jg_am

Good luck Montreal interviewees!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Linda, all my best wishes are going your way between now and tomorrow. Best of luck and I am sure it will all be fine.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks to everyone :)

As I sit here in the hotel warming up from my test walk to the consulate (less than 15 mins from the sheraton in a straight line so can't get lost!) it means a lot. Hopefully everyones wishes will boost my karma.

There are a few little irregularities in our journey, so we hired a lawyer to ease our minds and give us good advice, and on Friday he gave us heart failure when it became clear that since we retained him lo those many months ago, he failed to reread our file and on d day we are scrambling around trying to tie up our loose ends and write addendums.

I am currently a stressed out wreck. I can think straight, sleep or stop worrying about the outcome. Well at least it will be over tommorow, one way or the other.

Will keep you posted. Fingers crossed.

Linda

Thanks for the info about the Sheraton.

I have my fingers crossed for you! I will be looking for your post tomorrow giving a :thumbs:

Thinking of ya! See ya Wednesday night!!

I wanted to share an excellent bakery we came across, just a few blocks away from the Consulate in Old Montreal. It's called Claude Postel, and is located at 75, Rue Notre-Dame Ouest. They have delicious pastries, *the best* bowls of hot chocolate, great sandwiches, soup, and amazing chocolates. It's located close to the Basilica Notre-Dame de Montreal (110, rue Notre-Dame Ouest), which is well worth a visit, especially with a guided tour (included in the price of admission). It's very calming. ;) Also calming: bottles of local beer, available at the IGA grocery store, in the mall on Ste-Catherine St, just north-east of the consulate. :whistle:

Map and directions to Claude Postel and the Basilica.

We had a celebratory dinner at Les Heritiers (5091 de Lanaudière & Laurier ), chosen from restaurants reviewed on this excellent restaurant review site. It was easy to get to on the metro from our hotel (downtown), and the food, service, and atmosphere were excellent. It's worth noting that most restaurants (including this one) are BYOB and there isn't a corkage fee! We had the table d'hôte: you can choose from the list of several appetisers, main courses, and desserts, and the price also included grapefruit sorbet and tea or coffee. I think it was something like $89 all together, which was very reasonable for the great quality.

We also had smoked meat at Schwartz's (3895 St. Laurent & Duluth, easily accessible by metro), just because Montreal seems to be famous for its smoked meat. It was really busy, with a line-up out the door and more choices than I expected, but the waiter suggested what we should have and it was perfect!

(How can you tell I'm a foodie? :blush: )

Anyway, good luck again!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I want to check out Schwartz's to cause my brother says they are the best he has ever tasted. But the bakery sounds great too, thanks.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Oh I want to check out Schwartz's to cause my brother says they are the best he has ever tasted. But the bakery sounds great too, thanks.

It's a tough call, but you probably won't be disappointed with either place. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please pray for me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My sweetie's interview is on Monday!!!!

12/29/06-entered USA

1/03/07 Married

AOS JOURNEY BEGINS.....

1/4/07-mailed AOS/EAD

1/5/07-AOS/EAD received at Chicago Lockbox

1/13/07-NOA 1 (dated 1/9/07)

1/15/07-AOS/EAD touched

1/16/07-touched

1/22/07-touched

1/23/07-email stating rfe is coming :(

1/24/07-AOS/EAD touched

1/28/07-AOS touched

1/30/07-Biometrics appointment

1/31/07- mail RFE to Missouri

2/1/07-AOS/EAD touched

2/6/07-Processing on case resumes!!!

2/16/07-Transferred to California Service Center

2/20/07-Touched

2/26/07-Case pending at California Service Center

2/27/07-touched

3/2/07-touched

3/5/07-touched

3/8/07-touched

3/8/07-GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!! My wonderful birthday gift

3/14/07-Green card in hands

Note to self...... Lift conditions 12/08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.