Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2013

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

VJ members, FYI

I guess NVC reviews the packets together "there is no half step" according to the operator. So, until both the AOS and IV packet are both there nothing will be reviewed. So, whatever packet you send last will hold up review of your case at NVC until it has arrived.

nope not true look at my timeline my AOS was approved then I moved on to my IV packet....they were done at 2 different times and totally separate!

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Nope, not true. The packages are reviewed as soon as they get there. Doesn't matter which one they review first and doesn't matter if the other is in the building. This is clear with MANY members here.

OK. Well… it seems you can't pin these people down. I asked him three different ways. Said my Affidavit of Support had been received on Wed and he said it doesn't matter we are waiting on the DS-230 to start reviewing. "There are no half steps" All this confusion and hearsay makes me want to get an official protocol from the NVC itself. Obviously the operators themselves are confused on NVC protocol.

OK. Well… it seems you can't pin these people down. I asked him three different ways. Said my Affidavit of Support had been received on Wed and he said it doesn't matter we are waiting on the DS-230 to start reviewing. "There are no half steps" All this confusion and hearsay makes me want to get an official protocol from the NVC itself. Obviously the operators themselves are confused on NVC protocol.

That's why I always recommend calling at least a minimum of five times with questions like these, as it's pretty much guaranteed to get different answers across the board. There's absolutely zero consistency, unfortunately...

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

So why people send photocopies with the originals to NVC. U confusing them, send only originals of birth cerificates and marriage certificates with no photocopies of it, NVC do NOT need photocopies of these documents but only originals. You already send photocopies of these documents (marriage and birth certificates) to USCIS when filling I-130 and is part of ur casefile sent to NVC when ur case get approved. NVC have these photocopies already thus why they need originals to go with these phtocopies so why send them something they already have.

Thus why people get RFE for originals bcos they send originals and photocopies and this confuses them to ascertain which is which.

If you read department of state website it says original documents requirements and photocopy requirement.

Original Document Requirements

You and each family member immigrating with you to the United States must submit to the NVC original documents issued by an appropriate authority, or certified copies of those documents listed in this section.

Photocopy Requirements

You and each family member immigrating with you must also submit to the NVC a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents.

There is where people get confused. What is saying is there are documents they required originals like birth and marriage certificats and some documents they required photocopy of the original like the applicants passport biographic data page and military record, here they required photocopy of the original NOT the original passport biographic data page and photocopy of the original military record NOT original.

Unless someone can prove me wrong to the effect that someone got Rfe for not sending photocopies with the original birth or marriage certificates.

Thanks

So why people send photocopies with the originals to NVC. U confusing them, send only originals of birth cerificates and marriage certificates with no photocopies of it, NVC do NOT need photocopies of these documents but only originals. You already send photocopies of these documents (marriage and birth certificates) to USCIS when filling I-130 and is part of ur casefile sent to NVC when ur case get approved. NVC have these photocopies already thus why they need originals to go with these phtocopies so why send them something they already have.

Thus why people get RFE for originals bcos they send originals and photocopies and this confuses them to ascertain which is which.

If you read department of state website it says original documents requirements and photocopy requirement.

Original Document Requirements

You and each family member immigrating with you to the United States must submit to the NVC original documents issued by an appropriate authority, or certified copies of those documents listed in this section.

Photocopy Requirements

You and each family member immigrating with you must also submit to the NVC a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents.

There is where people get confused. What is saying is there are documents they required originals like birth and marriage certificats and some documents they required photocopy of the original like the applicants passport biographic data page and military record, here they required photocopy of the original NOT the original passport biographic data page and photocopy of the original military record NOT original.

Unless someone can prove me wrong to the effect that someone got Rfe for not sending photocopies with the original birth or marriage certificates.

Thanks

You just quoted exactly what you're supposed to do: send the original/certified copy as well as a photocopy of each original/certified copy. It states to ALSO send a photocopy of the ORIGINAL or CERTIFIED COPIES. The purpose of the photocopy is so that they can keep it for their records and then return the original/certified copies back to you at the time of the interview.

Remember, USCIS is USCIS. They just need photocopies of documents for their records. NVC is NVC. They need the originals/certified copies, as well as photocopies for their own records.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok you just cleared this up for me! Because I was getting two dates from NVC, the 4th and then the 8th of March. So which one do you go by when waiting for case numbers?. :bonk:

My dates changed depending on the operator and time of day from 7/29 to 7/30, to 8/1. This was after my case was lost in the black hole after NOA2 for 30 days. Just keep calling once you get case# ask when was my receive date. They will tell you. And receive date you get is when they actually receive to enter not when it was received at NVC. Crazy huh.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

iA the wait has been long enough! And I am praying fro you guys too!!! :thumbs:

Yes, yes it has been! Thank you, MA we've been doing great this week, lots of progress made, iA IV bill/packet, case complete, and interview date set before end of March! Definitely in a much better mood now! It's put a huge smile on my wife's face, and that was priceless. yes.gif

08/24/2012 - Married

USCIS:

10/01/2012 - Mailed/Filed for I-130 via USPS Express Mail
10/05/2012 - E-Notification NOA1
10/10/2012 - Paper NOA1
11/28/2012 - Transferred from NBC to NYC Office
02/13/2013 - USCIS Case Status NOA2
02/20/2013 - Paper NOA2

NVC:
02/22/2013 - Case Received by NVC
03/11/2013 - Case Number, IIN, BIN Assigned, DS-3032 Email Sent
03/13/2013 - AOS Invoice Received and Paid and DS-3032 Generated
03/14/2013 - AOS Invoice Shows as Paid, AOS Packet Mailed via USPS Express Mail, DS-3032 Re-sent with Supervisor Review
03/15/2013 - AOS Packet Received by NVC, DS-3032 Supervisor Review Accepted
03/18/2013 - IV Invoice Received and Paid
03/21/2013 - IV Packet Mailed via USPS Express Mail
03/23/2013 - IV Invoice Shows as Paid
03/27/2013 - AOS Packet Accepted
04/03/2013 - IV Packet Reviewed
04/04/2013 - IV Checklist Received
04/15/2013 - IV Checklist Arrived at NVC
04/24/2013 - IV Checklist Reviewed - Case Complete

05/01/2013 - Interview Date Assigned
05/03/2013 - Case Shipped to Embassy

Embassy:
05/06/2013 - Case Received from NVC
05/18/2013 - Medical
06/17/2013 - Interview Date - Result: AP

09/20/2013 - CEAC Status Changed to Visa Issued

10/01/2013 - Visa Ready for Pickup/Picked Up (Delayed due to being sent to incorrect City initially)

10/09/2013 - POE - New York City - JFK
11/xx/2013 - Greencard Received
11/xx/2013 - Social Security number Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what you think I should do. I've paid all my bills and need to send in the IV package. The ONLY document I'm waiting on is the original police report. It's en route. There's no tracking/express mail service available so it's just coming plain old mail. I know it's hard to believe in this day and age but it's true. Anyway, I Don't know where it is or how long it's going to take.

I have a scanned copy of the police report. Should I send in everything now with the scanned report and then send in the original police report later? OR just wait for the police report to get here.

What do you think? I think you're going to say WAIT. Plz don't say Wait.

I just want this process to be done with already. :)

Thanks everyone. Saylin, you are the coolest.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what you think I should do. I've paid all my bills and need to send in the IV package. The ONLY document I'm waiting on is the original police report. It's en route. There's no tracking/express mail service available so it's just coming plain old mail. I know it's hard to believe in this day and age but it's true. Anyway, I Don't know where it is or how long it's going to take.

I have a scanned copy of the police report. Should I send in everything now with the scanned report and then send in the original police report later? OR just wait for the police report to get here.

What do you think? I think you're going to say WAIT. Plz don't say Wait.

I just want this process to be done with already. :)

Thanks everyone. Saylin, you are the coolest.

Wait. It's mandatory to follow the directions on the Department of State website for your country. If you want absolute knowledge call the NVC and speak with a Tier 2 rep. However, IMHO there is no benefit in sending your packet now without the original. All they will do is send you an RFE asking for the Original Police Certificate. This will only delay and unnecessarily complicate your case - not speed it up. I know that's not the answer you were looking for, sorry.

We paid AOS 13-03 and it was confirmed 15-03 :)

My husband will send the AOS package today in the morning :) Woo Hoo ! :)

Marriage : 2009-12-23I-130 Sent : 2012-06-11I-130 NOA1 : 2012-06-12I-130 Approved : 2013-02-13I-797 received : 2013-02-14NVC Received : 2013-02-18Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-03-13Paid I-864 Bill : 2013-03-13Emailed DS-3032: 2013-03-13Sent AOS paskage :2013-03-16 / approved 03-28Receive I-864 Package : 2013-03-18DS-3032 approved: 2013-03-27Paid IV bill: 2013-03-29 / shows paid 04-02Sent IV : 04-03 Additional docs sent 04-09IV package reviewed, but sent RFE: 2013-04-17Case completed: 2013-04-22Interview date assigned: 2013-05-01Interview: 2013-06-04 Trip to USA: 2013-06-06

Yes, yes it has been! Thank you, MA we've been doing great this week, lots of progress made, iA IV bill/packet, case complete, and interview date set before end of March! Definitely in a much better mood now! It's put a huge smile on my wife's face, and that was priceless. yes.gif

Congratulations! Interview date too set, thats a great progress MA :) I'm waiting for mine

Timeline

You won't get a checklist for them, but you also run the risk of not getting them back at the interview.

Sending photocopies doesn't confuse the workers at NVC, uscis, or the consulate. If you don't want to send copies, don't send copies. There's really no reason to be so upset about this.

Edited by ErinBeth

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

You won't get a checklist for them, but you also run the risk of not getting them back at the interview.

Sending photocopies doesn't confuse the workers at NVC, uscis, or the consulate. If you don't want to send copies, don't send copies. There's really no reason to be so upset about this.

Am not getting upset but i think you are. am just asking a question here. No need for u to catch emotions here. Thus all i want to know if U get RFE for NOT sending photocopies with originals. I send only originals upfront no copies to NVC when i was applying for my mom in 2009 and there was no problem and my mom received all originals back at the embassy.

Timeline

Your response made me chuckle. Several people, myself included have answered your question.

rfes are from uscis. Checklists are from nvc. Again, you will not get a checklist for not having photocopies, but as we have all stated, you may not get the originals back at the interview. It is that simple.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.