sumianta

Allowing my 2 year green card to expire

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thank you Brit but at this point going to Brazil is more important than staying here by myself. my husband is not just an US citizen - he is also Brazilian. We both have our whole families down there. We ran out of reasons to stay in US and it's not fair for to keep a card that other immigrants are fighting to get right now.

I know what you meant. I think you are right. When you first ask for a visa you need to have proofs that you can be granted with that Visa whatever category it is. After that, I can use any time of my convinience but in rder to have it for the first time I do need to have a reason to ome back.

I don't know. I did not provide any evidence at all. I went to the US Embassy and applied by the form and fee, and told them that I'd like to visit the US sometimes over the summer (I applied in December of that year). I did not have any airplane tickets to show I am really going to go at the summer, or any paper that was showing a conference date or anything. I've got my tourist visa. Then summer came and I had more things to do then think about flying to the US, so I did not go. Another two years passed by before I ended up being able to fly to US for a month. So, I am not sure...maybe this differs by the nationals whom are applying? Oh well...I guess you heard both side of the coin to keep or give up your GC, so decision is yours, I'm outta here...:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.