SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Bedroom alarm went off awhile ago. Ran out of the house without shoes waiting for ADT to call me. They never did. I had to go back inside, grab the biggest knife I own and insect the premises myself. #### you immigration, you will never know what that is like. To assume you're about to be featured on the new Criminal Minds or raped and left for dead...feels good bros. Feels good.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Bedroom alarm went off awhile ago. Ran out of the house without shoes waiting for ADT to call me. They never did. I had to go back inside, grab the biggest knife I own and insect the premises myself. #### you immigration, you will never know what that is like. To assume you're about to be featured on the new Criminal Minds or raped and left for dead...feels good bros. Feels good.

I'm gonna use proper English to address you so you shall feel more at home...

I say ole lass, you best be calling the Scortlind Yord.......

I'm gonna use proper English to address you so you shall feel more at home...

I say ole lass, you best be calling the Scortlind Yord.......

But I'm American and expect the service I pay for to call me when this ####### happens. Alarms are not a joke where I live; especially since I'm a tiny white chick living alone.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

But I'm American and expect the service I pay for to call me when this ####### happens. Alarms are not a joke where I live; especially since I'm a tiny white chick living alone.

I have ADT, and they always call me when my alarm goes off. But you said you ran outside. They always call the house phone first. (And of course no one is home) Then they call my cell. Did you take your cell phone with you?

And who told you to be a tiny white chick living alone? You shoulda found a 6 ft 6 Dane like Nola did.........

Oh Cary is right by you, get him to come over with his shotgun to clear your house.

I have ADT, and they always call me when my alarm goes off. But you said you ran outside. They always call the house phone first. (And of course no one is home) Then they call my cell. Did you take your cell phone with you?

And who told you to be a tiny white chick living alone? You shoulda found a 6 ft 6 Dane like Nola did.........

Oh Cary is right by you, get him to come over with his shotgun to clear your house.

They said they called me, but my response was stupid.

I heard the alarm go off. I went to the panel. It started screaming bedroom at me. I was cooking in the oven at the time, so I left it on, ran out the back door...realized it was going to make me disarms it from "stay" mode, and I did with my remote alarm. So essentially I reset it myself. I never received a call though, and had to dig through my papers to find the right number. She said someone could have knocked, a dog could have barked or the wind was too high. The later two are not an issue, so here I am.

Does Caryh have a shotgun, because i was ready to call the police. I've never been so close to crying and peeing at the same time.

Timeline

OK, is your system fairly new and you're not used to it?

You had your alarm on, but do you have motion sensors? did you have them turned off?

Also, the newer alarm systems are integrated with your smoke/ co2 alarms. is that your case? you were cooking.

in my house, when the alarm goes off, if the code is entered, and the "cancel" switch is pressed. ADT will not call.

You also have remote controls, was one of them pressed by accident?

OK, is your system fairly new and you're not used to it?

You had your alarm on, but do you have motion sensors? did you have them turned off?

Also, the newer alarm systems are integrated with your smoke/ co2 alarms. is that your case? you were cooking.

in my house, when the alarm goes off, if the code is entered, and the "cancel" switch is pressed. ADT will not call.

You also have remote controls, was one of them pressed by accident?

No, nothing like that. All my smoke/co2 detectors are separate. It was the bedroom glass break. I assume it was a hard door slam or something at the church next door, but I can't be too careful, as I live alone. It scared me :(

Timeline

No, nothing like that. All my smoke/co2 detectors are separate. It was the bedroom glass break. I assume it was a hard door slam or something at the church next door, but I can't be too careful, as I live alone. It scared me :(

oh ok. the shock sensors.

Timeline

and if you punch in the code alone to stop the alarm. ADT will call. But if you punch in the code AND press "Cancel", ADT will not call

may be the church next door is having a Friday night Beer and Bowl blast :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My evening Rant -

I really really hate it when people have nutzen with the alarmzenz...

To compensate, please to strip naked, make a snow angel in the snow, and make some yellow snow whilst there.

or duct-tape a pistol in the small of yer back.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

and if you punch in the code alone to stop the alarm. ADT will call. But if you punch in the code AND press "Cancel", ADT will not call

may be the church next door is having a Friday night Beer and Bowl blast :)

I do hope them catholics are getting down, but it scared me! Aiiiigoooo.

Rant:

"we want to be together fastest" and using that as the ONLY reason to take a visa path. C'mon people. EDUCATE YOURSELVES!!! headbonk.gif

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Rant:

"we want to be together fastest" and using that as the ONLY reason to take a visa path. C'mon people. EDUCATE YOURSELVES!!! headbonk.gif

Or the other frequent one.. how can I get a visa for my (insert relation here)??

I sometimes feel like replying with.. the regular way..by applying!

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Rant: Still over a month till I visit my Redneck Man...grrr!!!

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Rant, si man: City planners who hire consultants who recommend "improving traffic mobility" by building medians on otherwise-open thoroughfares -- and then the medians are built.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).