SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's like the Red Sox and Yankees...Chocolate and Vanilla...Democrat and Republican. One is right and the other is just plain wrong!

I prefer the white sox, strawberry, and ron paul

Why?

Because I like fluffy white socks, it's delicious, and he's such an adorable old man.

oldlady.gif

rant: People who go back and forth between arguments that have no end in sight since there is no right or wrong answer make me go bonkers. :bonk::whistle::yes:

rant2: I hate being lazy.

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Timeline

My drawing of mister paul from the 2008 election.

I didn't know who he was but someone handed out a flyer at school and I wasn't paying attn in class.

I doodled this drawing instead

Ron_Paul_Portrait_by_dramaqueenlp.jpg

oldlady.gif

I prefer the white sox, strawberry, and ron paul

Why?

Because I like fluffy white socks, it's delicious, and he's such an adorable old man.

:lol:

omg moose tracks the ice cream....I miss it ! Sorry, you made me think of ice creams so i had to share. Just assume it is a rant about me not having moose tracks.

Timeline

rant: People who go back and forth between arguments that have no end in sight since there is no right or wrong answer make me go bonkers. :bonk::whistle::yes:

rant2: I hate being lazy.

hence why I said I'm done.

That's why I don't talk politics either.

I HATE family events because my step dad and his entire side of the family just sit there for hours talking about how terrible obama is and how awesome sarah palin was

:bonk:

:lol:

omg moose tracks the ice cream....I miss it ! Sorry, you made me think of ice creams so i had to share. Just assume it is a rant about me not having moose tracks.

I have been having cravings for pralines and cream lately.

They don't seem to have it up here.

oldlady.gif

I hate family events cause nobody gets along - no arguing just silences and means looks , come to think of it...last family event we had was .....in....uhm...2000 ? hehe :wacko:

Hate being all wet after taking shower...I am serious. I wish there was a dry shower so I don't have to dry myself and then do the lotion....so much work. /sigh

I don't know how saying that you end up with people that never AOS because their spouse went all cuckoo beans on them validates your statement that I'm making myself seem better.

That's the only thing I've said that actually DOES have merit and is NOT personal opinion.

Do you venture into the effect on immigration forum?

There are posts in there CONSTANTLY about it.

It happens. And it CANT happen on a CR1/IR1 visa.

So, it's not making myself seems better, it's just plain truth that it happens.

And I've already said the other things are just my personal opinion.

I'm entitled to them.

Don't take my statements out of context just to make me look bad.

I don't want you feeling I'm trying to make you look bad. I was trying to point out how the things you're saying are taken in a very negative light by those that do go the K-1 path. The holding the AOS over their heads to control the immigrant is a problem. Although I think the amount that actually do that is a pretty small percentage. Just as those that come on a K-1 or CR-1 and are out the door as soon as the green card arrives are a small percentage. But I would venture to guess its a bigger number than those that go cuckoo beans and refuse to do the AOS to control someone. I've seen many times where people do not have the money, or don't put the priority on the AOS after getting the married on a K-1. I'm totally for a change in the law that would make the AOS fee be at least put in trust before the K-1 is issued.

And yes I've been watching immigration issues for over 10 years (although predominately on fil/am forums), because I knew eventually my wife and I would be going through it. I've seen many success and many sorry stories over that time. I've seen people talk on the internet for a few months then run over there to visit and get married on the same trip. Then they file a CR-1. How is that any better than coming back and filing a K-1 to get married in the USA? Given the exception that there is the possibility of an extra abuse of the system option. And I'm totally with you that the AOS fee should be paid up front, but not because of the someone trying to control someone, but because too often after immigration they have no money left to pay the fee and that leads to problems.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I don't want you feeling I'm trying to make you look bad. I was trying to point out how the things you're saying are taken in a very negative light by those that do go the K-1 path. The holding the AOS over their heads to control the immigrant is a problem. Although I think the amount that actually do that is a pretty small percentage. Just as those that come on a K-1 or CR-1 and are out the door as soon as the green card arrives are a small percentage. But I would venture to guess its a bigger number than those that go cuckoo beans and refuse to do the AOS to control someone. I've seen many times where people do not have the money, or don't put the priority on the AOS after getting the married on a K-1. I'm totally for a change in the law that would make the AOS fee be at least put in trust before the K-1 is issued.

And yes I've been watching immigration issues for over 10 years (although predominately on fil/am forums), because I knew eventually my wife and I would be going through it. I've seen many success and many sorry stories over that time. I've seen people talk on the internet for a few months then run over there to visit and get married on the same trip. Then they file a CR-1. How is that any better than coming back and filing a K-1 to get married in the USA? Given the exception that there is the possibility of an extra abuse of the system option. And I'm totally with you that the AOS fee should be paid up front, but not because of the someone trying to control someone, but because too often after immigration they have no money left to pay the fee and that leads to problems.

This is NOT the thread to discuss this. It was someone's opinion that was asked for by someone other than you. Who cares. This thread is for RANTING aka COMPLAINING, and is not for arguments, or for discussing which path may or may not be better. Who cares. Do what you want. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express it. No one is interfering with you right to choose the path that you want, or that anyone else wants. You're the one upset about someone's opinion which for all intensive purposes doesn't include you and she's stated that.

Enough already.

Rant away here.

Some rules please........

1. This is not a debate. This is a rant. Therefore.......

2. Nobody wants to listen to you trying to tell everyone else how they should think (or how f*ing good your ####### smells)....So.......

2-A . Keep you negative opinions about other people's opinions outta here.

Now I declare this thread open.........rant away.

REPOSTING!!!!

<EOM>

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I hate it when people make excuses to leave work that aren't well thought out...

I've got to go get a haircut (bald person)

I've got to take my kid to the dentist (grandparent)

The cable company is coming to install a new router, I've got to let them in (lives in a tent)

I've got to take my car to the shop to have the oil changed (has had 13 DUI's)

I would much rather hear...

I'm not doing ###### today so I'm gonna leave early so as not to rub it in everyone's face.

I hate it when people make excuses to leave work that aren't well thought out...

I've got to go get a haircut (bald person)

I've got to take my kid to the dentist (grandparent)

The cable company is coming to install a new router, I've got to let them in (lives in a tent)

I've got to take my car to the shop to have the oil changed (has had 13 DUI's)

I would much rather hear...

I'm not doing ###### today so I'm gonna leave early so as not to rub it in everyone's face.

Here here!!! Agreed.

Or how about when they don't come in "cough cough" i'm sick..

You weren't sick yesterday. You went out drinking last night. Yeah yer self-induced sick. Suck it up princess or tell the truth.

We had a girl at work who had a sick note for a week. Some co-workers saw her drinking and dancing at the bar during "sick note" time. She comes in the 2 days later after sick note ends "oh so glad I can talk again and feel so much better." Yeah she doesn't work here anymore. rofl.gif

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

oh i hate it when people come to work late then spend whole day having coffee, talking to anyone and everyone they can find then come back only to skype chat with friends until 10pm while you are there busting your butt and THEN they make a phone call to their parents saying: "omg i am so busy and this work is so hard, I think i should ask for a raise" ....oh and then getting the raise cause they know the right people. :angry:

oh i hate it when people come to work late then spend whole day having coffee, talking to anyone and everyone they can find then come back only to skype chat with friends until 10pm while you are there busting your butt and THEN they make a phone call to their parents saying: "omg i am so busy and this work is so hard, I think i should ask for a raise" ....oh and then getting the raise cause they know the right people. :angry:

That would drive me nuts!

My co-worker at my last job got the coveted Day 1 16 hour shift because he was sleeping with the boss. He lived 5 minutes away from work...I lived thirty. -_-

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

that would be me :)

In fact, I came in at 10. I've already had breakfast, coffee, and now I'm having a sandwich for lunch :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
My cat LOVES to sit on my husband.
It might be a "man's cat," sigh man. This is more common than one might think.

Idea: Depending on intercattal dynamics, could you get a second cat -- one that would be friendlier with you?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

That would drive me nuts!

My co-worker at my last job got the coveted Day 1 16 hour shift because he was sleeping with the boss. He lived 5 minutes away from work...I lived thirty. -_-

Too bad, who told you to not sleep with the boss?

It might be a "man's cat," sigh man. This is more common than one might think.

Idea: Depending on intercattal dynamics, could you get a second cat -- one that would be friendlier with you?

a man's cat = a dog

I am now finished with my lunch, can I get some one to clean my desk now?