SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I can't complain about my in laws, I like them, they're great. (Especially after I dragged their innocent 18 year old daughter around for years, then left her, then came back to marry her, they welcomed me back).

No rant about in laws from me.

Shame on you guys for ranting about your in laws. Oh that would break my own rule about negative opinion on other people's opinions...

OK....No shame !!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my in laws. They are such warm welcoming people and I know they only try to force feed me out of concern ;)

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I can't complain about my in laws, I like them, they're great. (Especially after I dragged their innocent 18 year old daughter around for years, then left her, then came back to marry her, they welcomed me back).

No rant about in laws from me.

Shame on you guys for ranting about your in laws. Oh that would break my own rule about negative opinion on other people's opinions...

OK....No shame !!

:P I'm sure it'll be better once I'm not living in the same house as them. I'm very meticulous about order and cleanliness and they're just throwing a wrench in all of it. I like my privacy.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Sounds like latinos. Yesterday my husband's aunt lectured for me for an hour about how American women run off with men too early and life and have children too early. Apparently she had seen some day time talk show (based in Miami with Caribbean participants, mind you) and is now convinced that Americans have no morals. Love being lectured by foreigners about my own country. :blink:

:rofl: Especially when it isn't true.

I got told by my Danish family that American women are too submissive. :blink:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my in laws. They are such warm welcoming people and I know they only try to force feed me out of concern ;)

They wanna get you up to "breeding weight" lmao.........

Danish women strong, like ox !

Timeline

I try not to say anything in order to not be disrespectful (here disagreeing with your elders is "disrespect") but it's hard not to laugh at some of the ridiculous misconceptions they've made. My husband usually comes to my rescue and politely saves me, thankfully. :lol: It is funny, though.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Indians tend to think all American women have loose moral values and all their marriages end in divorce.

It's funny all the different perspectives various cultures have of us!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

I try not to say anything in order to not be disrespectful (here disagreeing with your elders is "disrespect") but it's hard not to laugh at some of the ridiculous misconceptions they've made. My husband usually comes to my rescue and politely saves me, thankfully. :lol: It is funny, though.

My in laws have thankfully never expressed misconceptions. If anything they are curious and always ask me what typical life in the US is like.

It's the neighbor ladies that love to gossip and word travels at the speed of light in India. My husband has already gotten multiple inquiries from various "aunties" pressing him as to how long our marriage will last. And Kim Kardashian's "marriage" didn't help our statistics much ladies. rofl.gif

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

My in laws have thankfully never expressed misconceptions. If anything they are curious and always ask me what typical life in the US is like.

It's the neighbor ladies that love to gossip and word travels at the speed of light in India. My husband has already gotten multiple inquiries from various "aunties" pressing him as to how long our marriage will last. And Kim Kardashian's "marriage" didn't help our statistics much ladies. rofl.gif

Out of curiosity, has your in laws friends/relatives asked them to ask you to bring more Americans to marry their children?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Oh, my husband thinks it is funny to reinforce their stereotypes. :bonk: "She just cooks and cleans all day long and waits on me hand and foot." :blink::rofl: Yes, my husband has picked up a bunch of colloquial expressions - he is super fluent.

Indians tend to think all American women have loose moral values and all their marriages end in divorce.

It's funny all the different perspectives various cultures have of us!

I think some of the men on here think that! ;)

Out of curiosity, has your in laws friends/relatives asked them to ask you to bring more Americans to marry their children?

I had to respond to this even though it wasn't directed at me. My husband's male friends want American girlfriends, but his parents made it very clear to me that I was not allowed to introduce any American men to their daughter, otherwise she might run away to America too! It would be a tall order anyways...

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Nope. Marriage in India is a very big deal in Indian families and every family has their own opinions on the best choices for their son or daughter.

I have yet to see Indian families encourage their sons or daughters to marry outside their culture. They usually just come to accept it because their son or daughter is happy.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

Oh, my husband thinks it is funny to reinforce their stereotypes. :bonk: "She just cooks and cleans all day long and waits on me hand and foot." :blink::rofl: Yes, my husband has picked up a bunch of colloquial expressions - he is super fluent.

I think some of the men on here think that! ;)

I had to respond to this even though it wasn't directed at me. My husband's male friends want American girlfriends, but his parents made it very clear to me that I was not allowed to introduce any American men to their daughter, otherwise she might run away to America too! It would be a tall order anyways...

I think when their son is settled in the US, and their daughter makes her way here to visit..... she may be another AOS case yet lol

Nope. Marriage in India is a very big deal in Indian families and every family has their own opinions on the best choices for their son or daughter.

I have yet to see Indian families encourage their sons or daughters to marry outside their culture. They usually just come to accept it because their son or daughter is happy.

That's quite respectable.

Timeline

This happens to me A LOT. People ask about my siblings (I have two younger sisters and a brother) and my friends, and constantly ask to be set up. They are obviously visa hunting so I would never comply... but it's funny how bold some people can be. :blink: People always tell my husband that he "won the lottery" and he should "share the wealth". I find it creepy. :wacko:

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

This happens to me A LOT. People ask about my siblings (I have two younger sisters and a brother) and my friends, and constantly ask to be set up. They are obviously visa hunting so I would never comply... but it's funny how bold some people can be. :blink: People always tell my husband that he "won the lottery" and he should "share the wealth". I find it creepy. :wacko:

That is kinda creepy.....

You've gotta find a way to get them off your back...