SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why the hell do all the provinces have to have their "Family Day" on different days! So, because Charlottetown is having theirs today, I can't get my Police Certificate until tomorrow! C'mon people! I need to book tickets! I want to get on with my life! The waiting for the NOA2 is the easy part I tell ya.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Oh wow, I can imagine how much you can't wait to get out of there.

I think it's the country altogether that's just starting to get to me. We just ran out of water, too, and will just have to wait until it decides to "arrive" again... <_<

/complaints

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I think it's the country altogether that's just starting to get to me. We just ran out of water, too, and will just have to wait until it decides to "arrive" again... <_<

/complaints

Sorry about the water lol........There is no substitute.

Timeline

I think everyone else's nonchalant attitude towards it is even more maddening. I must look like such a psycho getting angry about "little things" like no water and dirty kitchens. :lol: It makes me feel so high maintenance!

But jeez, I think your truck beats my water problem. :blink:

Edited by oohpartiv

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

I think everyone else's nonchalant attitude towards it is even more maddening. I must look like such a psycho getting angry about "little things" like no water and dirty kitchens. :lol: It makes me feel so high maintenance!

You spoiled gringo you..........

/complaints

That sounds like my wife's country. Those that can afford to, keep a tank on the roof they draw from to get through those regular shut offs.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

That sounds like my wife's country. Those that can afford to, keep a tank on the roof they draw from to get through those regular shut offs.

Most new houses have those here, but unfortunately for me my husband's family lives in an old building, so we have to deal with whatever the city feels like giving us. We only run out once every few weeks, but still... that's too often for my liking. :wacko:

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

My truck, yesterday, wind, brick............

563424_10151487701828489_1280630007_n.jpg

Brick-1, Truck-0

Heck I count the brick wall at least 2, got that car also. How hard was the wind to take down the wall?

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My in-laws.

I love my husband's family, but living with them has sent me over the deep end. They've all realized that we keep a stock of groceries in our room (extra toilet paper, q-tips, toothpaste, laundry detergent, etc) and seem to think this is an open storage closet where they can come in and grab what they want whenever they need it... yet when we run out, nobody offers to pitch in to buy some more, as though we were frickin' millionaires.

Also, my MIL who thinks she's a doctor/pharmacist/lawyer/nutritionist. I can't stand her telling me what I should be eating to lose weight (though I am perfectly comfortable with my weight, she seems to think I'm "a bit too chubby"), or what papers we should be doing for my husband's visa, or what pills I should take when I have X ailment. The other day she used our new bathroom scale, and because she turned out to weigh more than she thought she did, she told us the scale was broken and we should return it. <_< Or when she tells me what size pants I used and then tells me I'm wrong with they're smaller than she thought.

And my husband's slobby younger sister who cooks and leaves disgusting scenes in the kitchen. Gnats smother old fruit, ants crowd the countertops covered in anonymous sticky substances, and dirty dishes are piled high in the kitchen. The fridge and stove/oven that my husband and I brought from our apartment are DISGUSTING, and I've resorted to keeping the few food stuffs we buy in our bedroom, in order to avoid the revolting kitchen altogether.

Two more months and we'll hopefully be out of this house... LORD. :rolleyes:

LOL, this reminds me a lot of the same issues I sometimes have with Indian families. Except for the cleanliness part. My in laws including my BIL are meticulous about cleaning and neatness. A dish will hardly go unwashed for more than an hour, laundry never piles up, and floors get mopped daily.

The major issue I have is with the medical advice. It's not just my husband's family. It seems like almost every Indian I meet tries to push this on me. I understand they are trying to be helpful but sometimes its just downright ridiculous. I get sick a lot when I go to India, the nasty "please kill me now" stomach upset that has you lying on the floor moaning in pain. After vomiting my guts out repeatedly for hours, the last thing I want to do is put more food in my stomach but my in laws insist on me eating. They cook up a healthy portion and urge me to eat and I just look at them like "uuggghhhh".

Another time I broke out into hives and one Indian woman who I knew for only a day tried to diagnose me saying that it was "definitely bed bugs". I told her that they are definitely not bug bites but she kept insisting yes definitely and then her husband agreed with her telling me "I should be more careful". I finally caved in and said look I'm a biologist and part of my job is studying insects so I know the look and pattern a parasite leaves on human skin after it feeds on blood. The pattern of my rash was not consistent with the way bed bugs feed. They both just looked at me after I told them this and said "Noooo" in a way that what I said was the stupidest most unintelligent thing anyone has ever said and replied "no this is absolutely bed bugs." tongue_ss.gif

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

My Moen faucets suck eggs......1 of them, the supply line with plastic fittings snapped and water was all over the basement last night. The Kitchen one, the galvanized bracket inside of the body totally disintegrated.... both faucets 7 years old.

However, moen's service was impeccable. sending new replacement faucet for kitchen, and replacement part for bathroom.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

/complaints

Kind of like how in India, the electricity just "decides" to go out and nobody has any idea when it will come back on again. whistling.gif

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

I can't complain about my in laws, I like them, they're great. (Especially after I dragged their innocent 18 year old daughter around for years, then left her, then came back to marry her, they welcomed me back).

No rant about in laws from me.

Shame on you guys for ranting about your in laws. Oh that would break my own rule about negative opinion on other people's opinions...

OK....No shame !!

Timeline

LOL, this reminds me a lot of the same issues I sometimes have with Indian families. Except for the cleanliness part. My in laws including my BIL are meticulous about cleaning and neatness. A dish will hardly go unwashed for more than an hour, laundry never piles up, and floors get mopped daily.

The major issue I have is with the medical advice. It's not just my husband's family. It seems like almost every Indian I meet tries to push this on me. I understand they are trying to be helpful but sometimes its just downright ridiculous. I get sick a lot when I go to India, the nasty "please kill me now" stomach upset that has you lying on the floor moaning in pain. After vomiting my guts out repeatedly for hours, the last thing I want to do is put more food in my stomach but my in laws insist on me eating. They cook up a healthy portion and urge me to eat and I just look at them like "uuggghhhh".

Another time I broke out into hives and one Indian woman who I knew for only a day tried to diagnose me saying that it was "definitely bed bugs". I told her that they are definitely not bug bites but she kept insisting yes definitely and then her husband agreed with her telling me "I should be more careful". I finally caved in and said look I'm a biologist and part of my job is studying insects so I know the look and pattern a parasite leaves on human skin after it feeds on blood. The pattern of my rash was not consistent with the way bed bugs feed. They both just looked at me after I told them this and said "Noooo" in a way that what I said was the stupidest most unintelligent thing anyone has ever said and replied "no this is absolutely bed bugs." tongue_ss.gif

Sounds like latinos. Yesterday my husband's aunt lectured for me for an hour about how American women run off with men too early and life and have children too early. Apparently she had seen some day time talk show (based in Miami with Caribbean participants, mind you) and is now convinced that Americans have no morals. Love being lectured by foreigners about my own country. :blink:

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016