SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Rant: My stove only works when it wants. Really annoying when I go back in 30 mins and am like, ####### this water shoulda boiled by now!ranting33va.gif

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Rant: going away for the weekend and coming home to find your bedroom a freaking mess when you left it spotless. Just love when my BIL treats our room like it's an open pantry. :bonk:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Rant: going away for the weekend and coming home to find your bedroom a freaking mess when you left it spotless. Just love when my BIL treats our room like it's an open pantry. :bonk:

I'd be pissed. Stay out of my bedroom!!!

There's a funny thread in the k1 forum. All I can think is "maybe she doesn't talk to you anymore because you want to k1 with another person..." or has this process made me too negative?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I've just decided that Cracker Barrel needs to open a restaurant in southern denverish... I don't want to drive to Colorado Springs every time I want to eat out for breakfast. LOL tongue_ss.gif

Timeline

I'd be pissed. Stay out of my bedroom!!!

There's a funny thread in the k1 forum. All I can think is "maybe she doesn't talk to you anymore because you want to k1 with another person..." or has this process made me too negative?

I think the most annoying part is that he leaves his things in here, like his shoes and his razor. I threw it all onto the living room floor. Hopefully he'll get the hint. :whistle:

What's the thread about? I find myself being more negative, though that might be unfair... It's just annoying how dumb people can be sometimes. :blink:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I think the most annoying part is that he leaves his things in here, like his shoes and his razor. I threw it all onto the living room floor. Hopefully he'll get the hint. :whistle:

What's the thread about? I find myself being more negative, though that might be unfair... It's just annoying how dumb people can be sometimes. :blink:

ah looks whos back..........

May be your BIL wants to give you his shoes, like he gave you the sneakers. And may be you need a shave, so he gave you his razor too. a gesture :) of generosity

Rant: My stove only works when it wants. Really annoying when I go back in 30 mins and am like, ####### this water shoulda boiled by now!ranting33va.gif

Don't you sell stoves? Go get a new one eh? :D

Don't you sell stoves? Go get a new one eh? :D

ROFL!! No we don't sell stoves. We're not like Lowes or Home Depot.

And why would I buy a stove for a rental apartment????

Timeline

ROFL!! No we don't sell stoves. We're not like Lowes or Home Depot.

And why would I buy a stove for a rental apartment????

How bout like one of these..........I have one and love it.

Proctor_Silex_K2070_1_Liter_White_Electric_Kettle.jpg

Timeline

lawl i have one... I use it to make coffee with this:

howtofrenchpress.jpg

I've seen these.....they make a great cup of java. But I'm too lazy to use one.

I always planned that if I'm well off enough to hire a house staff. Some of the rules would be, coffee ready at 7 AM. And dinner ready at 7 PM :)

Timeline

ah looks whos back..........

May be your BIL wants to give you his shoes, like he gave you the sneakers. And may be you need a shave, so he gave you his razor too. a gesture :) of generosity

I left for the beach on Friday morning and just got back last night. That gave him three nights to use all my toilet paper, dirty my sink/mirror with toothpaste, clog my shower with hair (I'm assuming his girlfriend visited, too, which is even more obnoxious), leave talcum powder all over the floor, rip my bedsheet (which he covered with another sheet so we wouldn't see it right away), and leave his ####### all over the place. I'm locking the door the next time I leave the house.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Rant: VJ members of not even 3 weeks who have it alllllllllll figured out, see man. Gosh, but we should all rely on their omniscience!

Non-, or anti-, or former rant: I up-grew in Iowa but have lived in coastal Texas for 22+ years, and if I never see another snowflake in my life, I won't care, no man.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

So my supervisor called me today and informed me that I have to leave TOMORROW for Alabama. Yep, thanks for the heads up, not like I had interviews or anything. ranting33va.gif

Also he currently is in possession of my company credit card and he sent my laptop back to HQ. Genius.

Also, ready to send it all my paperwork to NVC. Not sure how that's gonna happen now that I'll be in Alabama for God knows how long.

I also informed him about my husband's upcoming visa interview and how I MUST be with him. (I know its not mandatory but I really need to be at that interview with him). He told me "yeah we'll see". I'm like no man we can't "see" I have to go! Being on call is not humane, seriously who can survive on a schedule like this???

I have an interview in 30 minutes. Dear potential future company, please hire me!!!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png