SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I am realizing that since this is the slow time of the year for my line of work it is starting to cost me a decent amount of money being home this much without having my wife here to supervise me. To alleviate said boredom I have begun taking the house apart in a very non-systematic way. Last week I pulled the underside of the porch apart and have yet to put it back together properly, since a storm was coming and it was flippin cold that day, I have half a window casing pulled apart in the office with a hole in the wall half way patched with the office itself half way primed. I have random base boards pulled or half way reinstalled/stripped/repainted. When I finished the door casing going from the living room to the dining room I found out the wall behind the tv was as straight as a boomerang. Since I was captain amazing I reinstalled the door casing level and perfect only to have a 3/4" gap behind the board due to a fore mentioned wall. The door from the kitchen to the laundry room is stripped down the bare wood.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I need to go back to work or find a waiver for the interview that has something to do with the lack of my wife's supervision and what it is causing to our house!

#3 - My furrin language is the same as yours Mr. TB.

Wow man, you've got quite a bit going on. I'm also a DIYer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Rant #1: Not enough bona fide RANTS in the last 6 or more pages of this thread, no man.

Rant #2: STILL haven't heard the Danish word for wedgie, no man.

Rant #3: Still need to hear the [other furrin language] words for wedgie, si man.

1# - I have friends coming to visit tomorrow, and they're staying a few days, so I should probably get to straightening up the house, BUT there's no water. Laundry, mopping, cleaning dishes, or even showering will not be happening until the water decides to show up. To say I'm annoyed would be an understatement.

#3 - You probably know this already but the Spanish phrase for wedge is "calzon chino" ("chinese underwear").

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

did you feed the dog?

I even went the extra mile and went to buy a bottle of water so at least THEY could have something to drink.

Rant: People who make threads that say "I got an email from USCIS that says 'Post Decision Activity - Approved'. What does this mean? Is this bad?" :bonk: SWEET LORD, WHAT DOES "APPROVED" MEAN? And you couldn't have done a search first!? Gah!

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

I even went the extra mile and went to buy a bottle of water so at least THEY could have something to drink.

Rant: People who make threads that say "I got an email from USCIS that says 'Post Decision Activity - Approved'. What does this mean? Is this bad?" :bonk: SWEET LORD, WHAT DOES "APPROVED" MEAN? And you couldn't have done a search first!? Gah!

next time answer......"It means that you go to America and play the Powerball and you're gonna be rich :)"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Ok, that and all the standard approval threads. I mean, I'm interested to know when someone has waited a really long time or done something interesting with their case, but "I'm approved" with not a lot of posts, maybe no timeline filled out or relevant info in their signature, etc.

"Good for you? Anything else?"

Rant- at some point today, I'm going to have to go to work. But I dun wanna go to work............

Why are you bragging that you've got a job?

Ok, so I missed out on Lindsey Stirling's last European tour, I'm going to miss her CT show, and she is coming back here and playing not even a mile away in June and maybe I'll miss that too. :bonk:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Rant-

So as I was reading VJ and the news just now, I had to go #2....I live in a 3 story house and I have a man-cave bathroom in the loft. So I go to my bathroom and the toilet paper was down to the last sheet (you can picture the visible brown paper core of the roll). Now we store the toilet paper in the basement. So I hold it in, and go down 3 flights of stairs, open the closet door, and I see the giant pack of toilet paper from costco. My wife had cut a hole on top of the packing just big enough to manipulate her tiny little hand into and wiggle out 1 roll of paper. the pack was almost full, so it was impossible for me to reach in, maneuver the roll into an exiting position, and remove it.....finally I lose my patience and ripped open the package with bear-like ferocity. The rolls go flying all over the place, now realizing that I'm not able to make it back to the loft in time, I detoured myself to the first floor bathroom with new roll in hand, but there was a full roll of toilet paper already there..........

The rant- I didn't get to use my man-cave bathroom this morning.

Oh, Tiff also left me a pink polka dot towel to use in my man-cave bathroom.....

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Timeline

Ok, so I missed out on Lindsey Stirling's last European tour, I'm going to miss her CT show, and she is coming back here and playing not even a mile away in June and maybe I'll miss that too. :bonk:

Oh I saw her a few days ago on one of those morning shows. Impressive arrangement of music. If she's the one that arranged her own music, then she's great. Her skill as a violinist is far from virtuoso tho.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Rant-

So as I was reading VJ and the news just now, I had to go #2....I live in a 3 story house and I have a man-cave bathroom in the loft. So I go to my bathroom and the toilet paper was down to the last sheet (you can picture the visible brown paper core of the roll). Now we store the toilet paper in the basement. So I hold it in, and go down 3 flights of stairs, open the closet door, and I see the giant pack of toilet paper from costco. My wife had cut a hole on top of the packing just big enough to manipulate her tiny little hand into and wiggle out 1 roll of paper. the pack was almost full, so it was impossible for me to reach in, maneuver the roll into an exiting position, and remove it.....finally I lose my patience and ripped open the package with bear-like ferocity. The rolls go flying all over the place, now realizing that I'm not able to make it back to the loft in time, I detoured myself to the first floor bathroom with new roll in hand, but there was a full roll of toilet paper already there..........

The rant- I didn't get to use my man-cave bathroom this morning.

Oh, Tiff also left me a pink polka dot towel to use in my man-cave bathroom.....

You want to rant about pooping?

I poop too damn much.

I could rant all day about my IBS.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

New Rant:

My husband purchased this on 1/29.

It was listed as in stock and shipping w/in 72 hours.

The next day we called about it, and they told us it's shipping around the 20th.

On the 19th, we get a warning that it's about to be charged.

20th we get charged, and it changes status to 'shipping soon' which means w/in 72 hours.

Friday 2/22 we call and ask and they say maybe ship by end of day, maybe ship monday.

Call yesterday 2/25 and they say hopefully ship by wednesday 2/28.

I tell lady that that will be FOUR weeks and we only ordered it because it said it was shipping now.

She told me that was absolutely untrue.

Just kept telling me I was wrong wrong wrong.

I told her the website says it will ship w/in 72 hours.

She says no, 'shipping soon' means 5-7 days.

I tell her that her website says 72 hours.

She tells me again no no no 5-7 days.

Last night I write an angry email telling them we might cancel our order.

Hoping to get a 25 dollar gift card like others have gotten.

Next Rant:

Wrote an angry letter to office star about my desk chair.

I bought it with my tax return last year for $170.

It feels like complete #######.

The cushion is gone.

The chair creaks.

It's wobbly.

I bought it to replace my last chair that I bought it 2008 for $80 just because it was getting a little ratty.

Thank god I kept it so I can switch it back out.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

New Rant:

That is a lot of money for a figurine! :unsure: That is like our electric bill for 3 months! :blink:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

New Rant:

It was listed as in stock and shipping w/in 72 hours.

The next day we called about it, and they told us it's shipping around the 20th.

On the 19th, we get a warning that it's about to be charged.

20th we get charged, and it changes status to 'shipping soon' which means w/in 72 hours.

Friday 2/22 we call and ask and they say maybe ship by end of day, maybe ship monday.

Call yesterday 2/25 and they say hopefully ship by wednesday 2/28.

I tell lady that that will be FOUR weeks and we only ordered it because it said it was shipping now.

She told me that was absolutely untrue.

Just kept telling me I was wrong wrong wrong.

I told her the website says it will ship w/in 72 hours.

She says no, 'shipping soon' means 5-7 days.

I tell her that her website says 72 hours.

She tells me again no no no 5-7 days.

Last night I write an angry email telling them we might cancel our order.

Hoping to get a 25 dollar gift card like others have gotten.

Next Rant:

Wrote an angry letter to office star about my desk chair.

I bought it with my tax return last year for $170.

It feels like complete #######.

The cushion is gone.

The chair creaks.

It's wobbly.

I bought it to replace my last chair that I bought it 2008 for $80 just because it was getting a little ratty.

Thank god I kept it so I can switch it back out.

For that kinda price, he was better off with a Batman suit (so you guys can do some freaky stuff).

A good office chair cost about 4-500 dollars.

You want to rant about pooping?

I poop too damn much.

I could rant all day about my IBS.

Sorry about your IBS lol, please refer to my "Home Remedies" thread....