startrack

US Embassy Expedite DCF Procedures

7 posts in this topic

My wife has just had 2 expedited petitions approved via USCIS and NVC. The only thing we were able to pay in between the process so far is the AOS Fee of $88. We have not turned in Packet 1, 2 or 3 yet. The petition is on it's way to the US Embassy in Singapore. We have completed the medical examination/immunization, police reports, and have all documentation, both official and certified copies. My wife and I have roughly 45-60 days to obtain her visa before we are schedule to leave Singapore back to the U.S. Can someone explain the timeframe and procedure(s) once it makes it to the Embassy until we receive the visa? Thank You.

• 10 months later...

My wife has just had 2 expedited petitions approved via USCIS and NVC. The only thing we were able to pay in between the process so far is the AOS Fee of $88. We have not turned in Packet 1, 2 or 3 yet. The petition is on it's way to the US Embassy in Singapore. We have completed the medical examination/immunization, police reports, and have all documentation, both official and certified copies. My wife and I have roughly 45-60 days to obtain her visa before we are schedule to leave Singapore back to the U.S. Can someone explain the timeframe and procedure(s) once it makes it to the Embassy until we receive the visa? Thank You.

Hello, how do you apply for DCF in Singapore? I want to apply for my wife and children. I'm thinking of going with the line that the children are very young and parting with them will be very hard on everyone? Will I find a sympathetic ear?

I'm a Singapore permanent resident an my wife and kids are Singaporean (I'm the USC).

Edited by yairzick

yalrzick,

Regarding the DCF, you will have to have an extreme circumstance. In my case I was overseas for 3 years as a DoD

Civilian in Singapore. My reason for DCF was it would be an extreme burden financially both to my wife and I if she did not get her visa in time before our PCS back CONUS as well as the U.S. Government. I typed a letter, along with my gov't orders and contacted USCIS, military line and they escalated my request to a level II tech who in return asked me to fax the letter to a POC at in Laguna Niguel, California.

Within a month things went by very quickly and 2 months later after biometics, interview and physical my wife received her green card from the US Embassy in SIngapore. We started the process in August 2012 and received the green card in April 2013,1 month before our PCS date. It took a lot of work I was up every night calling USCIS and Dept of State for 8 months and taking off of work a total of a week with the physical, biometrics, notaries and interview. Along with that about $200 in shipping fees back to CONUS for verious paperwork submissions. A total of about $1500 for the whole process.

Another thing was my wife was pregnant att the time and we stated that in the request as well.

In your case you may have a chance. The thing is you have to go through USCIS and expedite, the US Embassy in Singapore does not handle CR-1 only by case by case. Your statement needs to be solid and referenced. Send as

much documentation as you can, give dates, names and your financial situation. VJ is a pretty good site this site helped my wife get her green card and saved a lot of time. Your family will be okay the best thing to do is start the process as early as possible and stay on it everyday until the green card process is done. Another thing your family has to enter to US

6 months after the medical examination, once you enter you have to stay 2 years before the PR green card is issued.

When you enter initially 30 days after they will mail you a CR-1 green card. After the 2 years you must file a change of status to PR. Within the 2 years you are allowed to leave the US but must stay in the US more than the country you are transiting to. Another option is if you need to go back to Singapore they do allow you to leave and maintain residency in the US up to 2 years but they is a form you have to fill out and biometics and your spouse will have to stay in the US until at least the biometrics are completed then they can go back to SIngapore and receive the 2 year waiver at the US Embassy in SIngapore.

I wanted to give you as much info as needed cause even after the green card, circumstances arise and this information will see you thru it.

Hope this helps

yalrzick,

Regarding the DCF, you will have to have an extreme circumstance. In my case I was overseas for 3 years as a DoD

Civilian in Singapore. My reason for DCF was it would be an extreme burden financially both to my wife and I if she did not get her visa in time before our PCS back CONUS as well as the U.S. Government. I typed a letter, along with my gov't orders and contacted USCIS, military line and they escalated my request to a level II tech who in return asked me to fax the letter to a POC at in Laguna Niguel, California.

Within a month things went by very quickly and 2 months later after biometics, interview and physical my wife received her green card from the US Embassy in SIngapore. We started the process in August 2012 and received the green card in April 2013,1 month before our PCS date. It took a lot of work I was up every night calling USCIS and Dept of State for 8 months and taking off of work a total of a week with the physical, biometrics, notaries and interview. Along with that about $200 in shipping fees back to CONUS for verious paperwork submissions. A total of about $1500 for the whole process.

Another thing was my wife was pregnant att the time and we stated that in the request as well.

In your case you may have a chance. The thing is you have to go through USCIS and expedite, the US Embassy in Singapore does not handle CR-1 only by case by case. Your statement needs to be solid and referenced. Send as

much documentation as you can, give dates, names and your financial situation. VJ is a pretty good site this site helped my wife get her green card and saved a lot of time. Your family will be okay the best thing to do is start the process as early as possible and stay on it everyday until the green card process is done. Another thing your family has to enter to US

6 months after the medical examination, once you enter you have to stay 2 years before the PR green card is issued.

When you enter initially 30 days after they will mail you a CR-1 green card. After the 2 years you must file a change of status to PR. Within the 2 years you are allowed to leave the US but must stay in the US more than the country you are transiting to. Another option is if you need to go back to Singapore they do allow you to leave and maintain residency in the US up to 2 years but they is a form you have to fill out and biometics and your spouse will have to stay in the US until at least the biometrics are completed then they can go back to SIngapore and receive the 2 year waiver at the US Embassy in SIngapore.

I wanted to give you as much info as needed cause even after the green card, circumstances arise and this information will see you thru it.

Hope this helps

Thanks! We applied for a DCF yesterday, hope to hear from them soon, so that we could get this mess moving. I hope that having two very young children qualifies us... Here goes nothing :)

Filed: Timeline

Thanks! We applied for a DCF yesterday, hope to hear from them soon, so that we could get this mess moving. I hope that having two very young children qualifies us... Here goes nothing smile.png

Just don't pin a lot of hope on this -- it is unlikely to be approved for DCF; if children (even young ones) were a reason to approve DCF, a HUGE number would apply for the exception to no DCF filing where there's no USCIS office..

But, while it's being decided, you have time to gather all the support info needed and have the I-130 ready to send immediately to the lockbox.

Hope all works out well for you.

Just don't pin a lot of hope on this -- it is unlikely to be approved for DCF; if children (even young ones) were a reason to approve DCF, a HUGE number would apply for the exception to no DCF filing where there's no USCIS office..

But, while it's being decided, you have time to gather all the support info needed and have the I-130 ready to send immediately to the lockbox.

Hope all works out well for you.

Well, good news! We got approved for DCF. I got a phone confirmation on Monday, and a formal reply today. For the sake of future petitioners: we said that we have two boys aged 1 and 2.5 years old, and that it will be very hard for my wife to take care of them alone, since we have no family support in Singapore. Moreover, our elder son has asthma and would not do well in the Singapore smog (which usually appears some time in June-July). We attached a letter from his doctor detailing his condition and medical history, as well as the usual stuff (copies of passports, birth certs, personal IDs, marriage cert...). Here's to more good news along the way and a happy new year!

Well, good news! We got approved for DCF. I got a phone confirmation on Monday, and a formal reply today. For the sake of future petitioners: we said that we have two boys aged 1 and 2.5 years old, and that it will be very hard for my wife to take care of them alone, since we have no family support in Singapore. Moreover, our elder son has asthma and would not do well in the Singapore smog (which usually appears some time in June-July). We attached a letter from his doctor detailing his condition and medical history, as well as the usual stuff (copies of passports, birth certs, personal IDs, marriage cert...). Here's to more good news along the way and a happy new year!

Good job! Very valuable information, too, so thank you for returning and sharing. I expect the Doctor's note did a lot.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.