SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I just typed up a comment THREE FREAKING TIMES only to have my internet dutifully go out exactly when I want to post it each time, resulting in me having to restart the stupid computer in order for it to reconnect. :ranting: Stupid old computer and shoddy internet connection!

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

I just typed up a comment THREE FREAKING TIMES only to have my internet dutifully go out exactly when I want to post it each time, resulting in me having to restart the stupid computer in order for it to reconnect. :ranting: Stupid old computer and shoddy internet connection!

You shouldn't have to reboot. Assuming it is a PC running Windows do the following:

Click on the 'Start' menu

Click on 'Run'

Type in cmd and click ok

This will bring up the command prompt or DOS

Type in the following commands:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Once that finishes you should have a valid IP address again

What operating system are you running?

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife comments about how bad Asian drivers are, and she's Asian. :rofl: But she is actually a pretty good drive, except for hogging all the space in the garage. She's got a 2012 Focus and half the time she parks it with one side directly in the middle of a double car garage. This is even after my 2004 Durango is parked in there and leaves me about 6 inches to open the door. I never should have given her the parking space closest to the house entry :bonk:

you're wife's a pretty good drive, eh?

oldlady.gif

you're wife's a pretty good drive, eh?

Good at driving, her parking really needs work though :rofl:

She's not a bad ride either :blush:

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You shouldn't have to reboot. Assuming it is a PC running Windows do the following:

Click on the 'Start' menu

Click on 'Run'

Type in cmd and click ok

This will bring up the command prompt or DOS

Type in the following commands:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Once that finishes you should have a valid IP address again

What operating system are you running?

:thumbs: I'll try that next time!

Windows 7. It might just be the computer. It's a 3 year old Acer that's had it's fair share of falls/fixes, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's finally crapping out on us.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

:thumbs: I'll try that next time!

Windows 7. It might just be the computer. It's a 3 year old Acer that's had it's fair share of falls/fixes, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's finally crapping out on us.

Acer was the key word here.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I did know that. :innocent:

South Park I think is actually a region of Littleton, isn't it? I think they say Colorado gets 300 days of sunshine a year.

Me? Easy? :rofl:

:whistle:

OKok..that was pretty good.....we're even for now :devil:

and, I really dunno where South Park Colorado is lol

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Timeline

Acer was the key word here.

I don't think any companies make a high quality computer anymore. I read an article some time ago, the chinese rummage through junk yards to reclaim computer parts that's thrown out, and resell it as new to all kinds of places. Some of these parts eventually trickle back into new computers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't think any companies make a high quality computer anymore. I read an article some time ago, the chinese rummage through junk yards to reclaim computer parts that's thrown out, and resell it as new to all kinds of places. Some of these parts eventually trickle back into new computers.

I've had quite a few laptops over the years, but the only one that has ever stood up to being dropped out of my truck repeatedly and on the floor by a 4 year old and has never had a software or hardware issue and still carries a long charge is my Macbook Pro. I've had problems with every other laptop....and they've never lasted this long. :star:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

I've had quite a few laptops over the years, but the only one that has ever stood up to being dropped out of my truck repeatedly and on the floor by a 4 year old and has never had a software or hardware issue and still carries a long charge is my Macbook Pro. I've had problems with every other laptop....and they've never lasted this long. :star:

I use a Panasonic Toughbook in some of my travels, it's pretty good.

you can drop that outta your truck. It'll survive.

Timeline

Dell makes decent computers still.

So does ASUS.

Typically, I just build my own computer.

Unfortunately, I was in a tough spot last year, and was forced to purchase one and now I have an HP.

Not a fan, really. I've sent it back 2 or 3 times for RMA.

It seems to be finally cooperating.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

So does ASUS.

Typically, I just build my own computer.

Unfortunately, I was in a tough spot last year, and was forced to purchase one and now I have an HP.

Not a fan, really. I've sent it back 2 or 3 times for RMA.

It seems to be finally cooperating.

I have my self-built tower back in America and our tower here was built by my husband. It is the best way to go for a gaming PC, imo.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

So does ASUS.

yea I use a Dell at work. And at home, I use HP, ipad, and kindle fire. I really think they're all about the same. Oh and I have an Asus Netbook that I never use lol. I take the Toughbook on trips. But I wanna replace it with a Kindle Fire 4G LTE (but I know a lot of places don't have LTE)

Timeline

I have my self-built tower back in America and our tower here was built by my husband. It is the best way to go for a gaming PC, imo.

yes I think you're right (for once) about that.....:)

Timeline

yea I use a Dell at work. And at home, I use HP, ipad, and kindle fire. I really think they're all about the same. Oh and I have an Asus Netbook that I never use lol. I take the Toughbook on trips. But I wanna replace it with a Kindle Fire 4G LTE (but I know a lot of places don't have LTE)

I'll give you $100 for asus netbook.

Not a penny more.

This guy that blows our driveway is doing it now.

There's like 1.5" of slushy snow out.

And it's only JUST started to actually snow snow.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif