She said our file is FINE and normal, there's NOTHING WRONG with it, and in fact they boxed it up with a whole lot of other petitions and sent it on TUESDAY. It should be getting to the NVC today or so. :thumbs:

I noticed there were a couple other people on the thread whose petitions were "stuck" and who also filed through Houston. Folks, what do you want to bet your approved files are nestled cozily next to mine in the same damned box? :unsure:

Was ur pettition approve at the NBC or, cos mine showed NbC .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

They all show NBC.

Unless you called and talked to an ISO and got a truthful answer about it being at a field office or received an RFE from a field office, you'd be unaware of the transfer.

OMG, Speedwell and least they sent them off this week, right?

:o :o :o

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats!!! How did they get your email Add?

Well all have the same dates as when the Nvc received our files. I'm on hold now, praying they have my case #.

Let me know what happens cause they don't have a case number for me yet!! :bonk:

USCIS:
10.24.2012 - I-130 Sent
10.29.2012 - NOA1 Received (By email)
11.01.2012 - Check cashed
12.28.2012 - Online status says "RFE"
01.28.2013 - FINALLY got the RFE letter
01.30.2013 - Sent out the RFE response
02.15.2013 - NOA2

NVC
03.11.13: NVC Received
03.25.13: Case/IIN Received
03.25.13: DS-3032 sent (Supervisor Review)
03.26.13: Expedite Request sent (via Congressman)
03.26.13: Expedite Request forwarded to Embassy in Cairo
03.28.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.28.13: AOS bill invoiced
03.29.13: Pay AOS bill
04.07.13: AOS bill shows PAID
03.29.13: IV bill invoiced
03.29.13: Pay IV bill
04.07.13: IV bill shows PAID
04.11.13: AOS package sent
04.12.13: AOS package received
04.11.13: IV package sent
04.12.13: IV package received

04.24.13: Case complete
04.29.13: Interview scheduled

05.02.13: Medical Exam

05.03.13: Earlier Interview Request sent

05.06.13: Case left NVC

05.08.13: Case arrived at embassy

05.27.13: Interview - EGYPT - APPROVED ALHUMDUALLAH!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Jeez, I'm so sorry it's taken nearly two months for your case to even GET to NVC! How ridiculous. sad.gif But at least now you know what's going on, and hopefully you'll hear some good news about it next week! And silver lining - at least it's not lost. Another poor soul in this thread was told (after a month of her case getting shipped literally across the globe and back) that NVC had LOST their file. wacko.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think it is because I sent G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance. When I called NVC the girl told me all my info, including my email...

Edited by ingrid_rachel

I don't know. My approval notice showed NBC too and I was even told by an ISO that the case went from Houston to the NBC ("and I don't know why they did it that way"). But apparently it did not go to the NBC because the Senator's liaison had to call Houston to find it.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

IV Bill appeared as "PAID" this morning - so fast! Just submitted my DS-260 online and emailed my supporting documents to NVC. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Fingers crossed I don't get a checklist and get a May interview!

Quick note to others doing EP. The DS-260 only asked for PRESENT occupation (exact question after putting in present employer was, "Do you have other occupations?", which I said "NO"). So all that work I did tracking down my 10+ employers during school was a total waste of time. They still asked for every place of residence since you were 16 though.

USCIS
2009-08-03 - Marriage
2012-12-19 - I-130 Sent
2012-12-20 - NOA1
2013-01-25 - NOA2 - email(36 days from NOA1 date)
2013-01-29 - Email saying NOA2 was mailed to me on Jan 28
2013-02-04 - Email saying case sent to NVC
2013-02-08 - Received hardcopy of NOA2 (Notice Date Jan. 28, 2013).

NVC
2013-02-11 - NVC Received
2013-02-28 - Case Number, IIN, BIN assigned, OPTIN email sent
2013-03-01 - Completed DS-261 online(DS-3032), resent OPTIN email
2013-03-04 - Received/Paid AOS I-864 Bill
2013-03-05 - OPTIN accepted
2013-03-06 - AOS I-864 Bill Appears as PAID, AOS I-864 Package sent by email
2013-03-12 - Email from NVC that AOS I-864 Package Received
2013-03-12 - AOS Reviewed and Approved (per NVC operator)
2013-03-15 - False Checklist Received(AOS Approved)
2013-03-18 - DS-261 Accepted
2013-03-20 - Receive/Pay IV Bill
2013-03-22 - IV Bill Appears as PAID
2013-03-22 - Submit DS-260 online, emailed supporting documents
2013-04-01 - Supporting IV Documents Received (email)
2013-04-02 - CASE COMPLETE
2013-04-04 - Received false checklist for passport photos (email); received hardcopy false checklist for DS-261
2013-04-10 - Recieved case complete confirmation email

2013-04-29 - Medical in Toronto

2013-05-15 - Interview in Montreal - APPROVED!!

2013-05-21 - Picked up VISA from Loomis

2013-05-27 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.