Pantera Negra

DCF in Mexico... CD Juarez?

20 posts in this topic

Ok great information. Would I be able to use my parent's address in Chicago as my dominicile? That is yhe last place where I lived before moving down here and all of my mail/ bills get sent there. As far as the affidavit of support, can personal savings/ assets count toward that? I have savings, but how much is enough? Also, about moving back to Chicago, I work as a speech therapist in Chicago. Everytime I go back to Chicago to visit, I work a few days in a rehab facility as a PRN therapist, as needed. I am not sure if I will be working there full time going back to Chicago, but can I use that as proof of returning to a job? Or would I need a sponsor? Hope this isn't confusing.

Thanks,

Mary

Hi Mary,

Yes, your parents' address would work as domicile. Mail, bills, statements, driver's license, etc with that address will work as evidence of your domicile there. Evidence of your on-going part-time work would certainly help to demonstrate domicile as well, but as for support, you need to check if it meets the income requirements. The I-864 instructions explain everything about how much income or assets you need to be the sole sponsor your husband or if you will need a joint sponsor. Here's a link to the instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

I found these topics/threads with cover letters for evidence of domicile really helpful:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/286090-letter-in-support-of-i-864-domicile-requirement/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/239678-sample-letter-for-explaining-domicile-in-us/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/386421-nvc-filers-september-2012/

My husband actually has his interview on Wednesday in Juarez, so I'll be able to tell you more about what works/doesn't work after we get his results! I'm happy to answer any other questions you have in this process... :)

Jane

August 2008 - met when we were both living in England

February 2009 - began dating

May 28, 2011 - got engaged

August 5, 2011 - got married (in England)

September 29, 2011 - moved to Mexico

VISA PROCESS:

December 3, 2012 - sent I-130 to Mexico City (DCF)

December 6, 2012 - I-130 approved

December 14, 2012 - NVC case number assigned and instruction letter sent from Juarez Consulate but we NEVER received it

March 4, 2013 - called to check about our case and received our NVC case number and Invoice number

March 9, 2013 - submitted DS-260 online

April 17, 2013 - interview date - visa approved!!!

July 11, 2013 - POE: entered US through Dallas, TX

July 22, 2013 - Social Security Card delivered

August 22, 2013 - Green Card delivered

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey everyone, recently married and thinking of moving to the states and would have to petition my husband; I'm a US born citizen but have been living in Mexico for many years now and 10 years ago became Naturalized MX Citizen, since I obviously don't need an FM2 or FM3 given that I have dual citizenship now, would this be a problem if I go the DCF route?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I thought Mexico asked foreign nationals to renounce to their citizenship to become Mexican.

Anyway, I am Mexican and my husband is American. We live in Saltillo, Coahuila. It is in the north. We got married in Mexico, and filed the I-130 in Monterrey consulate. We went to the consulate with the papers (not mail anything) and they approved it in less than a week.

Then Monterrey consulate sent to Ciudad Juarez consulate the info of our process and latter sent us a letter with the steps to follow.

We haven't schedule the interview yet.

So I'd day, try and file the I-130 in your closest consulate. Here are the list of Consulates in Mexico: http://mexico.usembassy.gov/eng/edirectory.html

Check the website of the one closest to you and email them asking if you can file the I-130 there.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, thanks for the reply. No, double citizenship is valid in both countries, you need not resign to your US if you become naturalized in Mexico. Will try filing anyways, or do you guys suggest I see an attorney?

By the way, here's a link that says you don't resign your US citizenship. It's for americans born to mexican parents for the same principle should apply in any situation.

http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/sanantonio/index.php/doble-nacionalidad

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for the link. In case our kids are born in USA, we will do that to get them the Mexican citizenship.

I was told that my husband had to renounce his American citizenship to become Mexican. That's why I mentioned it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.