everafter0509

vaccination headstart

7 posts in this topic

I my self went through this process so I know my husband would also need the vaccines.

We really want to be timely efficient in the process. I have not received my noa 2 yet. But pretty soon I will.

I was thinking to have my husband start on his vaccines.

Will nvc medical panel would accept those? Given that its medically valid. (Time wise as I know certain vaccines has a life span in your body)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When your husband goes to St Luke's for the medical examination, SLEC will determine what vaccines to give him and those vaccines (regardless of how many) are already covered/included in the medical fee. No need to get vaccines from third party clinics/physicians.

Edited by apple21

I understand.. but like hepatitis... its given 3 doses.. and I want to do it quickly as possible.. my niece cant receive vaccines the same time. So she had to go back to st lukes after a month.

So yeah. My question was will they accept previous but updated vaccines

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I understand.. but like hepatitis... its given 3 doses.. and I want to do it quickly as possible.. my niece cant receive vaccines the same time. So she had to go back to st lukes after a month.

So yeah. My question was will they accept previous but updated vaccines

Yes, they will accept previous vaccines. Just bring the vaccination records on the day of his medical exam.

SELF-REPORTED VACCINES WILL NOT BE HONORED.

Your vaccination documentation will only be honored if it contains the following details:

personal copy (e.g. baby book)or copy of medical chart indicating received vaccines

complete date of receipt of vaccination

must include signature (license number, if applicable) of doctor or health worker who administered vaccine

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml

I don't think the hepatitis vaccine is required for adults. My wife, Chinook, did not receive the hepatitis vaccine at St. Lukes. From an immigration standpoint, I don't think your husband will have a problem. However, from a personal standpoint, it's a good idea to get the hepatitis series.

Are there any vaccines, etc. that must be administered in a series that may result in delays?

There's one vaccine that requires a series of two shots. I forget which one it is. I think it's the MMR. St. Lukes will give you the first shot in the series. However, you don't need the second shot for immigration purposes. For K-1'ers, they can adjust their status in the U.S. without having the second shot in the series.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.