SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I don't know why arranged marriages are so misunderstood. When love marriages are not perfect in themselves, look at the divorce rate. I wish people wouldn't be so quick to judge. If anyone has questions I will happily answer them.

I don't know why arranged marriages are so misunderstood. When love marriages are not perfect in themselves, look at the divorce rate. I wish people wouldn't be so quick to judge. If anyone has questions I will happily answer them.

It's not that love marriages are the issue, I think it's more the commitment to make a marriage work today is lacking in many cultures today.

Ok a question then. Once the marriage takes place, is there. Courtship period to get to know each other before sex usually takes place? If this is normal, how long does that period last, or is it straight to what love marriages call the honeymoon period? I just can't imagine being comfortable when you don't even know the person you married.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

What if you end up hating the person? Or they're ugly?

What if you don't want to have sex with them?!!!!!!!!!????!!!

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

What about using a DRY high-tech Ecu broom (rag-on-a-stick), huh man?

Mrs. T-B. & family call it "calzoncillo chino," which perhaps is for small (or male) underwear, si man. Why male underwear takes the diminutive form and female underwear is "larger" is beyond me, gee man.

I hate that rag-on-a-stick nonsense! My MIL swears by it. We bought her an actual mop months ago and it's collected dust in the corner of the kitchen since then. :rolleyes: It's usually an old t-shirt on the end of a broom.

My husband says it's probably because a woman's "assests" are typically larger than that of a man's... or they should be, apparently.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

It's not that love marriages are the issue, I think it's more the commitment to make a marriage work today is lacking in many cultures today.

Ok a question then. Once the marriage takes place, is there. Courtship period to get to know each other before sex usually takes place? If this is normal, how long does that period last, or is it straight to what love marriages call the honeymoon period? I just can't imagine being comfortable when you don't even know the person you married.

I think it varies person to person. for me I think it will be straight honeymoon period. I just contacted my guy on facebook (without my parents knowing, I will tell them eventually) and we are already heads over heels in love. And its like we have known each other for perfect. we both think are parents couldn't have picked a better match. I called my aunt and told her I love the guy last night and he is saying yes to his family tonight. Both of our families had been searching for years and rejected lots of potential candidates before finding the right person. I am sure if I ask him for time and space, he will give it to me but I don't think I will.

Wait, how can you go through the immigration process if it's an arranged marriage? What do you use as evidence of a relationship?

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

What if you end up hating the person? Or they're ugly?

What if you don't want to have sex with them?!!!!!!!!!????!!!

I don't know what kindof arranged marriages you have heard about but in my family and the area I am from both the guy and girl are asked. Its mutual constent. And we get to hang out a lot after engagment and get to know each other. daily phone calls and skype and etc. its all encouraged. so if you don't like him just say no. you won't have to have sex then

I don't know what kindof arranged marriages you have heard about but in my family and the area I am from both the guy and girl are asked. Its mutual constent. And we get to hang out a lot after engagment and get to know each other. daily phone calls and skype and etc. its all encouraged. so if you don't like him just say no. you won't have to have sex then

Say no to the marriage or no to sex?

Timeline

Wait, how can you go through the immigration process if it's an arranged marriage? What do you use as evidence of a relationship?

the same as you guys with love marriages. pictures, cards, phone bills and etc. My sister-in-law is in the process right now. My cousin arrives on monday.

If my mom was in charge of picking my life mate, I'd probably just /myself. She has literally the worst taste in men. Love her, but hate that.

the same as you guys with love marriages. pictures, cards, phone bills and etc. My sister-in-law is in the process right now. My cousin arrives on monday.

Cool. Hope it goes well for you :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

The process is different in regards to evidence for a love marriage vs. an arranged marriage. Arranged marriages are still the norm in India so the COs in New Delhi and Mumbai are aware of the distinction. There is a meeting or meetings between the couple before the marriage takes place. They can also document their chat conversations, phone records, or their matrimonial profile (if they used a website like bharatmatrimony.com or shaadi.com). Then there is the wedding itself with all the various customs and ceremonies done in a typical Hindu wedding or other religion. Then they can show the same things other couples use such as joint bank accounts, joint lease, health insurance, life insurance, etc....

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

I think it varies person to person. for me I think it will be straight honeymoon period. I just contacted my guy on facebook (without my parents knowing, I will tell them eventually) and we are already heads over heels in love. And its like we have known each other for perfect. we both think are parents couldn't have picked a better match. I called my aunt and told her I love the guy last night and he is saying yes to his family tonight. Both of our families had been searching for years and rejected lots of potential candidates before finding the right person. I am sure if I ask him for time and space, he will give it to me but I don't think I will.

I'm really happy that's the case for you. I guess fb is going to change the culture of arranged marriages. But some how I'm guessing your case isn't typical. But a courting and waiting period occurs for some, but not for others. I guess that makes sense based on the attitude going in, how well they chose for you, and I would suppose if you find them attractive.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

marriage, why marry a guy you don't even want to sleep with? I think my guy is hot.

Probably a whole bunch of Saudi women.

And that's why I ask. Most of my middle eastern friends are from Saudi, and I would imagine arranged marriages are a bit different there.

Thanks for educating me! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm really happy that's the case for you. I guess fb is going to change the culture of arranged marriages. But some how I'm guessing your case isn't typical. But a courting and waiting period occurs for some, but not for others. I guess that makes sense based on the attitude going in, how well they chose for you, and I would suppose if you find them attractive.

Actually their case is pretty typical for India. I'd say there are far more arranged marriages than love marriages in regards to the CR-1/IR-1 coming out of India. And there are even fewer cases like mine, an inter-racial/inter-cultural (love) marriage.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png