Sarah Elle-Même

OMG Made a clerical error on I-129F petition :(

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hey all,

This is so embarrassing for me to admit. I went through my packet over and over and over again before submission. I even had my mom and fiance go over it so I sent it in thinking all was well. Then in my obsessive nature I went and looked back through the packet copy yesterday. It said in my statement of how we met that we met in 2007 - but we met in 2006!! I even included a group photo of us at university from 2006. Such a stupid goof on my part. Is there anything I can do now before they adjudicate my file? I don't think something like this will result in a denial from USCIS but the Sanaa embassy is so difficult to get approved at. In their own words all cases are deemed fraudulent unless proven otherwise. Not that it is intentional fraud or anything. I don't know how to bring my error to their attention so it doesn't haunt my fiance at his interview! It was my mistake, after all.

Any advice?

:help:

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

OMG No tats so bad , im Sorry for you , well i think you would call to USCIS the one you sent papers, then let them know about it with your EAC number , Maybe you will need to pay again the apply , just call there No stress Pray to GOD , GOOD LUCK

Timeline

Don't worry about it. This won't be an issue. Mention it later on at the interview if you'd like, but this alone won't stop you from getting your initial petition approved.

Calling USCIS will not do anything. The OP has no need to reapply or pay any fee again. This isn't a big deal at all. No need to try and scare people.

Thank you Evylin! I wasn't that worried about USCIS. I am mostly just terrified of the Embassy. They look for every little reason, real or imagined, to deny. But this is my petition, I'm the one who made the mistake. My fiance didn't do anything wrong. I just don't want my stupid little goof to hurt his chances.

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The requirement of the K-1 visa is that you and your fiancé(e) met and has seen you within the two-year period immediately preceding the filing of the I-129F petition.

Refer to Form I-129F, Part B, Question 18 for specifics: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129f.pdf

This requirement is also described in the I-129F instructions, Page 2, Question 5A: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

From your dates:

Your NOA1 is dated 11/19/2012, USCIS wants to see documentary evidence from the period of November 2010 to November 2012. What kind of evidence did you provide for that period? You will likely have to wait until you get an RFE and follow the instructions provided.

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Thank you Evylin! I wasn't that worried about USCIS. I am mostly just terrified of the Embassy. They look for every little reason, real or imagined, to deny. But this is my petition, I'm the one who made the mistake. My fiance didn't do anything wrong. I just don't want my stupid little goof to hurt his chances.

It won't. Your petition, if there is nothing else wrong of course, won't be denied. Your fiance can bring it up at the interview if he wants, but it likely won't even matter. As long as you have everything they require and plenty of relationship proof (I don't know about your embassy, so I'm not sure what makes them so difficult) then you'll be good to go. Just be prepared.

The requirement of the K-1 visa is that you and your fiancé(e) met and has seen you within the two-year period immediately preceding the filing of the I-129F petition.

Refer to Form I-129F, Part B, Question 18 for specifics: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129f.pdf

This requirement is also described in the I-129F instructions, Page 2, Question 5A: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

From your dates:

Your NOA1 is dated 11/19/2012, USCIS wants to see documentary evidence from the period of November 2010 to November 2012. What kind of evidence did you provide for that period? You will likely have to wait until you get an RFE and follow the instructions provided.

Good luck.

Huh?

All the OP said was that they met in 2006/2007. They never said that was the last time they saw each other in person.

Timeline

From your dates:

Good luck.

Oh no we've seen each other lots of times recently, 5 times in the last 2 years. I typed up an attachment in the petition to that question that explained the whole story - how we met in college in 2006 (except I typed 2007). I included plenty of evidence of filling all the requirements. This was just incidental information. Otherwise I front-loaded the s*** out of this thing!

- Paulo Coelho

Oh no we've seen each other lots of times recently, 5 times in the last 2 years. I typed up an attachment in the petition to that question that explained the whole story - how we met in college in 2006 (except I typed 2007). I included plenty of evidence of filling all the requirements. This was just incidental information. Otherwise I front-loaded the s*** out of this thing!

You're fine. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The fact that you met originally was in 2006 instead of 2007 has no bearing of interest to USCIS. They only care about the LAST TIME you saw each other and that it was within the last 2 years. If you made mention of that, along with the proof, then you are good to go. As far as the error goes, you can clear that up at the visa interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You're fine. :)

Agree. :thumbs:

OP: Your initial post didn't mention the exact scope and depth of your relationship evidence. Good idea to front-load the petition for a MENA interview.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Don't worry about it. I made an error in the statement as well. Claiming that we met when I was 10. When the truth was, we met when I was 6 and fell in love when I was 10. I just mentioned that during the interview and it was fine. Mine was a difference of 4 years, yours is only 1. You won't have any troubles. No worries :)

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

No big deal. Of course you're talking about when you first met and not the meeting in person within the two year period prior to filing, correct?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

No big deal. Of course you're talking about when you first met and not the meeting in person within the two year period prior to filing, correct?

When we first met. We have seen each other plenty of times in the last 2 years and I had a boatload of evidence of those meetings in the petition. I even just visited him after submitting the petition. My only concern is the Embassy because all I've heard is horror stories.

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I made a mistake on our G-325a, I noticed it the same day I received the NOA1. I called USCIS and they told me to mail a letter outlining the mistake and mail it to them with the NOA1 receipt number.I am not sure if it was ever matched up with our case, but it was never brought up at the interview. Did you try calling USCIS? Maybe you can correct it at NVC once it gets there? I know what it feels like when you make a mistake, but it happens, don't beat yourself up, I am sure you or your fiance will have the opportunity to explain it was a typo. Good luck and keep us updated!!

Hey all,

This is so embarrassing for me to admit. I went through my packet over and over and over again before submission. I even had my mom and fiance go over it so I sent it in thinking all was well. Then in my obsessive nature I went and looked back through the packet copy yesterday. It said in my statement of how we met that we met in 2007 - but we met in 2006!! I even included a group photo of us at university from 2006. Such a stupid goof on my part. Is there anything I can do now before they adjudicate my file? I don't think something like this will result in a denial from USCIS but the Sanaa embassy is so difficult to get approved at. In their own words all cases are deemed fraudulent unless proven otherwise. Not that it is intentional fraud or anything. I don't know how to bring my error to their attention so it doesn't haunt my fiance at his interview! It was my mistake, after all.

Any advice?

:help:

no problem, i did the same stupid mistake also and nothing happen.

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.