kfischm1

CSC July Filer Contacting Congressman

33 posts in this topic

Well by now we are just kind of in a daze about all of this. And realizing more and more every day that Uncle Sam does what he wants, when he wants and doesn't do it if he doesn't want to. There's really not much we can do anymore, I keep trying, like filing another service request this past Friday. But if it's anything like the past one's I have filed, the only response I get is to wait, wait, wait and wait some more. Don't really get any solid info, just stuff like "waiting on a file" etc. It seems anything that is done takes months to accomplish. So I guess we have no alternative at this point. We could get married in the Phil, but then the process starts all over again and I really don't see the advantage of doing that. Very frustrating to say the least.

My heart breaks for you guys - that is beyond awful! I contacted my congresswoman on January 24 and got my approval on February 21 - no idea if it helped any but it seems a very arbitrary system! Stay strong!

Contacting our senator didn't do much for us except to hear that USCIS told them that the processing time is between 7 and 8 months and that processing times vary according to the number of petitions they receive each month. It was 2 weeks ago, we are supposed to contact them again in 2 weeks for them to make another inquiry on our behalf.

In the mid time we are contacting our congressman and see if it works any better...

However for some people contacting their senator did something good, so i do't understand how it works for some people and not for others.... Are there some senators who have more influence on them ?

Honestly i'm thinking that US folks should do something like going to CSC and protest or do like the Sufragette did (tying themselves to the buildings) Unfortunately the fiance waiting abroad cannot do much to help but it is not by complaining here on a forum that it is going to do anything.

K1 Journey:

NOA1: 08/21/2012 (CSC)

NOA2: 04/24/2013 (8 months ClockWatch2.gif )

NVC received: 05/02/2013

NVC sent to Embassy: 05/06/2013 (only took 4 days !!)

Packet 3 received: 06/01/2013 (our son's 2nd birthday !!).Packet 3 response leaving in the mail on the next business day (06/04)

Medical: 06/11/2013

Interview: 06/18/2013. No packet 4 received, interview notice given on the phone the day before.

APPROVED !!

POE Chicago: 07/05/2013

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

NOA1: 07/30/2013

Biometrics: 09/09/2013

EAD/AP: 10/09/2013

Received a "potential interview waiver case" letter on 11/23/13.

GREEN CARD APPROVED AND IN PRODUCTION ON 03/17/2014

ROC I-751:

Sent: 01/09/16

NOA1: 01/11/16

Approval and Production Notice: 07/29/16

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance did the same thing today as we reach 217 days waiting. We will se if its gonna help or not.

We contacted our Congressman's office too and had a case worker assigned. She sent my Fiance a letter stating that they are giving 60 days for USCIS to response. I know it sounds frustrating but at least we tried. All we can do for now is to wait a little more! :blush: Best of luck to everyone!

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more,
that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.
And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever."
- Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I wish you good luck with congressmen, senator's etc. I have done those as well as multiple service requests, 2 separate info passes and multiple calls to USCIS including tier 2. Basically USCIS does what they want, when they want and no amount of calling, harassing, begging or pleading does any good what so ever in my humble opinion. The congressmen did try to help by contacting the service center, but after weeks of waiting they got the same typical responses that I had been getting - "wait 30 - 60 days", "wait 120 days", and one reply came back and said "if you haven't heard anything in 6 months please contact USCIS at that time", if you can believe that response LOL. The system is unjust for USC's but it's "A Dream Act" for others.

Could not be more agree with you there... I am crying and crying and crying.... It's been 7 months.. 7 long and horrible months to be apart from our love one.. And yet, they just put us aside for these bunch of illegal immigrants. What's just in that?? So.. they're just ignoring the fact that THEIR US CITIZENS are going crazy and suffered from this so called DREAM ACT? I think it's just ridiculous..

We don't even have enough money to have another visit.. We just don't... Won't they listen to us?..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Seven months now and no NOA2 or even an RFE. I'm tired of calling USCIS only to be told, "We are processing July 18" (as they have been saying for the last two months !! despite many August and September petitions being approved) and to "Wait ____ weeks and you will hear something" and then after waiting ____ weeks, calling and being told the same thing again. Speaking to a Tier 2 agent has done nothing - in fact, they have often contradicted what the previous agent said. The online system doesn't let me put in a service request (because "my petition is not outside of the normal processing time" per the so-called July 18 processing date) Those few July filers who were able to do a service request received service request responses of "wait more," so service requests are useless.

So today I decided to contact my state senator's office and they are going to inquire on my petition. My NOA1 dates is July 26 and it has been 214 days.

Perhaps this won't do anything - perhaps it will. At this point what can it hurt? The only other option is wait...and wait...and wait.

Maybe if all of us July CSC filers contacted our congressmen it would put pressure on CSC to finish the July I-129F K-1 applications.

210 days here and still waiting and waiting and forever waiting! My partner also made several calls and also got the same response! "We are processing July 18"! We did think of contacting a senator to help us but I don't know if that would help, so I told my partner that we should wait a little bit more, since I'm used to that idea of waiting and waiting now.....I hope we all hear something in the near future.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wish you good luck with congressmen, senator's etc. I have done those as well as multiple service requests, 2 separate info passes and multiple calls to USCIS including tier 2. Basically USCIS does what they want, when they want and no amount of calling, harassing, begging or pleading does any good what so ever in my humble opinion. The congressmen did try to help by contacting the service center, but after weeks of waiting they got the same typical responses that I had been getting - "wait 30 - 60 days", "wait 120 days", and one reply came back and said "if you haven't heard anything in 6 months please contact USCIS at that time", if you can believe that response LOL. The system is unjust for USC's but it's "A Dream Act" for others.

Contacting your congressmen or woman is a waste of time because they never even see your letter it get intecepted by the so called "Visa Expert" I did the same thing contact my two senators and in both accounts I was told basically in kind words to suck it up and stop wasting the senators time so unless your senator is special and actually reads his mail then by all means contact them but if not don't waste you time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yesterday was day 200 for me we did a service request last month and so far nothing is very frustrating now me and my fiance are having a second thought wishing we would have gotten married.a friend of ours that got married and file in March gotten their noa2 so wrong why are we still waiting we csc filers?come to our aid

Yesterday was day 200 for me we did a service request last month and so far nothing is very frustrating now me and my fiance are having a second thought wishing we would have gotten married.a friend of ours that got married and file in March gotten their noa2 so wrong why are we still waiting we csc filers?come to our aid

we pretty much accepted the fact that the wait will be at least 7 months but most likely 8. Also, seeing what is going on now...we should have gotten married in the country I was living in at the time but nobody knew, nobody could know. It sucks, we both are worried that on top of 8 months there will be big wait for other things and not being able to do anything is the worst.

Good luck to all of us and let's pray that CSC speeds up at some point...that is all we can do.

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Thanks for all of the good wishes everyone. :-) I'll update once I hear something.

I know my senator isn't going to get on the phone and call himself, but when I was in his office his staff definetely seemed like they cared. They had a conference with me get the details on my case and said they would inquire on it. Maybe the fact that my senator he has served as governor of my state and also as the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture will help. Either way, might as well try.

I might look into the omnibudsman too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Seven months now and no NOA2 or even an RFE. I'm tired of calling USCIS only to be told, "We are processing July 18" (as they have been saying for the last two months !! despite many August and September petitions being approved) and to "Wait ____ weeks and you will hear something" and then after waiting ____ weeks, calling and being told the same thing again. Speaking to a Tier 2 agent has done nothing - in fact, they have often contradicted what the previous agent said. The online system doesn't let me put in a service request (because "my petition is not outside of the normal processing time" per the so-called July 18 processing date) Those few July filers who were able to do a service request received service request responses of "wait more," so service requests are useless.

So today I decided to contact my state senator's office and they are going to inquire on my petition. My NOA1 dates is July 26 and it has been 214 days.

Perhaps this won't do anything - perhaps it will. At this point what can it hurt? The only other option is wait...and wait...and wait.

Maybe if all of us July CSC filers contacted our congressmen it would put pressure on CSC to finish the July I-129F K-1 applications.

I may be flogged and hung out to dry, but what happened to patience? AND a handful of August and one September approval hardly equates to "many."

Instead of continually contacting USCIS, congressman, God and who knows.. Concentrate on the positive.. that is your fiancée!! Work on your relationship, plan for the future.. work on yourself.. save money, get in better health and physical shape. All of which will make the time go by quicker.

Besides, I would think that every time someone calls in, stopping the process to find where one petition is, causes a slow down for everyone.. Not just yourself..

event.png event.png event.png

K1 VisaService Center : CaliforniaI-129f Sent : 08/30/2012I-129f NOA1 : 09/04/2012I-129f RFE(s) : NONEI-129f Reply(s) : NONEI-129f NOA2 : 04/17/2013 2:45 PM dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif NVC Received : 04/22/2013NVC Left : 04/25/2013. Holy Cow!!! NVC is Fast!!!Consulate Received (Kiev) : 04/29/2013 3:47 PM.. Packet 3 Received :Packet 3 Sent :Packet 4 Received :Medical Exam : 05/30/2013 - waiting on TB tests due to childhood TB. Sometime early August 2013. 08/06/2013 - word from clinic in Kiev.. TB results negative.. sending documentation to US Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Interview (I'm in Kiev) : 05/31/2013Visa Received :Back to Ukraine to get my girl:09/23/2013Arrival US:09/31/2013US Entry :10/1/2013Wedding :10/10/2013

Scott Oleson[url=http://olesonfamily.com/scott] Westminster, CO <p>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

With all due respect, I don't think you understand the reason for our frustration.

The people we talk to when we call USCIS are in a call center. They are not retrieving our files and diverting time away from the processing because they are not the people working on our files. Calling is not delaying the processing of applications in anyway.

The reason we are all upset is because of the lack of information and blatantly false information. When we July filers filed our petitions, we were told there was an average of 5 months for processing at CSC (though it was very common for approvals within 3-4 months). I patiently waited for a decision for 5 1/2 months before I tried to inquire on what was occurring as I had heard nothing and had not received an RFE. We are upset because many of us are at 7 months with no word since the day we filed. We would be fine with waiting if we would be given an accurate estimate of expected approval, reasons for the delay, or even a small update on our file, such as they are waiting for X paper from Y office. But that is not the case. No one will even pull up our case or tell us why it has not been approved or if they have even looked at it. No one will tell us truthfully when we can expect a response. If we call we are told "Wait __ weeks and you should have a response." We then wait, and when we haven't received a response, we call and are told to wait more and that we should hear within that time. Many of us have no problem with being patient or waiting our turn. But we are sick of being told excuses and contradicting information. We just want an honest timeline or answer as to why there is such a delay. They are clearly not on July 18 applications - it is a line they are told to say. And if for some odd reason they really are stuck on July 18 after two months, that is very alarming.

And that is the other reason why we are upset. There is clearly a dramatic decrease in the number of applications for fiance visas being approved/processed at CSC in the last few months. Movement appears to have almost came to a complete stop. CSC has not stated the reason for the sudden drop in processing or the cause. If we were given a reason from CSC, or if it seemed that they were actively working to process applications and rectify the delay/backlog, many of us wouldn't upset.

I don't understand why people who are in the same waiting game don't understand your pain and offer condolences, instead of offering empty "patience" platitudes.

I feel for you and hope things resolve themselves quickly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

With all due respect, I don't think you understand the reason for our frustration.

The people we talk to when we call USCIS are in a call center. They are not retrieving our files and diverting time away from the processing because they are not the people working on our files. Calling is not delaying the processing of applications in anyway.

The reason we are all upset is because of the lack of information and blatantly false information. When we July filers filed our petitions, we were told there was an average of 5 months for processing at CSC (though it was very common for approvals within 3-4 months). I patiently waited for a decision for 5 1/2 months before I tried to inquire on what was occurring as I had heard nothing and had not received an RFE. We are upset because many of us are at 7 months with no word since the day we filed. We would be fine with waiting if we would be given an accurate estimate of expected approval, reasons for the delay, or even a small update on our file, such as they are waiting for X paper from Y office. But that is not the case. No one will even pull up our case or tell us why it has not been approved or if they have even looked at it. No one will tell us truthfully when we can expect a response. If we call we are told "Wait __ weeks and you should have a response." We then wait, and when we haven't received a response, we call and are told to wait more and that we should hear within that time. Many of us have no problem with being patient or waiting our turn. But we are sick of being told excuses and contradicting information. We just want an honest timeline or answer as to why there is such a delay. They are clearly not on July 18 applications - it is a line they are told to say. And if for some odd reason they really are stuck on July 18 after two months, that is very alarming.

And that is the other reason why we are upset. There is clearly a dramatic decrease in the number of applications for fiance visas being approved/processed at CSC in the last few months. Movement appears to have almost came to a complete stop. CSC has not stated the reason for the sudden drop in processing or the cause. If we were given a reason from CSC, or if it seemed that they were actively working to process applications and rectify the delay/backlog, many of us wouldn't upset.

With all due respect.. I do understand the frustration. My original K1 petition was sent to the Texas lock box Aug 14, only to wait 14 days to get the whole thing back. Reason: the I129f was incorrect?? So my attorney and I looked and found a "newer" form that was said to be the "most recent." The difference between the two -- absolutely nothing; except the adopted date and revision date. AND the original I129f I used showed on the USCIS website as being acceptable. Could I have complained, griped, cried, called everyone under the sun and let them know? Sure, but instead I returned the forms and hoped for the best. Now I hope for a speedy processing and NOT to receive an RFE, but rather an approval. The process still must proceed and follow normal procedures.. Can I change it? NO... Did I get into this for the short term gratification of brining someone to the US OR am I in it because I have found (for me) the most amazing woman on the planet? (I hope you all feel the same about your fiancée) I also realized that we were in a presidential election, 4 major US holidays and a number of other factors that I must wait through. I accept that this WILL slow processing times. But as I said before I am in it for the long haul NOT instant gratification. I think it amazing that microwave popcorn has become too slow for many in our society. So all I am saying is change your mindset.. Look to the positive that you will be together.. NO matter how long it will take. Spend your energies on the positive and the good.. NOT on the feeling of woe is me when things at USCIS -- CSC -- VSC are taking longer than we would like. Does the system need fixed? I would agree YES. But, work to change it in a positive way and through the right channels.

As for the comment following yours.. I do have sympathy and condolences. God knows I wanted to see my girl here for Christmas 2012. I was even told originally that processing only took 90 days.. WOW was that idiot wrong. So my sympathy and condolences because the two of you are not together yet. Is that not what we all want? To be with our fiancée as soon as possible, and begin our lives together.... But, my sympathy or condolences will ever be offered for a lack of patience.

event.png event.png event.png

K1 VisaService Center : CaliforniaI-129f Sent : 08/30/2012I-129f NOA1 : 09/04/2012I-129f RFE(s) : NONEI-129f Reply(s) : NONEI-129f NOA2 : 04/17/2013 2:45 PM dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif NVC Received : 04/22/2013NVC Left : 04/25/2013. Holy Cow!!! NVC is Fast!!!Consulate Received (Kiev) : 04/29/2013 3:47 PM.. Packet 3 Received :Packet 3 Sent :Packet 4 Received :Medical Exam : 05/30/2013 - waiting on TB tests due to childhood TB. Sometime early August 2013. 08/06/2013 - word from clinic in Kiev.. TB results negative.. sending documentation to US Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Interview (I'm in Kiev) : 05/31/2013Visa Received :Back to Ukraine to get my girl:09/23/2013Arrival US:09/31/2013US Entry :10/1/2013Wedding :10/10/2013

Scott Oleson[url=http://olesonfamily.com/scott] Westminster, CO <p>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.