SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I left for the beach on Friday morning and just got back last night. That gave him three nights to use all my toilet paper, dirty my sink/mirror with toothpaste, clog my shower with hair (I'm assuming his girlfriend visited, too, which is even more obnoxious), leave talcum powder all over the floor, rip my bedsheet (which he covered with another sheet so we wouldn't see it right away), and leave his ####### all over the place. I'm locking the door the next time I leave the house.

May be they had to use the talcum to cover up something else that was on the floor? :P

So my supervisor called me today and informed me that I have to leave TOMORROW for Alabama. Yep, thanks for the heads up, not like I had interviews or anything. ranting33va.gif

Also he currently is in possession of my company credit card and he sent my laptop back to HQ. Genius.

Also, ready to send it all my paperwork to NVC. Not sure how that's gonna happen now that I'll be in Alabama for God knows how long.

I also informed him about my husband's upcoming visa interview and how I MUST be with him. (I know its not mandatory but I really need to be at that interview with him). He told me "yeah we'll see". I'm like no man we can't "see" I have to go! Being on call is not humane, seriously who can survive on a schedule like this???

I have an interview in 30 minutes. Dear potential future company, please hire me!!!

Good Luck !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dear potential future company, please hire me!!!

Amen and I am in same boat. I have another phone interview tomorrow and my phone is off :blink:. Yay anyone need an experienced QA Analyst.

I could rant about the IT world and unemployment and H1B and companies unfair practice. Oh wait I think I just did.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Amen and I am in same boat. I have another phone interview tomorrow and my phone is off :blink:. Yay anyone need an experienced QA Analyst.

I could rant about the IT world and unemployment and H1B and companies unfair practice. Oh wait I think I just did.

What about H1B? (Curiosity on my part)

I'm still sick with a sore throat 3+ weeks later. Yuck. I hate this whatever it is - flu? post nasal drip?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

So my supervisor called me today and informed me that I have to leave TOMORROW for Alabama. Yep, thanks for the heads up, not like I had interviews or anything. ranting33va.gif

Also he currently is in possession of my company credit card and he sent my laptop back to HQ. Genius.

Also, ready to send it all my paperwork to NVC. Not sure how that's gonna happen now that I'll be in Alabama for God knows how long.

I also informed him about my husband's upcoming visa interview and how I MUST be with him. (I know its not mandatory but I really need to be at that interview with him). He told me "yeah we'll see". I'm like no man we can't "see" I have to go! Being on call is not humane, seriously who can survive on a schedule like this???

I have an interview in 30 minutes. Dear potential future company, please hire me!!!

Good luck with the interview!

I can so relate to your boss. One of the former owners where I work was like that. He'd without a single word schedule a trip and have someone else book a flight, hotel and car, literally leaving the same day at times. There were times this was done, and half a dozen people knew I was traveling hours before I did. Plus person booking flights was constantly searching out the cheapest tourist fare. No, I do not want to catch a flight at 4:00 am when I need to leave for the airport at 1:00 am to catch it so you can save $20. Oh and by the way, that 3 hop flight to save you $100 took me 12 hours as opposed 4 hours, which cost the company significantly more than that. You also run my pay checks, didn't you notice how much I'm paid, particularly on over time rates? And while we're at it, buying a nonrefundable ticket in this business is not too bright. Look at the track record, yes salesman can come and go on a fixed schedule because they can have fixed meetings for fixed times. Engineers troubleshooting a machine have no idea how long it will take. Could be someone wasn't bright enough to replace to a fuse, could be some item has failed that may take a few days to obtain. No I can't tell you what that item is ahead of time so we can ship it, if we could I wouldn't need to fly there personally.

BTW, I hope you can call your boss back and say send someone else down, I just quit.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Wishes from here, too, si man.
I can so relate to your boss. One of the former owners where I work was like that. He'd without a single word schedule a trip and have someone else book a flight, hotel and car, literally leaving the same day at times. There were times this was done, and half a dozen people knew I was traveling hours before I did. Plus person booking flights was constantly searching out the cheapest tourist fare. No, I do not want to catch a flight at 4:00 am when I need to leave for the airport at 1:00 am to catch it so you can save $20. Oh and by the way, that 3 hop flight to save you $100 took me 12 hours as opposed 4 hours, which cost the company significantly more than that. You also run my pay checks, didn't you notice how much I'm paid, particularly on over time rates? And while we're at it, buying a nonrefundable ticket in this business is not too bright. Look at the track record, yes salesman can come and go on a fixed schedule because they can have fixed meetings for fixed times. Engineers troubleshooting a machine have no idea how long it will take. Could be someone wasn't bright enough to replace to a fuse, could be some item has failed that may take a few days to obtain. No I can't tell you what that item is ahead of time so we can ship it, if we could I wouldn't need to fly there personally.
Excellent rant, si man, and VERY well-stated.
BTW, I hope you can call your boss back and say send someone else down, I just quit.
We are the chorus, and we agree. We agree, we agree, we agree, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

What about H1B? (Curiosity on my part)

I'm still sick with a sore throat 3+ weeks later. Yuck. I hate this whatever it is - flu? post nasal drip?

Basically screwing over tech workers in this country using the H1B visa.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/02/silicon-valley-h1b-visas-hurt-tech-workers

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/02/silicon-valley-h1b-visas-hurt-tech-workers

That is pretty awful. I've long wondered why we are importing workers when we have so much unemployment. It is just ludicrous.

3/26/18 Biometrics

That is pretty awful. I've long wondered why we are importing workers when we have so much unemployment. It is just ludicrous.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Excellent rant, si man, and VERY well-stated.

Thank you, I've rehearsed it in my head many times but never written it out. It got so much nicer here when he retired.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

http://www.motherjon...rt-tech-workers

Oh hallelujah someone knows what I am talking about.

I become a contractor in 2009 after long employment. With us see no benefits and I guess companies don't have to adhere to the law that they have exhausted all resources to find a qualified US Citizen.

I have even been told although they would love to keep me on or renew my contract the H1B person's Visa's is about to expire or they are going to be deported and well you are a citizen so shouldn't be an issue. ummm yes it will if you and ever other company try to circumvent the system.

I have yet to be on a project with other citizens. I was on one project in 2010 where they literally were flying in technies every monday for the project there were 41 and me. Everyone thought it was so funny. No one would speak english in frony of me and guess who was first to be let go.

I just don't get it at all.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Wow, they're penny-pinching twins!

Just this past December I was called to do an assignment (habitat assessment) in some rural part of Missouri. We had the option to fly to St. Louis and pick up a rental truck to drive to our final destination. Well my boss thought otherwise. Since there were no direct flights to St. Louis from Pittsburgh, we would have had to charge a full day anyway for travel. So he calculated the cost and determined he could save some dough by having us DRIVE. Yep, that's right. It took us 15 hours all for him to save the company $50. No matter that we arrived in the wee hours of the morning and we needed to get up early to be briefed on the protocols and undergo training.

Rant: My interview was re-scheduled until tomorrow. Apparently they forgot that I was on the schedule today.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Oh hallelujah someone knows what I am talking about.

I become a contractor in 2009 after long employment. With us see no benefits and I guess companies don't have to adhere to the law that they have exhausted all resources to find a qualified US Citizen.

I have even been told although they would love to keep me on or renew my contract the H1B person's Visa's is about to expire or they are going to be deported and well you are a citizen so shouldn't be an issue. ummm yes it will if you and ever other company try to circumvent the system.

I have yet to be on a project with other citizens. I was on one project in 2010 where they literally were flying in technies every monday for the project there were 41 and me. Everyone thought it was so funny. No one would speak english in frony of me and guess who was first to be let go.

I just don't get it at all.

I know exactly what you are talking about. This is a common practice in the IT industry especially when the supervisor is an immigrant themselves. They will advertise a job to supposedly adhere to the law that they must try to find a U.S. citizen or permanent resident first. However they post the jobs at extremely reduced salaries that no one at that experience level will take it. They also accept resumes but allow them to collect dust on their desks. Meanwhile they had their cousin in New Delhi in mind for the job the whole time.

I am fortunate so far in that the immigrant work force hasn't displaced my field yet. Most foreigners who go for biology degrees choose to go into medicine or research instead of wildlife biology/environmental science. Also companies are strongly in favor of local candidates for various reasons including having detailed knowledge of the plant life and wildlife of the area and having specific licenses for the state or locality. This is something that comes from years of experience and cannot be filled by a foreign worker. For instance, in order to be a qualified Indiana bat surveyor, you must have at least 5 years experience working under another qualified surveyor. 5 years isn't enough to get on the list either. The applicant must go through a rigorous process issued by the state agencies and the US fish and wildlife. I'm in line to get on the list to be a qualified mussel surveyor but I need at least 2 more field seasons to even meet the minimum qualifications.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

I know exactly what you are talking about. This is a common practice in the IT industry especially when the supervisor is an immigrant themselves. They will advertise a job to supposedly adhere to the law that they must try to find a U.S. citizen or permanent resident first. However they post the jobs at extremely reduced salaries that no one at that experience level will take it. They also accept resumes but allow them to collect dust on their desks. Meanwhile they had their cousin in New Delhi in mind for the job the whole time.

I am fortunate so far in that the immigrant work force hasn't displaced my field yet. Most foreigners who go for biology degrees choose to go into medicine or research instead of wildlife biology/environmental science. Also companies are strongly in favor of local candidates for various reasons including having detailed knowledge of the plant life and wildlife of the area and having specific licenses for the state or locality. This is something that comes from years of experience and cannot be filled by a foreign worker. For instance, in order to be a qualified Indiana bat surveyor, you must have at least 5 years experience working under another qualified surveyor. 5 years isn't enough to get on the list either. The applicant must go through a rigorous process issued by the state agencies and the US fish and wildlife. I'm in line to get on the list to be a qualified mussel surveyor but I need at least 2 more field seasons to even meet the minimum qualifications.

Good to be in area where its hard to replace you. I'm in a similar situation. Not many people can design the control systems for machines. Many try, most wash out and fail, its just not something you can teach. You can teach everything a person needs to know to design a machine, but it takes a certain way of thinking that not everyone has. The thing that concerns me in this industry though is, it used to be 80% of everything we designed and built stayed in the USA or Canada. Now at least 80 percent leaves the country. Its gotten so keeping it on the Mexican side of the border is win.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

May be they had to use the talcum to cover up something else that was on the floor? :P

Ew, jeez, I hope not. :wacko:

Also, instead of being super hot, it's now turned into torrential downpours. It hasn't stopped raining since Sunday! Which also means doing laundry is impossible. :mellow: Have you ever gotten to that point where you have no clean clothes and are forced to wear your bathing suit? I'm almost there. <_<

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Ew, jeez, I hope not. :wacko:

Also, instead of being super hot, it's now turned into torrential downpours. It hasn't stopped raining since Sunday! Which also means doing laundry is impossible. :mellow: Have you ever gotten to that point where you have no clean clothes and are forced to wear your bathing suit? I'm almost there. <_<

Just spray it with Febreeze and move on. :unsure:

3/26/18 Biometrics