volcanic

porque los hombres son mentirosos??

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

She doesn't speak English, apparently. But needs help.

Buena suerta, Lucila.

Yes she/he does http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30074&hl= And its the only other thread from this ID :whistle:

Seems to speak English just fine there...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

She doesn't speak English, apparently. But needs help.

Buena suerta, Lucila.

Yes she/he does http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30074&hl= And its the only other thread from this ID :whistle:

Loved Cerise's recap...that was a goodun!

It's weird... her profile says she's Venezuelan, but her Spanish is just like she learned it as a second language. She does not speak Spanish, at least not fluently... it might be just a bluff or however you can call that. IMO!

Interesting....

Actually, my son, who speaks pretty fluent Spanish (Spain Spanish, not Mexican Spanish) thought it was Catalan Spanish...

Someone else said "I wouldn't put too much weight on that, given that the Internet is full of native English speakers that sound uneducated in forums. u no wut I mean?!!11?"

Just for general culture (I love this kind of info BTW) and not to fight with anyone:

First of all... Spanish from Spain, Mexico, Venezuela, etc. without counting dialects as Catalan, Valenciano, Gallego or Vasco for example, is the same thing, only with phonetic (not phonological) differences. It was funny, though, that someone would take that for Catalan, because it is actually close to that, LOL.

Second, educated Spanish has nothing to do with structures. Believe me, that had more weight than anything else :)

Just willing to share something I love to study. (F)

LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT (E. Dickinson)

PREFIERO SER CABEZA DE RATÓN QUE COLA DE LEÓN.

L'HOMME EST CE QU'IL SE FAIT (J.P. Sartre)

ON NE NAÎT PAS FEMME; ON LE DEVIENT (S. De Beauvoir)

ALEA IACTA EST (I. Caesar)

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
English please....or someone pls move this to a regional forum

She's married, living in the US. She had a baby in September. She's "locked in the house" with no internet. Her husband is a jerk. She doesn't know English and doesn't have a job. She doesn't like being in the US. She wants a divorce, but .... something about the baby.....couldn't figure that part out.

She's saying her husband says he's going to take the baby from her if she tries to divorce him.

Mary (NC) Atif (Youssoufia)

NOA2 for 129F on 16 Nov 2005......NOA2 for I-130 on 28 Nov 2005

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

10 July 2006--signed I-485 and I-765

25 July 2006 recieved NOA-1 for both

18 Aug 2006 Biometrics Appt.

21 Oct 2006 EAD arrives in mail

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

09 Feb '07-received denial of AOS--#######??!! MTR filed--Interview-01 Aug 07

27 Sept '07-I-765 [#2] filed--14 Nov '07 Biomerics for I-765 [#2]

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

August 2009--Permanent Resident Card arrives!!!!

We are Finished with Immigration for 10 years!!!!

She's married, living in the US. She had a baby in September. She's "locked in the house" with no internet. Her husband is a jerk. She doesn't know English and doesn't have a job. She doesn't like being in the US. She wants a divorce, but .... something about the baby.....couldn't figure that part out.

She's saying her husband says he's going to take the baby from her if she tries to divorce him.

I don't think that person is being honest. How do you spell /founi/ in English?

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Si no tengas internet in casa, creo que es mejor buscar ayuda ubicada cerca. Cualquier iglesia, o el doctor de tu niño, o trabajador del gobierno, van a conocer grupos que te pueden ayudar. Hay grupos de madres nuevas, clases de inglés, y grupos para mujeres quienes tienen problemas con sus esposos. No conozco a tu esposo, asi no puedo decir nada de lo que hace él, o lo que debes hacer de tu matrimonio. Pero sé que es importante salir de la casa en vez de sentir encerrada, y es muy importante aprender el inglés. Tambien sé que los primeros meses despues de tener hijo son difíciles. Nuestra hija tiene cinco meses, y mi esposa tambien sentió encerrada (ahora ella está en Barquisimeto, pasando unas semanas visitando a su familia, pero con la niña siente un poquito encerrada en esa casa tambien). Poco a poco es mas facil salir de la casa. Para nosotros, era muy importante por menos salir a dar un paseo pequeño cada día.

Creo que nadie aquí habla el español, y por eso es mejor poner esta conversación en el grupo regional de latinoamerica

Si es mejor.....mas gente ayuda ti alla.

I don't think that person is being honest. How do you spell /founi/ in English?

It could possibly be that this person is using someone else's ID to post this question---Just a thought. AND I was just answering what I thought was a question about not understanding about what the husband wanted to do with the newborn. :whistle:

Mary (NC) Atif (Youssoufia)

NOA2 for 129F on 16 Nov 2005......NOA2 for I-130 on 28 Nov 2005

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

10 July 2006--signed I-485 and I-765

25 July 2006 recieved NOA-1 for both

18 Aug 2006 Biometrics Appt.

21 Oct 2006 EAD arrives in mail

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

09 Feb '07-received denial of AOS--#######??!! MTR filed--Interview-01 Aug 07

27 Sept '07-I-765 [#2] filed--14 Nov '07 Biomerics for I-765 [#2]

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

August 2009--Permanent Resident Card arrives!!!!

We are Finished with Immigration for 10 years!!!!

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Su esposo no puede quitar el nino, si el es el padre. Necesita encontrar un abogado que hable espanol para explicarse las leyes bien. El es responsable para su hijo como Ud.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Concuerdo con lo que dijeron sobre el buscar ayuda en tu iglesia o con el pediatra del niño. Pero como han sugerido algunas personas, tb. es posible que el problema es más una depresión posparto o causada por el traslado a un país desconocido en que no sabes el idioma. En cualquier caso, sea consejería matrimonial o consejos jurídicos lo que necesitas, esos sitios deberían poder ayudarle.

It's weird... her profile says she's Venezuelan, but her Spanish is just like she learned it as a second language. She does not speak Spanish, at least not fluently... it might be just a bluff or however you can call that. IMO!

Interesting....

Actually, my son, who speaks pretty fluent Spanish (Spain Spanish, not Mexican Spanish) thought it was Catalan Spanish...

Wonder why he doesn't know that Spanish and Catalan are two entirely different languages, then? They're no more the same language than Spanish and Italian are. Actually, Italian is more similar to Spanish than Catalan is.

I translate letters from people who are uneducated in Spanish (even though it's their native language) all the time, and there's something a tad off about this post, but I'm willing to go so far as to say she's not a native speaker. It could be a lack of familiarity with expressing herself over the Internet, for example. But I do feel there are some weird structures--uneducated Spanish tends to have a lot of spelling errors and run-ons, but read out loud, makes perfect sense. This is a bit choppy, yet perfectly spelled.

Edited by sparkofcreation

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Concuerdo con lo que dijeron sobre el buscar ayuda en tu iglesia o con el pediatra del niño. Pero como han sugerido algunas personas, tb. es posible que el problema es más una depresión posparto o causada por el traslado a un país desconocido en que no sabes el idioma. En cualquier caso, sea consejería matrimonial o consejos jurídicos lo que necesitas, esos sitios deberían poder ayudarle.

Interesting....

Wonder why he doesn't know that Spanish and Catalan are two entirely different languages, then? They're no more the same language than Spanish and Italian are. Actually, Italian is more similar to Spanish than Catalan is.

I translate letters from people who are uneducated in Spanish (even though it's their native language) all the time, and there's something a tad off about this post, but I'm willing to go so far as to say she's not a native speaker. It could be a lack of familiarity with expressing herself over the Internet, for example. But I do feel there are some weird structures--uneducated Spanish tends to have a lot of spelling errors and run-ons, but read out loud, makes perfect sense. This is a bit choppy, yet perfectly spelled.

Sorry, Catalan is not THAT different... I think they share the same rank, LOL.

And if you read it loud (knowing the language pretty well) you may understand perfectly what she means, but it is not first language, for sure. Starting with something so simple as "quitar" used as if it was "to quit", they are totally false cognates. I know a lot of Hispanics who have lived for a long time in the US are using verbs like "to quit" (quitar) and "to apply" (aplicar, like for a job), but this isn't supposed to be one, my guess. It could be someone who was already an immigrant in Venezuela (since it appears as the OP country). It's weird, right?

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If she's locked in the house with no internet, when did she post this?

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hmmmm.... :unsure: Maybe the husband was the one who wrote by using a web translator to get the information as it was for her LOL

Spanish is my first language and this looks weird to me. Or maybe she was in a hurry? Because, if she has no internet, how she posted here? :whistle:

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Interesting....

Sorry, Catalan is not THAT different... I think they share the same rank, LOL.

And if you read it loud (knowing the language pretty well) you may understand perfectly what she means, but it is not first language, for sure. Starting with something so simple as "quitar" used as if it was "to quit", they are totally false cognates. I know a lot of Hispanics who have lived for a long time in the US are using verbs like "to quit" (quitar) and "to apply" (aplicar, like for a job), but this isn't supposed to be one, my guess. It could be someone who was already an immigrant in Venezuela (since it appears as the OP country). It's weird, right?

Where did she use "quitar" to mean "to quit"? I only see it used in "va (a) quitar el hijo", "is going to take away my son," which is certainly something I've heard over and over from Spanish-speaking victims of domestic violence who are afraid to leave because "dice que me va a quitar el niño". "To take something away" is the primary meaning of "quitar", and "to quit" wouldn't even make sense there. You can't say "he says he is going to quit my son."

Okay, I was wrong: Catalan is more similar to Spanish than Italian is, but less similar than Portuguese is. (89% similarity with Portuguese, 85% with Catalan, and 82% with Italian.) But thpse are still four separate languages! The official languages of Spain are Spanish, Catalan, Galego, and Basque. And if you think those last three are dialects of Spanish, obviously you've never heard any of them.

Edited by sparkofcreation

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

In Puerto Rico, we use "quitar" also the way she used it.

As she said, "Me va a quitar en niño" (He'll take the baby way from me)

"Me voy a quitar los zapatos" (I am going to take my shoes off)

Just my $0.02 LOL :lol:

Edited by Sol-de-Verano

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

:blink:

Maybe she is just a woman needing help...

Why her language and how she posted here is so important?

Visa Approved!

Removal of Conditions

21/03 - VSC Received it

24/03 - NOA 1

27/03 - Check Cashed

08/04 - Biometrics received

July 8th - Approved

"Do you think who made the ears wont listen to you? Do you think who made the eyes, wont see? God is always watching you and listening to you"

988_d85d41946422f5b8fb58899bbfd0ba87_prod.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.