SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

omg moose tracks the ice cream....I miss it ! Sorry, you made me think of ice creams so i had to share. Just assume it is a rant about me not having moose tracks.

Good lord, I'm trying not to eat sugar and someone mentions moosetracks ice cream!

RANT: It's hard giving up sugar!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Good lord, I'm trying not to eat sugar and someone mentions moosetracks ice cream!

More power to you.

I'm baking a chocolate cake.

My PMS needs for chocolate will not be denied. B-)

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I got to tell you, I've lived here for a while and my Danish still sucks because everyone just speaks pretty good English to me. The second I appear not to be fluent in Danish, so many people just switch. I had the same problem with the Swede I dated for a long time. With Spanish there are also just so many classes, books, TV shows, and speakers. I could find one good Danish textbook that went into grammar. Also, my husband doesn't see too much of a point in me knowing Danish which is a problem. He constantly translates for me when I know full well what somebody is saying. He doesn't even give me a second to respond! Drives me nuts.

:ph34r: Ah-ha! I'm going to secretly super study Danish and surprise him with it like 2 months from now. I already pretend to know less than I do so I can listen in on his family. :whistle:

That would drive me insane. I know some German (not as much as I should for having studied it throughout high school) and for some reason there are a million German tourists in Ecuador. A few years back a Germany girl moved in next door, and told me she would help me with my German if I helped her with her Spanish. Totally didn't happen. Her Spanish got much better, but every time I would stutter or go blank on a word she'd just revert to English. I would probably just have to visit Germany to learn German well... but every German I've ever met speaks amazing English so it would probably just turn out the same way. :rolleyes:

My hubby used to do that with English. At first he had no idea what I was saying when I used to skype with friends or family, but somewhere along the line his skills improved tremendously, and he would ask me questions about things I'd said in English while talking to my best friend, or Mom, or whoever. I got suspicious and started toning down the gossip. :whistle:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

oops :innocent:

good luck on the sugar thing, that is what I am doing too but I have splurge days where I buy chocolate (dark since it has less sugar) and eat it, helps me stay in check for the rest of the week hehe.

rant: why are whey protein things so disgusting ! And who are the people who review it as best tasting thing ever ! :wacko:

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

probably just have to visit Germany to learn German well... but every German I've ever met speaks amazing English so it would probably just turn out the same way. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I think if you lived in Germany you would be able to learn it. Just gotta keep going in german and ignore them speaking english :thumbs: That is how I learned italian and german, with english part of it was translating my favorite songs into czech. Now I am stuck on french correspondence courses...no motivation.

rant: not having motivation to do something you technically planned doing while you wait this process out sucks, especially since I paid for the courses in advance. /facepalm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Honestly, I think if you lived in Germany you would be able to learn it. Just gotta keep going in german and ignore them speaking english :thumbs: That is how I learned italian and german, with english part of it was translating my favorite songs into czech. Now I am stuck on french correspondence courses...no motivation.

rant: not having motivation to do something you technically planned doing while you wait this process out sucks, especially since I paid for the courses in advance. /facepalm

I really like German, so I'd like to at least try. I sympathize with the French. I took three years of it in college and you'd never know it from my level, which is really basic. I just don't care for it much. I'd really like to learn something interesting, like Mandarin or Arabic! Something with a different alphabet.

Agreed. I had plans to get into shape with the few "vacation" months I had from my contract ending in November to use leaving in April... There's two months left and although I go for daily jogs, I'm pretty much the same. Shh. :whistle:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

I really like German, so I'd like to at least try. I sympathize with the French. I took three years of it in college and you'd never know it from my level, which is really basic. I just don't care for it much. I'd really like to learn something interesting, like Mandarin or Arabic! Something with a different alphabet.

Agreed. I had plans to get into shape with the few "vacation" months I had from my contract ending in November to use leaving in April... There's two months left and although I go for daily jogs, I'm pretty much the same. Shh. :whistle:

Yup, sounds like me ...two years in college and as basic as it can get....but I was traumatized in Paris (here come the excuses)..tried to order tuna sandwich in french, first thing ever..and the guy was an #### over my accent so I just did in english and he got even more irritated...Haven't spoken since. I scare easy :blush:

Omg so wanna do Arabic, I took classes (Persian too) but never got anywhere....Japanese would be cool too. I am hoping to take some classes after the wedding and what not, I think there will be time *fingers crossed*

:lol: yah, I have been here with my parents for 5 months now and just only started gym....erm.

Timeline

IMO, less Germans are at an advanced level in English for a variety of reasons, but I suspect a big one is all the really bad dubbing on German TV that doesn't happen in Denmark. Most of my husband's fluency came from American movies and TV shows after some basic schooling.

I think it is easier too when you have a gift for it or are forced into the situation. I know that my ex-MIL can speak Slovak and a couple of other languages. Why she never taught her son is besides me.

I do need to focus more on learning it because my daughter is speaking more and more in Danish by the day. It kind of freaks me out a little. :unsure:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Did you guys know that nanny bloombergs soda ban in NYC includes flavored coffee? As well as coffee over 16 oz? That includes dunkin donuts and starbucks.

I wonder how people are taking these bans...should go read up about it.

16oz of coffee....that is insane, half a liter...that is some huge cup of coffee....do people really drink all that ?

Timeline

Did you guys know that nanny bloombergs soda ban in NYC includes flavored coffee? As well as coffee over 16 oz? That includes dunkin donuts and starbucks.

So, buy two?

No Venti?

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I wonder how people are taking these bans...should go read up about it.

16oz of coffee....that is insane, half a liter...that is some huge cup of coffee....do people really drink all that ?

So, buy two?

No Venti?

you guys no understand......no flavored coffee, period...

I'm having a caffeine fit just thinking about it. And I'm outta k-cups in my office...

all I have left is Taliban tea...

I need more coffee to stay awake......

makes me wonder....stay awake because you dont sleep at night ? Or your job is insanely boring and just can't go thru the day without huge amounts of coffee ? I am just curious, is all - so please don't take it as judgement or anything. :thumbs: