amanda23

can't meet k1 requirements is their another way?

33 posts in this topic

the guy i want to be with lives in the u.k and we can not meet the k1 requirements to marry... i can't even get a co sponsor either.. work visa's are rare so basically it feels hopeless.. but i wanted to know if their is anyway what so ever we can get around this? or another way he can marry me. i mean i know about the visa fraud. but is it possible we can at least get married but him not stay in the us and not file for the adjustment of status? i mean if he can't come live with me can we at least try and find another way? with out breaking the law? and it's the same way with me going over to live in the u.k we can't meet the requirements or get me a sponsor :/ is their some where we can go? do anything.. can any one help me? im actually trying to do this the right way no matter what will not risk doing it illegally even if we had to travel back and forth for the rest of are lives we'd do it:/ even if we could only see each other so long we'd still do it.. but that is just a load of b.s i understand why the laws are like this but i was hoping their could be some way around it... i just want to know can we still at least get married? i know the way i said sounds stupid but if you really loved someone you will do anything you can to be with them no matter how pointless... id be highly impressed if any one can find away for us to be together highly impressed. im from R.I in the u.s he is from England in the U.K yes i do have a daughter as well and im exuasted enough having to come right back home and be mommy again.. and employment is very hard in R.I to get a job because all the college students can't get a job and mind you they go to college for real good stuff too but their is no jobs for them so they take all the jobs i can qualify for :/

also his job makes about 11,000 . it's sucks if the combined his and income we would qualify but we all know he can't take his business over here.. i wish it was as simple as we get married and he could prov another way that he can support him self with a job here in the u.s

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
i do have a daughter as well and im exuasted enough having to come right back home and be mommy again.. and employment is very hard in R.I to get a job because all the college students can't get a job and mind you they go to college for real good stuff too but their is no jobs for them so they take all the jobs i can qualify for :/

Of course you can get married in America or England that is not a problem.

The answer remains the same - get employment or get a joint sponsor.

Now, I gave you good advice about going the EU route for family reunification. You can PM and I can tell you more about how that will work and about living in the UK afterwards. I've got confirmation from my EU liaison lawyer concerning the legality of it.

The better question is what is the custody situation concerning your daughter? Can you live in another country or no?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

If you had a full time job where you make $10 / hour, you would make in excess of 125% of the poverty line for a household of 2 and meet the requirements. You don't even need to submit the financial paperwork until the consular interview which won't be for 6-8 months from the time to file, which means if you filed tomorrow you would have 6-8 months to find a job where you make more than $19,400 a year. If you are either unable or unwilling to do that, I am not sure how you can justify considering marriage to anyone, British, American or otherwise. Marriage is about a lifetime commitment to the person you love, but a part of that commitment is financial as well.

Well said!

If neither of you meet the immigration requirements for the UK or the USA, you have a third option, you can live in an EU country under family reunification while your UK partner (who should be your spouse for this to really work) works, studies, or lives under independent means.

could you explain more about moving to a EU? i mean i don't mind moving some where else.

the guy i want to be with lives in the u.k and we can not meet the k1 requirements to marry... i can't even get a co sponsor either.. work visa's are rare so basically it feels hopeless.. but i wanted to know if their is anway what so ever we can get around this? or another way he can marry me. i mean i know about the visa fraud. but is it possible we can at least get married but him not stay in the us and not file for the adjustment of status? i mean if he can't come live with me can we at least try and find another way? with out breaking the law? and it's the same way with me going over to live in the u.k we can't meet the requirements or get me a sponsor :/ is their some where we can go? do anything.. can any one help me? im actually trying to do this the right way no matter what will not risk doing it illegally even if we had to travel back and forth for the rest of are lives we'd do it:/ even if we could only see each other so long we'd still do it.. but that is just a load of b.s i understand why the laws are like this but i was hoping their could be some way around it... i just want to know can we still at least get married? i know the way i said sounds stupid but if you really loved someone you will do anything you can to be with them no matter how pointless... id be highly impressed if any one can find away for us to be together highly impressed. im from R.I in the u.s he is from England in the U.K

also we woluldn't be visiting each otehr often mabey once or twice a year :/ so yea... and all so i do not want to do anything illegal i wan't to do this the right way even if we move some where else.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

could you explain more about moving to a EU? i mean i don't mind moving some where else.

I'll pm you about it. :thumbs:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Of course you can get married in America or England that is not a problem.

The answer remains the same - get employment or get a joint sponsor.

Now, I gave you good advice about going the EU route for family reunification. You can PM and I can tell you more about how that will work and about living in the UK afterwards. I've got confirmation from my EU liaison lawyer concerning the legality of it.

The better question is what is the custody situation concerning your daughter? Can you live in another country or no?

@amanda23 I to am from Rhode Island and yes its difficult to find a job in R.I have you considered going over to Mass for a job i have been wokring in Mass for 20 years bc its easier to find work there.... Im not sure what city you live in. its worth checking out.... do you work now?

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

as1cJOU-M240000MDAwMDA4fDAwMDEzOThsfGJlY2FtZSBhIGNvdXBsZQ.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

also his job makes about 11,000 . it's sucks if the combined his and income we would qualify but we all know he can't take his business over here.. i wish it was as simple as we get married and he could prov another way that he can support him self with a job here in the u.s

If you two could put money aside, that might make up for the difference between your income and the necessary amount.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

You could apply for a J1 visa for exchange students/Summer work or a F1 visa and come as a student then once in the US apply for adjustment of status. However you will have to prove that this was not your plan all along, if you get caught it could be bad news for future visits.

Could you explain more about your situation.

But J-1 visa are not so easy to get either. Plus, to adjust status, there are still financial requirement, that the OP won't be able to meet more than the K-1 requirement if she doesn't change her financial situation. If they don't adjust status, how will her fiancé work? On EAD ad vitam aeternam? (I don't know, I am just raising questions here... maybe it is possible to do this, but guys, if you take this route, this will be difficult).

The best option is to try to meet the requirement. Unless you have a whole family to support (maybe you have children and so on...) it is probably doable at one point.

Otherwise: yes you two can get married without a K-1 if your fiancé lives 90 days max after he entered the country on a VWP.

Maybe you can go leave in a 3rd country? What about canada, new zealand, australia? Maybe even Malta (very small island, I wouldn't spend my whole life there, but for a couple of years, why not? This is full of people from all over the word)

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

If you are having such a difficult time finding a job in Rhode Island what makes you think it will be easy enough for him? He will most likely have a more difficult time then you as he has no past references from the US and some skills/education cannot be used here without re certifications, etc. Maybe you should look into areas that are better suited for employment for you. The bottom line is you two must show financially he will not become a public charge if you want to live in the US. There is no way around it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

the guy i want to be with lives in the u.k and we can not meet the k1 requirements to marry... i can't even get a co sponsor either.. work visa's are rare so basically it feels hopeless.. but i wanted to know if their is anway what so ever we can get around this? or another way he can marry me. i mean i know about the visa fraud. but is it possible we can at least get married but him not stay in the us and not file for the adjustment of status? i mean if he can't come live with me can we at least try and find another way? with out breaking the law? and it's the same way with me going over to live in the u.k we can't meet the requirements or get me a sponsor :/ is their some where we can go? do anything.. can any one help me? im actually trying to do this the right way no matter what will not risk doing it illegally even if we had to travel back and forth for the rest of are lives we'd do it:/ even if we could only see each other so long we'd still do it.. but that is just a load of b.s i understand why the laws are like this but i was hoping their could be some way around it... i just want to know can we still at least get married? i know the way i said sounds stupid but if you really loved someone you will do anything you can to be with them no matter how pointless... id be highly impressed if any one can find away for us to be together highly impressed. im from R.I in the u.s he is from England in the U.K

What requirements are you talking about that you are not meeting? From reading all the posts I assume it is a lack of ability to prove support on the I-134, but this is only for the interview stage of the process. To receive an approved I-129f petition, you only need to prove your citizenship, that both of you are legally free and willing to marry, and that you have seen each other in the last 2 years. If you meet THESE requirements, then get started! The petition will take on average about six months to get approved, so you can use that time to find a job (or second job) that will allow you to meet the financial requirements of sponsorship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can use capital instead of income.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Do the right thing and it will work out, good luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.