SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Do it. :P

Actually as of 30 minutes ago we have everything except that stupid I-864 (I already have the tax transcripts).

Maybe we can politely suggest the embassy hold off an interview until after our medical.

I saw someone recently say they went for interview before medical and were told to reschedule.

I'm so jelly of you, Nola

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I saw someone recently say they went for interview before medical and were told to reschedule.

I'm so jelly of you, Nola

In the paperwork for Stockholm it says "preferably before" and I know they've waited on at least one other person. Frankly we need the 2+ weeks to find a way to get up there and wait for that one last piece of paperwork. It is about a 9-10 hour drive and I'm bouncing back and forth between the train and renting a car. IMO, it is a little bit of a PITA to have to go to another country for an interview, but I know the Canadians have to travel further so it sucks worse for them.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

In the paperwork for Stockholm it says "preferably before" and I know they've waited on at least one other person. Frankly we need the 2+ weeks to find a way to get up there and wait for that one last piece of paperwork. It is about a 9-10 hour drive and I'm bouncing back and forth between the train and renting a car. IMO, it is a little bit of a PITA to have to go to another country for an interview, but I know the Canadians have to travel further so it sucks worse for them.

wow.....that does suck. But think of the people in a large country that has to travel for days, with a poor transportation system. Just to get to get to a train that'll take them to a consulate...

Edited by SteveAndTiff

I want coffee and I blame a certain someone posting in this thread /rant over

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Cost of the train to Montreal from Alberta would only be undertaken by the rich, who prolly would just fly 1st class anyhow. Lol

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, I always try to remember that when I grumble about my 7 hour drive lol

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

wow.....that does suck. But think of the people in a large country that has to travel for days, with a poor transportation system. Just to get to get to a train that'll take them to a consulate...

First world problems?

I'll ###### about them.

:rofl:

I actually though my husband might want to go alone to get a day or two of quiet, but he actually likes living in the zoo. Who knew?

:wacko:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Cost of the train to Montreal from Alberta would only be undertaken by the rich, who prolly would just fly 1st class anyhow. Lol

When I said train. I was envisioning a train in India like the one seen in "Slum Dog Millionaire" lol.......

Timeline

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/tsa_guys_hard_on_sex_toys_LIdN6pcRW2zBvBfVnvEHvI

TSA is cracking down. May be I should leave the gag-balls at home when I travel. Whatcha guys think?