SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm really happy that's the case for you. I guess fb is going to change the culture of arranged marriages. But some how I'm guessing your case isn't typical. But a courting and waiting period occurs for some, but not for others. I guess that makes sense based on the attitude going in, how well they chose for you, and I would suppose if you find them attractive.

idk, if its typical. Its typical for my family. But the fb part is not. I made a fake profile and messaged him, to see what he was like. Then I could lie to him and I am glad I was open to him about who i am. Honestly I didn't find him totally attractive. I hated his nose but when I started talking to him, it was like he was my soul mate and the more I looked at his pictures, I realized I was being to quick to judge. And that is hot and the nose actually looks good on him.

I think its really important how you go into the process. Like before him I never loved anyone, so it was easy for me to think of him as the one. If you fall in love, you need to talk to your family. My aunt always told me if I fell in love, I could talk to her and she would arrange it. But I wanted an arrange marriage. how you go into it matters 100%, if you go in hating it, it will never work. like all marriages both parties have to put an effort. I have already talked that part over with my guy. I told him we like each other but that doesn't mean its gonna be easy once we get married. you better promise to work at it with me. lol

Timeline

Probably a whole bunch of Saudi women.

And that's why I ask. Most of my middle eastern friends are from Saudi, and I would imagine arranged marriages are a bit different there.

Thanks for educating me! :)

see I am from India, so its a bit different for us. Of course I am sure there is alot of backward thinking there too. Arranged marriages vary from place to place and also by how much effort you put into it.

You know just like you are wary of arranged marriages. I am no fan of love marriages and I have lived in usa for 20 years.

Edited by Rimpz

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

The arranged marriage failure thread a while ago left me with lots of questions.

Hey Caryh,

Do you have the link to that thread?

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

see I am from India, so its a bit different for us. Of course I am sure there is alot of backward thinking there too. Arranged marriages vary from place to place and also by how much effort you put into it.

You know just like you are wary of arranged marriages. I am no fan of love marriages and I have lived in usa for 20 years.

Kind of a cool "to each their own" thing. Happens differently for everyone!

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

Actually their case is pretty typical for India. I'd say there are far more arranged marriages than love marriages in regards to the CR-1/IR-1 coming out of India. And there are even fewer cases like mine, an inter-racial/inter-cultural (love) marriage.

i have to agree with you on that one. arranged is more common then love.

your case is very rare because india is barely coming to accept inter-religion marriages. Even though we have a few big religions there.

Hey Caryh,

it got closed in like a day. lol that guy was a idiot but the girl should have tried to talk to him more too. I think. It takes two to tango

I apologize for this turning into an arranged marriage thread. I just wanted to rant about my parents not telling me about him, so I can say yes to him already and get engaged. stupid parents.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I apologize for this turning into an arranged marriage thread. I just wanted to rant about my parents not telling me about him, so I can say yes to him already and get engaged. stupid parents.

By all means, rant away!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Hey Caryh,

It's locked but you could read it. The op didn't really post a lot of information, and kind of got ripped on pretty hard. But there's definitely a lot of misunderstanding to I'm sure. Even though the rants got detailed, it's been enlightening hearing about arranged marriage from someone living it. I had no idea there was so much interaction between the engaged couple before they got married.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/416447-what-should-i-do/

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Rant - caught my dog eating poo. I guess that's her way of complaining about being on a diet. So I can have a fat dog or dog that eats her own poo. I think I'll settle for a fat dog.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

i have to agree with you on that one. arranged is more common then love.

your case is very rare because india is barely coming to accept inter-religion marriages. Even though we have a few big religions there.

it got closed in like a day. lol that guy was a idiot but the girl should have tried to talk to him more too. I think. It takes two to tango

No need to apologize for anything. But please don't hijack my thread lol.........

And welcome. This thread has turned into a great light-hearted conversation (and I think we're all fond of that) and I'd like to keep it that way......

And I wanna sincerely thank everyone for keeping to the rules...........(See post #1 on the thread).

Timeline

Rant-

Today started out great for me. Breakfast with my 3 year old, a little quiet time, coffee with VJ and the news......went to work whenever I felt like. And that's where it went down hill............<sigh> The work was tolerable, a few phone calls, 1 headache......then my father called. I'm not close to my father........he just knows how to ruin my day.......ruin my life......I style myself to be exactly opposite of him.

Timeline

I hate long days when both me and my mom work long days and neither one of us wants to come home and cook dinner. She usually makes me do it, because she is older. I wish I was rich enough to not work and have someone cook.

hate long work days but love coming home to my grandma playing with her ipad. She is such a little kid.

Timeline

I hate long days when both me and my mom work long days and neither one of us wants to come home and cook dinner. She usually makes me do it, because she is older. I wish I was rich enough to not work and have someone cook.

hate long work days but love coming home to my grandma playing with her ipad. She is such a little kid.

Would you really not work if you were rich?