Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2013

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

This is interesting. Both IV and AOS packets were received by the NVC on the 11th. However, the AOS packet was sent from the US and the IV package was sent straight from overseas, so two different envelopes. Here's the funny part: I just got off the phone with NVC and they said the IV package has been reviewed and accepted but they still haven't received the AOS package! :lol: retards.

So, hopefully, praying, by tomorrow we'll have case complete! I'd stay up to call one more time before NVC closes but it's 1 AM and I have a hair appt tomorrow morning, gotta go beautify myself! :P

USC married to Palestinian lived in Doha, Qatar for seven years, in the USA since July 2013 with an eight year old and a two year old smile.png

USCIS - 37 days
12.13.12: Sent I-130 from abroad
12.16.12: Delivered to Chicago Lock Box
12.19.12: NOA1 - E-mail, MSC number
12.21.12: Case showed up online
01.25.13: NOA2
01.30.13: Email from USCIS - Post Decision Activity - Case sent to NVC
NVC - 28 Days
02.05.13: NVC Received
02.22.13: Case/IIN Received

AOS Track
02.26.13: AOS bill invoiced
02.27.13: Pay AOS bill
03.06.13: AOS bill shows PAID
03.07.13: AOS package sent

IV Track
02.23.13: DS-3032 sent
03.03.13: DS-3032 re-sent for Supervisor Review
03.04.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.06.13: First DS-3032 accepted!
03.05.13: IV bill invoiced
03.06.13: Pay IV bill
03.07.13: IV bill shows PAID
03.07.13: IV package sent

03.11.13: AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC
03.20.13: IV Package Accepted
03.22.13: Case complete
03.29.13: Interview scheduled - Email
04.02.13: Case left NVC
Consulate
04.04.13: Case received
04.08.13 - Medical
04.28.13 - Interview - Approved

05.02.13 - Visa In Hand
07.21.13 - POE (Washington D.C.)

Gearing up to apply for Naturalization in April 2016!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Saylin!

SO it took like 9 days to get a human reply that i made a mistake which by what i read is normal. I got the IV package Invoice today so the Ds-261 went through finally. I paid the IV package fee as well. Im going to wait until i get the response back from the electronic filling as that will give me time to get everything together for the AOS package. Now, i read about electronic file but still had some questions. Once i get the email from electronic filling, will it include the instructions on how to send the AOS in? The way i understand it will work is i will fill out the forms, sign them, and scan email to the email address they provide? So fill out the PDF's print them sign them and scan and email is the process im understanding so far.

Okay I'm confused! The checklist says they reviewed our IV package and need my original birth certificate. But on the phone the woman says that a supervisor will be reviewing the package (at the request of my husband) and that they won't know if they have the original until it is reviewed?? I'm sooo confused! And freaking out a little because we definitely sent it so we are screwed if it's lost! :(

Is the birth certifiacte you sent the short form version? I had to get a certified copy of my birth certificate as my original birth certificate was the british short form type which did not contain my parents names.

2012-02-27 We get married while living together in Australia
2012-03-25 She moves back to US, He moves back to UK
2012-03-26 She applies for UK visa
2012-04-06 UK Visa approved (10 days!)
2012-05-10 She moves to UK

2012-05-10 Sent I-130
2012-05-16 NOA1
2013-01-16 NOA2

2013-01-21 NVC Case received
2013-02-12 NVC number & IIN received
2013-02-13 AOS Invoiced & DS-3032 sent
2013-02-25 DS-3032 accepted
2013-02-26 IV invoiced - AOS & IV Paid
2013-02-29 IV & AOS packages sent
2013-03-01 IV & AOS packages arrived
2013-04-02 Case somplete/Interview Scheduled

2013-04-04 Medical
2013-05-28 Interview - Accepted!

Is the birth certifiacte you sent the short form version? I had to get a certified copy of my birth certificate as my original birth certificate was the british short form type which did not contain my parents names.

nope I'm pretty sure it had both my parents names. The confusing thing is they say they have the copy just not the original. But apparently it will take another 10-15 days to re-review the package. Despite they fact all they have to do is check and see if the original is there :( I'm so stressed! What happens if they can't find it? It's going to add weeks to our case to get another one :crying:

06/07/08 .. Met while working through Camp America programme in Maryland.

06/02/12 .. Got Married in Inverness, Scotland.

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

12/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Baltimore)

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

02/11/13 .. NVC receives case

02/28/13 .. Case number assigned

03/01/13 .. DS-3032 Emailed

03/04/13 .. DS-3032 Accepted

03/04/13 .. AOS bill paid

03/08/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/06/13 .. IV Package Mailed

03/09/13 .. AOS Package Mailed

03/27/13 .. AOS packet accepted

04/11/13 .. IV packet accepted

04/11/13 .. Case Complete

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay - how did I miss this?

I was not aware that the only means of payment for the AOS and the IV bills is by check on a US bank. We do not yet have one. Is there any way around this? My wife (USC) is with me here and the last time she visited the US they would not let her open a bank account without a US address which we do not have and proof of that address.

I presumed we could use a credit card.

Arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saylin - how do I get out of this one?

Edited by Back_to_KY

Okay - how did I miss this?

I was not aware that the only means of payment for the AOS and the IV bills is by check on a US bank. We do not yet have one. Is there any way around this? My wife (USC) is with me here and the last time she visited the US they would not let her open a bank account without a US address which we do not have and proof of that address.

I presumed we could use a credit card.

Arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saylin - how do I get out of this one?

My RBC USA account only took one day to open and me get the account information.

You could try that…

I opened mine by going to a Canadian Branch (and opened a Cdn account as well) and then they faxed the paperwork down, but it looks like they’ll do it over the phone now. http://www.rbcbank.com/banking-with-us/cid-296621.html

Edited by hikergirl

Timeline

My RBC USA account only took one day to open and me get the account information.

You could try that…

I opened mine by going to a Canadian Branch (and opened a Cdn account as well) and then they faxed the paperwork down, but it looks like they’ll do it over the phone now. http://www.rbcbank.com/banking-with-us/cid-296621.html

Thanks hikergirl.

I deal with Scotiabank but want to get this done asap. Scotiabank seems rather unsure of whether they can actually even do it. Maybe I need to do what you did.

Thanks hikergirl.

I deal with Scotiabank but want to get this done asap. Scotiabank seems rather unsure of whether they can actually even do it. Maybe I need to do what you did.

It was so simple. Made an appointment at a RBC branch here to open both accounts. Brought a cheque with me which I wrote to myself to deposit to the new account. Opened the Cdn account.

He filled out some forms for the US account and by the next day it had been opened and I had a US Account and shortly thereafter a US Visa Check Card and some checks (I may have requested those though).

You can link the two accounts online and transfer North and South with no fees, just the exchange.

There’s an app to deposit US checks to the US acct. Easy peasy.

You can make cash withdrawals in the US at PNC branches which they have in KY :)

edited to add *We made ours a joint account for our financial co-mingling paperwork.

Edited by hikergirl

Hi Saylin and fellow VJ'ers.

I have 2 questions which hopefully you can help me on.

1) A lot of members talk about "optin". Does this pertain to only those countries on the list for electronic processing?

2) What is the "BIN #" assigned useful for?

Heres my info:

NOA1 June 25, 2012

NOA2 Feb 26, 2013

NVC received March 6, 2013

Case # and Invoice # assigned: March 20th, 2013, they took emails on the phone right away.

Thanks everyone!

OPTIN and BIN are for electronic processing only which is available only to certain countries (Canada and Mexico included.)

http://travel.state..../visa_5162.html

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5163.html

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

35 MINS ON HOLD!!! But I got all the information! YAY!!!! Sending optin email ASAP!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

It was so simple. Made an appointment at a RBC branch here to open both accounts. Brought a cheque with me which I wrote to myself to deposit to the new account. Opened the Cdn account.

He filled out some forms for the US account and by the next day it had been opened and I had a US Account and shortly thereafter a US Visa Check Card and some checks (I may have requested those though).

You can link the two accounts online and transfer North and South with no fees, just the exchange.

There’s an app to deposit US checks to the US acct. Easy peasy.

You can make cash withdrawals in the US at PNC branches which they have in KY :)

edited to add *We made ours a joint account for our financial co-mingling paperwork.

Thanks hikergirl.

I just got back from RBC - opened the accounts. Scotiabank cannot do it. RBC actually has a bank based in Georgia. They are not so optimistic about 24 hour turnaround but they said it should be fast.

Thanks for the suggestion and help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.