SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I feel much better now that I don't feel like I'm dying.

My throat like to just close for no good reason.

It's ridiculous.

May be some sort of undiscovered allergies?

I discovered in my late 20s that I was allergic to not peanuts, but the membrane that is around the peanut...it makes my throat close.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

May be some sort of undiscovered allergies?

I discovered in my late 20s that I was allergic to not peanuts, but the membrane that is around the peanut...it makes my throat close.

the only thing i could be found to be allergic to is breathing.

I haven't had anything to eat or drink.

Thanks for reminding me.

It was a rough morning.

/grabs breakfast

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Rant- I think some VJer(s) reported the Bizarre foods thread as being offensive. Well it's pretty offensive to me that they find other cultures staples and delicacies to be offensive.

I traveled half the world, and I love to explore local food stores all over to understand their culture.

There came and went many world travelers.

Everyone knows Marco Polo. Because of his open mind, admiration, acceptance, and respect of other cultures, and he reaped the benefits of it.

No one ever heard of Ibn Battuta. a Moroccan traveler of about the same period. Because he looked at the world in a different way. Exercising cultural chauvinism, he was critical of others. When in Canton, China he wrote (These people ate the flesh of swines.....).

You get the point.

Me= Marco Polo..... What are you? (you don't have to answer that for us)

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Timeline

My wife's sister is visiting us. so my sister in law and her husband are staying in my basement apartment. Everyday, my brother in law uses my keurig. Except this guy is retarded. He doesn't know how to use it and blindly presses every switch on the machine, thus messing up all my settings. This morning I wake up to find that my machine isn't on.

Then just now, he wakes up and comes to the loft just to stand right next to me sitting at my desk. And looks over my shoulder.....

####### is he doing? <sigh>

To add, he's one of those "close" talkers. And feels that he must stand/ sit right beside me all the time.....

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My wife's sister is visiting us. so my sister in law and her husband are staying in my basement apartment. Everyday, my brother in law uses my keurig. Except this guy is retarded. He doesn't know how to use it and blindly presses every switch on the machine, thus messing up all my settings. This morning I wake up to find that my machine isn't on.

Then just now, he wakes up and comes to the loft just to stand right next to me sitting at my desk. And looks over my shoulder.....

To add, he's one of those "close" talkers. And feels that he must stand/ sit right beside me all the time.....

Creepy.

My mother always leaves the K-cups in the machine and then makes herself coffee-tea by accident. When staying with her I always have to check the thing because she only uses the cups about 5% of the time and never once remembers to take them out. :angry:

I have nothing else to rant about. Life is good.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Put the pink polka dot towel in his bathroom.

I've got a perk coffee pot. I really really prefer perk coffee to drip coffee. I set everything up in the evening, then just plug it in when I wake up. For my first jolt though, I either have a cup of yesterday's coffee or instant coffee waiting in the microwave. I don't care what I'm drinking to get that first jolt, it could be caffeine pills in water, just give it to me NOW! Also waiting in the microwave is my wife's cup for her 3 in 1 coffee. Same stuff she drank in the Philippines. She has a single cup of coffee a day. I didn't know it was possible for a person to survive with just one cup, but she does.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Every time my husband tries to get documents for the NVC in India or anything else related to our visa process, they overcharge him! Sometimes triple the amount. WHY? Because they see that he's married to an American and surely that must mean that I am a millionaire driving down streets paved in gold! He went to FedEx some stuff to me yesterday and the dude overcharged him when they saw my name and my address. headbonk.gif

We are NOT rich! Get the hint! ranting33va.gif

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Every time my husband tries to get documents for the NVC in India or anything else related to our visa process, they overcharge him! Sometimes triple the amount. WHY? Because they see that he's married to an American and surely that must mean that I am a millionaire driving down streets paved in gold! He went to FedEx some stuff to me yesterday and the dude overcharged him when they saw my name and my address. headbonk.gif

Only Double? They need to take lessons from Filipinos. I sent some immigration documents to my wife in the Philippines via USPS international express mail, we had plenty of time as it was early in the process. Their post office charged her 5000 Piso to get them (about $120), they called it a customs fee. Customary blackmail is more like it! This was just paper and photographs, but they had opened it and saw it was immigration documents. My wife didn't dare to complain, because that could mean nothing ever got through via mail for her family. All further documents went Fedex. Cost more up front, but got there faster and Fedex wasn't currently charging blackmail fees. Although in the Philippines, they've been known to do the same thing.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

That sucks. At least he was able to get the other documents, right?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Only Double? They need to take lessons from Filipinos. I sent some immigration documents to my wife in the Philippines via USPS international express mail, we had plenty of time as it was early in the process. Their post office charged her 5000 Piso to get them (about $120), they called it a customs fee. Customary blackmail is more like it! This was just paper and photographs, but they had opened it and saw it was immigration documents. My wife didn't dare to complain, because that could mean nothing ever got through via mail for her family. All further documents went Fedex. Cost more up front, but got there faster and Fedex wasn't currently charging blackmail fees. Although in the Philippines, they've been known to do the same thing.

That's terrible....use carrier pigeon......

Timeline

Put the pink polka dot towel in his bathroom.

I've got a perk coffee pot. I really really prefer perk coffee to drip coffee. I set everything up in the evening, then just plug it in when I wake up. For my first jolt though, I either have a cup of yesterday's coffee or instant coffee waiting in the microwave. I don't care what I'm drinking to get that first jolt, it could be caffeine pills in water, just give it to me NOW! Also waiting in the microwave is my wife's cup for her 3 in 1 coffee. Same stuff she drank in the Philippines. She has a single cup of coffee a day. I didn't know it was possible for a person to survive with just one cup, but she does.

There has been no sightings of the PPD towel. I will go send out a 1 man search party for it in a bit.

My wife drinks this instant Malaysian pulled tea mix, it's really good.....something like this..... I use it on the boat, it's really portable and easy to make on those cold windy Autumn days out fishing...

p1010319.jpg

I have nothing else to rant about. Life is good.

May your desert oasis deteriorate into a camel-less wasteland........

Rant- I think some VJer(s) reported the Bizarre foods thread as being offensive. Well it's pretty offensive to me that they find other cultures staples and delicacies to be offensive.

I traveled half the world, and I love to explore local food stores all over to understand their culture.

There came and went many world travelers.

Everyone knows Marco Polo. Because of his open mind, admiration, acceptance, and respect of other cultures, and he reaped the benefits of it.

No one ever heard of Ibn Battuta. a Moroccan traveler of about the same period. Because he looked at the world in a different way. Exercising cultural chauvinism, he was critical of others. When in Canton, China he wrote (These people ate the flesh of swines.....).

You get the point.

Me= Marco Polo..... What are you? (you don't have to answer that for us)

Some of these people, man. Yikes.

2477408-Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1_super.jpeg

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.