SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That is a lot of money for a figurine! :unsure: That is like our electric bill for 3 months! :blink:

The real rant should be about how there's a hole in the middle of our couch and that's how he chooses to spend his money.

That will be his 4th figure like that.

Then his 5th one finishes paying off next month

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

The real rant should be about how there's a hole in the middle of our couch and that's how he chooses to spend his money.

I've literally freaked out at my husband for buying junk food with our money instead of healthier and cheaper food. Our cash reserves get smaller every month with living over here and the immigration expenses and I hate that. I'm not looking forward to the ~$1100 we will have to pay for the medical and fees plus the travel costs to Stockholm. :wacko:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

He really should buy a new couch...

I've literally freaked out at my husband for buying junk food with our money instead of healthier and cheaper food. Our cash reserves get smaller every month with living over here and the immigration expenses and I hate that. I'm not looking forward to the ~$1100 we will have to pay for the medical and fees plus the travel costs to Stockholm. :wacko:

The cost of living is pretty high in Denmark?

Timeline

He really should buy a new couch...

The cost of living is pretty high in Denmark?

For most things, but the base salaries are higher. There is no "working poor." I can't wait to get back to America and reduce our cost of living by a ton. My husband's salary will decrease, but so will the taxes so it will even out. Plus, we won't have rent expenses anymore. That will be a huge savings.

Seriously, a pretty good couch from Ikea doesn't cost much more than that.

3/26/18 Biometrics

That's another rant. In Ecuador, they eat guinea pigs (cuy). The takeout restaurants have menu-boards for pollo (chicken) and cuy. When I first saw this, I told Mrs. T-B.-to-be, "We don't eat our PETS!" She replied, matter-of-factly, that people in Ecu will even eat cats if that's all there is. I wonder why all the roosters are still alive, given that not all are appropriate for the cockfights.

Si, man. :thumbs: You HAVE contributed to the "Wedgies" poll, huh man? Recruit others -- participation in this societal fundamental is crucial, see man.

I contributed eagerly in the wedgies poll, si man!

I am currently just waiting for the results to be published officially.

Do what rich people do, take a half bottle of sleeping pills, 12 valiums, and then wash it down with some alcohol :)

That sounds like something that would be termed the Elvis!

New Rant:

My husband purchased this on 1/29.

It was listed as in stock and shipping w/in 72 hours.

The next day we called about it, and they told us it's shipping around the 20th.

On the 19th, we get a warning that it's about to be charged.

20th we get charged, and it changes status to 'shipping soon' which means w/in 72 hours.

Friday 2/22 we call and ask and they say maybe ship by end of day, maybe ship monday.

Call yesterday 2/25 and they say hopefully ship by wednesday 2/28.

I tell lady that that will be FOUR weeks and we only ordered it because it said it was shipping now.

She told me that was absolutely untrue.

Just kept telling me I was wrong wrong wrong.

I told her the website says it will ship w/in 72 hours.

She says no, 'shipping soon' means 5-7 days.

I tell her that her website says 72 hours.

She tells me again no no no 5-7 days.

Last night I write an angry email telling them we might cancel our order.

Hoping to get a 25 dollar gift card like others have gotten.

Next Rant:

Wrote an angry letter to office star about my desk chair.

I bought it with my tax return last year for $170.

It feels like complete #######.

The cushion is gone.

The chair creaks.

It's wobbly.

I bought it to replace my last chair that I bought it 2008 for $80 just because it was getting a little ratty.

Thank god I kept it so I can switch it back out.

That is one crazy darned expensive toy!!! That's almost a round trip ticket from New Jersey to San Diego! Or a brand new surf board!

I have captured the scene for you guys, so you can understand a man's feelings when he finds toilet paper empty, and pink polka dot towel in his bathroom............

313756_10151502797673489_363822226_n.jpg

Digging the digs yo!!

That is a time where the man needs to gently guide her husband with a boot to the head to spend his money more wisely!

Your married, it's ya'lls money!

I don't know, to me it just seems like a wasted $200 some odd dollar piece of plastic that will just gather dust. I probably just don't "Understand" though. hahahahaha

Rant - I went to take a shower this morning and while, thankfully, I had hot water I had no water pressure. It was like the shower was going pee on me!

Come to find out they are flushing out the water hydrants all this week, awesome!!!!

So I get to have no water pressure for my morning to 2pm activities all week!

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Timeline

Errrmmm this is totally a weird rant:

So I'm down the block in our apartment complex's washing machines, washing towels yet again when an Asian (maybe Thai?) immigrant comes up to me and starts talking to me in English. Now, this a fairly common thing that happens to me in the washing room because I have a sign over my head that says "immigrants come speak English to me". So, she's attempting to say something to me in English but could only get out maybe 3 or 4 words in English that made sense, so she switches to Danish... which was slightly better but not by much. I had no idea what she was saying to me besides "to poser" (two bags). After about two minutes of trying to talk to her in Danish or English I gave up. I think she is going to steal one of my laundry bags. I have no idea. Why would someone start speaking in English when their Danish was better? Hmmmm? After profusely apologizing to her in English and Danish for not understanding I sort of ran away. :huh: Plus, I feel bad because she was so sweet.

I'd like to have a day in the laundry room that involves me not having to switch between Danish/English/French with all the other immigrants as we stumble around attempting to understand each other. The natives and I understand each other just fine. :bonk:

Edited by Nola123

3/26/18 Biometrics

Errrmmm this is totally a weird rant:

So I'm down the block in our apartment complex's washing machines, washing towels yet again when an Asian (maybe Thai?) immigrant comes up to me and starts talking to me in English. Now, this a fairly common thing that happens to me in the washing room because I have a sign over my head that says "immigrants come speak English to me". So, she's attempting to say something to me in English but could only get out maybe 3 or 4 words in English that made sense, so she switches to Danish... which was slightly better but not by much. I had no idea what she was saying to me besides "to poser" (two bags). After about two minutes of trying to talk to her in Danish or English I gave up. I think she is going to steal one of my laundry bags. I have no idea. Why would someone start speaking in English when their Danish was better? Hmmmm? After profusely apologizing to her in English and Danish for not understanding I sort of ran away. :huh: Plus, I feel bad because she was so sweet.

I'd like to have a day in the laundry room that involves me not having to switch between Danish/English/French with all the other immigrants as we stumble around attempting to understand each other. The natives and I understand each other just fine. :bonk:

I totally understand how you feel. I am always having to switch between English/Poor English/Worse English/Broken English, it really does get very tiring!

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I wonder why all the roosters are still alive, given that not all are appropriate for the cockfights.

they keep those around to annoy, irritate, and wake up visiting gringos. ;)

my rant - snow - again!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Rant-

So as I was reading VJ and the news just now, I had to go #2....I live in a 3 story house and I have a man-cave bathroom in the loft. So I go to my bathroom and the toilet paper was down to the last sheet (you can picture the visible brown paper core of the roll). Now we store the toilet paper in the basement. So I hold it in, and go down 3 flights of stairs, open the closet door, and I see the giant pack of toilet paper from costco. My wife had cut a hole on top of the packing just big enough to manipulate her tiny little hand into and wiggle out 1 roll of paper. the pack was almost full, so it was impossible for me to reach in, maneuver the roll into an exiting position, and remove it.....finally I lose my patience and ripped open the package with bear-like ferocity. The rolls go flying all over the place, now realizing that I'm not able to make it back to the loft in time, I detoured myself to the first floor bathroom with new roll in hand, but there was a full roll of toilet paper already there..........

The rant- I didn't get to use my man-cave bathroom this morning.

Oh, Tiff also left me a pink polka dot towel to use in my man-cave bathroom.....

Is a man cave bathroom one where you're allowed to leave the toilet seat up? Because pink towel and man cave together, sounds like the wrong kind of man cave.

My #2 rant is the bathroom we have attached to the engineering department where I work. Before going into the bathroom, you pass a little area where the coffee pot, refrigerator, and microwaves are. Its also where the light switch which controls lights for both rooms are. Now to save electrical power, they have a motion activated timer on that switch. So if you're really getting down to business and maybe decide to check something on your phone while you're at it, blink out go the lights. You can't even wave your hand to get the lights back on because the motion sensor is in the other fricken room! A couple times I've had to finish up and get things back together in pitch blackness.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Damn it, she stole my bag!

Mind you it was only one of the blue Ikea bags that everyone here uses, but I did make it clear to her in 2 languages that they were mine. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Looking at big roll of paper towels in the picture and wondering what the problem was with the empty roll.

I have captured the scene for you guys, so you can understand a man's feelings when he finds toilet paper empty, and pink polka dot towel in his bathroom............

313756_10151502797673489_363822226_n.jpg

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In my husband's defense, the toys, THESE toys, I should say, are a decent investment.

They're done in limited runs and almost instantly double in value once they are out of production.

The hundreds of transformers he has? Not so much.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This happens to me when I go to the store. People see that I'm foreign (I've been told I "look American", whatever that means. :blink: ) and immediately try to speak English with me. A fluent English speaking Ecuadorian is a RARE find, so most of the time I can't understand a damn thing they're saying and just talk to them in Spanish... as they continue to try to speak English, even though I can obviously speak Spanish. Then they get frustrated when I can't understand their awful English. :bonk:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016