Mina90

So irritated.

25 posts in this topic

I just need to vent my frustration.

So, my dad took all my tax info (w2, payments, etc.) and filed taxes FOR me without even asking me for 2012. Ok, even that was okay because he told the tax lady that I have to file MARRIED BUT SEPARATELY. She said ok. I was looking through the tax return today and it says "SINGLE". #######. I am beyond upset. Getting this fixed will be another stress I don't need. Not only did the tax lady mess up my marital status on the taxes, the last 3 pages she attached is not even my taxes! They are of some other couple who filed electronically in 2010 and all their information is now in my hands. I can't believe this. She not only messed up my information, she even gave away some other couple's social security numbers and important information too! WOW! :angry:

wow.gif

Most incompetent tax person ever? blink.gif

Yes. Yes, indeed.

Sorry to hear Mina......please refer to my "The Rant" so you can join many others ranting .....

I will surely look into your thread!

Didn't you have to sign it?

Well, it's the electronic version sent to the IRS, so I do not have to physically sign it. They give the printed out copy of what was submitted, that's where I noticed all these issues.

Well, it's the electronic version sent to the IRS, so I do not have to physically sign it. They give the printed out copy of what was submitted, that's where I noticed all these issues.

Ouch

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes. Yes, indeed.

I will surely look into your thread!

But before they send the electronic version, you have to sign a sheet verifying the information.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

But before they send the electronic version, you have to sign a sheet verifying the information.

Apparently her dad took it all in, and this incompetent woman didn't require it?

You can fix this issue though right?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

That's why I said the lady needs to retire because she doesn't follow any rules. So, no, she didn't even wait for a signature from me.

Apparently her dad took it all in, and this incompetent woman didn't require it?

You can fix this issue though right?

Yeah, I filled out a tax amendment form (1040X) to change my filing status. It just takes IRS a while to get it all changed because they're so busy with everyone else's taxes.

Edited by Mina90

Timeline

That's why I said the lady needs to retire because she doesn't follow any rules. So, no, she didn't even wait for a signature from me.

Yeah, I filled out a tax amendment form (1040X) to change my filing status. It just takes IRS a while to get it all changed because they're so busy with everyone else's taxes.

And usually the amendment cost as much as the original return. That woman needs to be reported to the IRS

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It is actually more beneficial to file as single vs married filing separately. As married filing seperately you are ineligible to for the tuition and fees deduction, student loan interest deduction, tax free exclusion of US bond interest, tax free exclusion of social security benefits, credit for the elderly and disabled, child and dependant care credit, earned income credit, or the Hope and Lifetime learning credits. Also IRA deductions have a lower income phase out if you are married vs single.

Not saying your tax preparer was correct in doing this, but she probably thought she was helping you out by classifying you as single.

Timeline

It is actually more beneficial to file as single vs married filing separately. As married filing seperately you are ineligible to for the tuition and fees deduction, student loan interest deduction, tax free exclusion of US bond interest, tax free exclusion of social security benefits, credit for the elderly and disabled, child and dependant care credit, earned income credit, or the Hope and Lifetime learning credits. Also IRA deductions have a lower income phase out if you are married vs single.

Not saying your tax preparer was correct in doing this, but she probably thought she was helping you out by classifying you as single.

Yep. But you aren't eligble to file single if you are married. You either have to file married filing jointly or married filing seperately. That tax preparer is not any good and will make you get in trouble with the IRS.

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Sorry to hear Mina......please refer to my "The Rant" so you can join many others ranting .....

Your like a car sales man!! Dang! Hahahaha

I had to have my taxes amended as well. The guy filed me as single when I told him I was married not two feet from him.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751