SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

hips? for a billion kids? no thanks. I just want a peacful life at home. been helping my parents with work since I was a little kid. now i want to enjoy home life. you know?

rant- kids shouldn't have to grow up faster then needed just because parents are poor. Everyone should have a childhood

Ya, no billions of kids here sister! Just 2, maybe 3 tops.

I agree about the childhood part as well.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Rant:

Sometimes I feel like I want to move to the USA more than my husband wants me to move there. Which is stupid. Why do I have to remind him to call the IRS for tax transcripts again and again? Why did I have to remind him to do the I-130 for over a month? Why? I'm about fed up with this. I want to say, Ya know what? When you want me here, LET ME KNOW and then maybe I'll get on doing my paperwork. Here I am, struggling to find all the places I've lived, exact dates for those too. I've moved 17 different times since I was 16. This is ridiculous. I have found the addresses and exact dates for jobs I had 10 years ago! But he can't remember to call the IRS to get tax transcripts? I'm really annoyed.ranting33va.gif

Oh and he's not getting anymore special pictures. I refuse to send them, because I refuse to have to ask if he got them or likes them. I shouldn't have to wonder if my husband is attracted to me. I'm not big. I've lost some muscle tone and gained a little weight since we met, but I'm still under 150lbs and wear a size 8 jean. I don't get it. crying.gif

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

India has one of the biggest populations but the people there are the least willing to adopt. its stupid. I have an aunt and uncle that can't have kids, they keep trying anything and everything but refuse to raise kids that aren't there. stupid people, hate this thinking

Rant-

Today started out great for me. Breakfast with my 3 year old, a little quiet time, coffee with VJ and the news......went to work whenever I felt like. And that's where it went down hill............<sigh> The work was tolerable, a few phone calls, 1 headache......then my father called. I'm not close to my father........he just knows how to ruin my day.......ruin my life......I style myself to be exactly opposite of him.

sounds like my dad. I don't talk to mine anymore. He refused to be at my wedding because my mom was officiating. They were divorced when I was 18 months.. I'm 32. Both remarried. GET OVER IT!!!!! headbonk.gif

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Rant:

Sometimes I feel like I want to move to the USA more than my husband wants me to move there. Which is stupid. Why do I have to remind him to call the IRS for tax transcripts again and again? Why did I have to remind him to do the I-130 for over a month? Why? I'm about fed up with this. I want to say, Ya know what? When you want me here, LET ME KNOW and then maybe I'll get on doing my paperwork. Here I am, struggling to find all the places I've lived, exact dates for those too. I've moved 17 different times since I was 16. This is ridiculous. I have found the addresses and exact dates for jobs I had 10 years ago! But he can't remember to call the IRS to get tax transcripts? I'm really annoyed.ranting33va.gif

Oh and he's not getting anymore special pictures. I refuse to send them, because I refuse to have to ask if he got them or likes them. I shouldn't have to wonder if my husband is attracted to me. I'm not big. I've lost some muscle tone and gained a little weight since we met, but I'm still under 150lbs and wear a size 8 jean. I don't get it. crying.gif

if it helps I seem to care more about my sister-in-laws immigration then both my brother and my sister-in-law. For them the longer she is there, the more vacations he gets to take with her.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
If a genie emanated from a bottle and granted me 3 wishes, Wish #2 would be to travel to Ecuador and strangle a million roosters.
It belatedly occurs to me that the boldfaced text could be associated with "choking the chicken." Intriguing concept, whee man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
I hate that rag-on-a-stick nonsense! My MIL swears by it. We bought her an actual mop months ago and it's collected dust in the corner of the kitchen since then. :rolleyes: It's usually an old t-shirt on the end of a broom.
Old habits -- or, for non-nuns, t-shirts die hard, sigh man.
My husband says it's probably because a woman's "assests" are typically larger than that of a man's... or they should be, apparently.
I'll get in trouble, but most women's culos are indeed too large. Actually, Mrs. T-B. says that "calzon chino" and "calzoncillo chino" are regional usage, the latter term common in Ecu, or at least Guayaquil. Whatever the term, I'm pleased that Latin America is civilized enough to have ANY term for "wedgie" -- I was crushed when the RUBforum guys informed me that there's no word for wedgie in Russian, no man. Edited by TBoneTX

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

It belatedly occurs to me that the boldfaced text could be associated with "choking the chicken." Intriguing concept, whee man.

Can't expect anyone to love you until you have loved yourself, dormir man.

Edited by CHarvey80

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Timeline
Can't expect anyone to love you until you have loved yourself, dormir man.
Whee man, si man. Dormir? Zzz, man.

Ah -- rant, and an important one: WHY do Ecu natives of Guayaquil drop all their final consonants? How the dickens am I expected to understand, let alone learn, Spanish? Quito natives finish their words, si man. Why can't Guayacos/Guayacas, huh man?

The above worries me when Mrs. T-B. talks Spanish to Mini-Bone. Fortunately, he overemphasizes most of the ends of his words, s ma.

Edited by TBoneTX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Rant:

I know how you feel. I even started my own thread about this. My husband and I could have in theory gotten married in november/december, but that didnt happen because he didnt have his birth certificate, and he took ages to finally ask him family to send it to him to Spain (and they took ages to send it!).. and then instead of getting the I-130 packet ready while we waited for the marriage certificate to arrive, he waited until it arrived three weeks after the marriage before STARTING to prepare the I-130 package... and now if we are lucky enough to get approved fast we probably wont be able to send off the AOS package because we will Still be waiting for him to file his taxes for 2011. I have been telling him this whole time that he needs to file his taxes.. well he just one week ago decided to finally look into it and realized he needs certain documents delivered to him, but they only deliver to the U.S, and they said to expect them to arrive in 30-90 days. 30-90 days??? Are you kidding me?? And we have to rely on his family to actually send them to us once they arrive at their house (another eternity), and then for him to actually DO the taxes and FILE them. And then for the tax return to arrive!! And all of this could have been done MONTHS ago because we´ve been talking about this for a long time. AGHHH

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

If my mom was in charge of picking my life mate, I'd probably just /myself. She has literally the worst taste in men. Love her, but hate that.

Likewise. My mother has yet to understand the joys of picking someone who is caring, comes from a similar background, and who is capable of a healthy relationship.

Yes, despite my husband coming from Denmark, we have practically the same family backgrounds and ethics.

then my father called. I'm not close to my father........he just knows how to ruin my day.......ruin my life......I style myself to be exactly opposite of him.

Join the club, except I don't let my biological father have my number. I think he feels guilty every 4 years or so and attempts to reach out, but he can shove it. Same with the Dane's bio-dad. He told me once that all he needed to know about his biological father was that instead of spending money on the household expenses when they were poor, he bought himself a new pool cue. We were/are both so happy to have amazing step dads.

nope. I want to be a housewife. I have accounting degree but i just wanna be housewife.

rant- why is everyone expected to go to college these days and have a job. why can't one just be a housewife.

Why not?

I am a housewife and no one in America cares, except my mother because she secretly hates men. :lol:

You could be a housewife lol.........

:yes:

Why are my vegetables dying? I had these big plans of starting vegetables and then transferring them into my dad's garden when they were big enough and the weather was appropriate. Almost all of the tomato sprouts died, the kale is thinning out, and for some reason all of the zucchini plants turned yellow and started wilting. WHY? I come from a long line of green thumbs. This is embarrassing!

I am blaming it on my dry hot apartment. I cracked open a few windows in my kitchen. Hopefully the cool draft doesn't kill off the rest of the sprouts! wacko.gif

It is definitely a moisture issue. You've still got time to try again! I've found I've got to do it so when they are getting to the point in which they really get about 1,5 or 2 inches then they have to go in the ground, at least with tomatoes. I've never had any luck keeping them indoors after that.

Rant:

Ask him about it? I'd be pretty pissed off if I sent my husband pics an he didn't respond.

As to the immigration thing, it pisses me off when the USCs don't take the reigns. I've seen more than a few cases on here were that has not turned out well in the end. Both people should take an active role if they are interested. I don't let my husband handle the paperwork too much, but he handles all the finances, planning to move, etc. It balances out.

sounds like my dad. I don't talk to mine anymore. He refused to be at my wedding because my mom was officiating. They were divorced when I was 18 months.. I'm 32. Both remarried. GET OVER IT!!!!! headbonk.gif

I hate when divorced people do that. It is really immature and so unnecessary. Even when my mom and step-dad divorced they decided to co-parent and he still came to the family Christmas and events. Unless one spouse is abusive or something, there is just no excuse.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

this thread got so popular so fast

Yes it did! I have this thread on my VJ watchlist..woke up this morning to 75 notification emails! Darn thing took me 5 mins to delete them from my blackberry.. you guys get very chatty around 2am my time! :D

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

Timeline

My BS in math is going to be done in December and I doubt I can get a job without an MS or finishing the stupid actuarial exams....

Back in the day, a BS = a good job, now a BS = a GED

woah woah wait a minute. You want to be an actuary? Awesomee, I´m on that path too, high five!

Actually most actuarial jobs do not ask for masters degrees. The actuarial exams are MUCH more important. That said, I am currently doing a masters because I couldn´t find a job here in Spain and I needed something to do while I waited out the immigration process lol. Have you done any of the actuarial exams yet?

Also.. are you doing the degree online, or are you staying in Denmark until December?

Edit: Ooops, just realized I jumped to the conclusion that you wanted to be an actuary. Now that I reread your post it seems more like you´re stating that with a math degree you either have to get a masters degree to get a job OR you can become an actuary (which dont require masters degrees). Is this more accurate?

Edited by LucidSofia

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

Embassy

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

woah woah wait a minute. You want to be an actuary? Awesomee, I´m on that path too, high five!

Actually most actuarial jobs do not ask for masters degrees. The actuarial exams are MUCH more important. That said, I am currently doing a masters because I couldn´t find a job here in Spain and I needed something to do while I waited out the immigration process lol. Have you done any of the actuarial exams yet?

Also.. are you doing the degree online, or are you staying in Denmark until December?

Actually, I did most of it at a traditional school but I switched to State University of New York - ESC at some point last year. Most of their classes are offered online and it is much harder than the in person classes I did. I passed the probability exam, but I don't think I will end up working. It is a hard thing for me to decided whether to do that or go and get a MS in statistics or teaching. I think that for now though, it will be hard to manage a career and being a mother, especially since we want at least 5 children and at 26 with one kid already, I'm not getting any younger.

To be honest, despite my husband being ok with it, it messes up our traditional relationship for me to work and probably earn more than him. Unless it was something I really passionately loved, I don't think it would be worth it and the only things I've loved doing were mining engineering (too dangerous) and religious studies (no jobs).

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Actually, I did most of it at a traditional school but I switched to State University of New York - ESC at some point last year. Most of their classes are offered online and it is much harder than the in person classes I did. I passed the probability exam, but I don't think I will end up working. It is a hard thing for me to decided whether to do that or go and get a MS in statistics or teaching. I think that for now though, it will be hard to manage a career and being a mother, especially since we want at least 5 children and at 26 with one kid already, I'm not getting any younger.

To be honest, despite my husband being ok with it, it messes up our traditional relationship for me to work and probably earn more than him. Unless it was something I really passionately loved, I don't think it would be worth it and the only things I've loved doing were mining engineering (too dangerous) and religious studies (no jobs).

Oh wow. 5 kids?? Yeah managing that AND a career would probbaly be really tough. Well, congrats on passing the probability exam!

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

Embassy

06/05/13 - Medical

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta