SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

5'10 is a pretty normal height for an American man, isn't it? When I first moved here and the first time I flew over on a Dutch flight....I was in awe at how tall everyone was and now I don't even notice. I think for a Dane, I'm about average for women of all ages at 5'6", but a little shorter than the women in my generation but it isn't overly noticeable.

You're probably right, 5'10" is pretty average. He's considered tall here, though, so when he met my brother (6'1" at 18) and my Dad (6'4") he was a little overwhelmed.

I didn't know Danes were known for their height! I've actually only met one Dane. She was an exchange student at the school I was working at last year, and even though she was only 15 she quickly became known for what an "easy" girl she was. People are very gossipy here, though, so I'm sure she was just having fun and everyone else was quick to judge. If you pull your hair into a ponytail here the wrong way, people talk. :rolleyes:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You're probably right, 5'10" is pretty average. He's considered tall here, though, so when he met my brother (6'1" at 18) and my Dad (6'4") he was a little overwhelmed.

I didn't know Danes were known for their height! I've actually only met one Dane. She was an exchange student at the school I was working at last year, and even though she was only 15 she quickly became known for what an "easy" girl she was. People are very gossipy here, though, so I'm sure she was just having fun and everyone else was quick to judge. If you pull your hair into a ponytail here the wrong way, people talk. :rolleyes:

There are some here like that, but most people are a little more normal by American standards. I've never dated here and I don't go around asking people how many partners they've had so I don't know.

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

:thumbs:

Hubby's family owns a gym and while we're waiting for his visa to come through he's been working there and thus become a health/exercise nut. He's always been athletic (soccer, beach handball, volleyball) but working at a gym and being there all day has really driven his hobby into overdrive. Needless to say he's in much better shape than I am, but I really don't think I'm in terrible shape! I go for a run every afternoon (probably like 3 miles or so) and do some light weights to avoid getting squishy. :blink: As long as you're physically active and watch what you eat, you're doing better than most, IMO.

My husband is very thin. Underweight actually. I haven't asked his weight recently but a month ago he told me 52 Kilos (114 lbs) :blink: . He's 5' 11" so he seriously needs to pack on some pounds. It's not like he doesn't eat either. He's not extremely active but he does play cricket a lot and sometimes soccer plus the amount of walking an average Indian does in a day.

As for me, I'm happy with my weight. I do have to stay in pretty decent shape for my job (lots of hiking, carrying heavy equipment through woods, long days) but since I've been laid off, I've become sedentary. Gotta get running again. This miserable weather has made my motivation absolute zero. Stupid Punxatawney Phil, he promised spring was on its way!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

There are some here like that, but most people are a little more normal by American standards. I've never dated here and I don't go around asking people how many partners they've had so I don't know.

But your SIL volunteered that info to you. So therefore, all Danish chics must be like that :)

My husband is very thin. Underweight actually. I haven't asked his weight recently but a month ago he told me 52 Kilos (114 lbs) :blink: . He's 5' 11" so he seriously needs to pack on some pounds. It's not like he doesn't eat either. He's not extremely active but he does play cricket a lot and sometimes soccer plus the amount of walking an average Indian does in a day.

As for me, I'm happy with my weight. I do have to stay in pretty decent shape for my job (lots of hiking, carrying heavy equipment through woods, long days) but since I've been laid off, I've become sedentary. Gotta get running again. This miserable weather has made my motivation absolute zero. Stupid Punxatawney Phil, he promised spring was on its way!

Hey you know, dehydration will prevent him from gaining weight too....if he's very active and eats a lot, look at his water intake.

Timeline

But your SIL volunteered that info to you. So therefore, all Danish chics must be like that :)

Keep dreaming. :lol:

I am pissed off that I can't sleep and I dislike my husband's work schedule...

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

my ex was 6'4 130lbs

he had to gain weight before theyd let him in the military

oldlady.gif

Jennifer Lawrence sackriders.

She sucked in SLP. Also it sucked as a film.

I am now watching Jessica Chastain's non-nominated film of the year and it out-shines Lawrence's performance by a long shot.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

my ex was 6'4 130lbs

Does not compute. :huh:

I've never been with a guy under 6'2" and they've all been a long way from that. Did he just have a super metabolism?

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Jennifer Lawrence sackriders.

She sucked in SLP. Also it sucked as a film.

I am now watching Jessica Chastain's non-nominated film of the year and it out-shines Lawrence's performance by a long shot.

Wacko........

:whistle:

I've never been with a guy under 6'2" and they've all been a long way from that. Did he just have a super metabolism?

May be he had a tape worm.......and also infected KDH's cat............:o

Wacko........

:whistle:

I mean if you want to contest her performance to another in the academy line-up, please do.

I think she won it based on "up and coming" and treated it like a piece of dog-###### under her shoe. Sorry dear, that's not how it works.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

I mean if you want to contest her performance to another in the academy line-up, please do.

I think she won it based on "up and coming" and treated it like a piece of dog-###### under her shoe. Sorry dear, that's not how it works.

LMAO right over your head..........I was referring to that other dude calling you a wacko in the other thread, remember? (I can't even remember what thread it was, it was a retarded thread)

LMAO right over your head..........I was referring to that other dude calling you a wacko in the other thread, remember? (I can't even remember what thread it was, it was a retarded thread)

oh jeez lo siento. I've been up in arms with people posting their scissor love for the Lawrence.

And yes...some people cannot take a joke! Me included apparently! I am laughing so hard right now.

Had a long day of film that breaks my heart....need someone to joke me out of it (L)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yes

he had to drink so many weight gain shakes and eat foods high in carbs and fat

good thing i love mcdonalds

oldlady.gif

yes

he had to drink so many weight gain shakes and eat foods high in carbs and fat

good thing i love mcdonalds

mcd's sauage biscuits are literally one of the only things that remind me of my childhood. I was bribed with one to go to a family funeral when I was 6. I'll never forget.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

my ex was 6'4 130lbs

he had to gain weight before theyd let him in the military

When we met, my husband had a size 28 waist. :blink: Since then he's fattened up a bit and doesn't look so... undernourished.

Rant: My MIL just barged into our bedroom, voice volume 12 on a scale of 10, shouting about if we'd fed the dog yet or not. It's nearly 10:30 PM here and hubby is already asleep since he has to get up early for work. Well, WAS asleep... <_< I don't understand how knocking, whispering, and general courtesy (especially at 10:30 PM on a Monday) are so difficult to comprehend. Anyway, if she'd just LOOKED in the dog's dish she'd have seen that he already has food... :bonk:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016