SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Dilemma....

1- I'm hungry

2- Too lazy to go outside

3- There's a left over burger king chicken sandwich in my half-sized office fridge

4- The sandwich was put there last wednesday......

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a recipe for disaster. I refuse to eat fast food unless I am driving to a job site at midnight or some other such nonsense.

There may be horse in that chicken!!!!

Rant: Americans who refuse to file for those things and make their spouse a virtual prisoner for whatever reason. It is just not right. IMO, K1s need to be done away with and everyone should file for a CR/IR1.

My wife and I have discussed this recently and came to the same conclusion.

It kills me that a lot of the K1 filers are no job having college kids expecting their parents to take on the huge responsibility of the I-864. Before I dropped out of college I was working full time and taking 22 units. If a dumby like me can do it why can't these snot nosed kids?

Starting off their marriage kicking a huge responsibility down the road for someone else to deal with.

Rant: Why are so many bums allowed to approach cars at intersections begging for money!

I don't think there has been any legislation limiting the amount of bums per corner yet. Maybe you can author it and send it for review?

At the corner near my old office in downtown San Diego the bums used to stand the corner in shifts. There would be one bum working it with 3-4 bums hanging out in the shadows taking a break.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I second that! But for me its window washers... Stopped at three red lights on my way to work today.. had my wind screen washed 3 times.. even though I was in the car waiving my arms around screaming no thank you at the top of my lungs!!! :bonk:

Do what we do in the bum capital. Turn on your wipers !

Rant: Americans who refuse to file for those things and make their spouse a virtual prisoner for whatever reason. It is just not right. IMO, K1s need to be done away with and everyone should file for a CR/IR1.

I kinda feel bad that I dated Tiff for 6 years while she was on overstay. Took me a long time to commit to marriage...

Sounds like a recipe for disaster. I refuse to eat fast food unless I am driving to a job site at midnight or some other such nonsense.

There may be horse in that chicken!!!!

I ordered Chinese instead....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I kinda feel bad that I dated Tiff for 6 years while she was on overstay. Took me a long time to commit to marriage...

You are bad. :P 6 years, really? If that is true, she is an incredibly patient woman. :wow:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Rant: Why are so many bums allowed to approach cars at intersections begging for money!

People here do that, but instead of being old men, they send their little children to do it and it drives me crazy. It makes me so mad when you go out drinking and there are little kids going from bar to bar asking for money at 2 AM. What kind of parents would make their kids do that? :huh: And they do the obnoxious thing where they walk up to you in a restaurant and ask for money or try to sell you something (gum, mints, etc). The mere fact that they're annoying me while I'm eating is enough for me to say NO, regardless of what they're selling. I AM EATING, GO AWAY.

Edited by oohpartiv

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Rant: K-1 couples who have zero savings for (and dim knowledge of the need for) AOS/EAD/AP fees.

Yep, yep. Mr. SinghSingh and I waited almost 2 years to file for this reason. When I was laid off again, I was overjoyed to find out that my unemployment checks will be considered income for the I-864. I just don't think its someone else's responsibility (in this case my mother who agree to be my co-sponsor in an emergency) to put themselves on the hook for MY husband.

Edited by AKSinghSingh79

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

People here do that, but instead of being old men, they send their little children to do it and it drives me crazy. It makes me so mad when you go out drinking and there are little kids going from bar to bar asking for money at 2 AM. What kind of parents would make their kids do that? :huh: And they do the obnoxious thing where they walk up to you in a restaurant and ask for money or try to sell you something (gum, mints, etc). The mere fact that they're annoying me while I'm eating is enough for me to say NO, regardless of what they're selling. I AM EATING, GO AWAY.

Same in India. They come up to me and ask "Sister, please help". My husband angrily scolds them and asks them why they are not in school. Which is a good question because in India government schools provide free books, free meals, and even free clothes (uniforms). The kids respond by staring at their feet and remaining silent. I can't really blame the children though (some of them are as young as 3 years old!). It's their parents who teach them that this is the right thing to do and push them to beg on the streets.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

It happens a lot in Argentina and Tijuana as well. Drives me nuts!

Also in Argentina in some areas there are mob types that "help" you find parking and you pay them for this "service" so nothing happens to your car. There are dozens of little 10 year olds and younger kids doing this work. But, while I didn't like to see it, it is the norm down there. Whats a gringo to do?

November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!

Timeline

Do what we do in the bum capital. Turn on your wipers !

We don't really have a problem with corner bums in Pittsburgh. The ones I see are the so called "pity scammers" (I made that phrase up).

I've seen this at least 5 times already when I go into the city. I've also seen it once in Newark. They are always holding a few bags. I'm never sure what is actually in them but they always say the same thing (groceries).

It starts by them claiming they have some disability or depressed status. So far I've heard disabled veteran, bipolar, schizophrenia, among others. They then proceed to flash a card (they never show it long enough for you to actually read it) which is apparently proof of their status. They then say that the salvation army, food bank, or other charitable organization has been kind enough to provide them with food (hence the grocery bags) but they are short on cash. Their reasons for needing vary including cab fare, hotel accomodation, etc...

I got to hand it to them though. It is pretty well thought out. I've seen it so much though it's getting old.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

You are bad. :P 6 years, really? If that is true, she is an incredibly patient woman. :wow:

I met her 2001, she went into over stay 2002. I married her 2008. I wasn't ready lol. Yes she's incredibly patient, waited all that time. She says she always knew tho, that one day we would be married.

Timeline

In china, they stalk your car. You park and go eat, when you come out, your car is immaculate. Then the kids approach you for $$. But at least your car gets washed 3 times a day lol

We don't really have a problem with corner bums in Pittsburgh. The ones I see are the so called "pity scammers" (I made that phrase up).

I've seen this at least 5 times already when I go into the city. I've also seen it once in Newark. They are always holding a few bags. I'm never sure what is actually in them but they always say the same thing (groceries).

It starts by them claiming they have some disability or depressed status. So far I've heard disabled veteran, bipolar, schizophrenia, among others. They then proceed to flash a card (they never show it long enough for you to actually read it) which is apparently proof of their status. They then say that the salvation army, food bank, or other charitable organization has been kind enough to provide them with food (hence the grocery bags) but they are short on cash. Their reasons for needing vary including cab fare, hotel accomodation, etc...

I got to hand it to them though. It is pretty well thought out. I've seen it so much though it's getting old.

My office is in Pittsburgh.

I forget where it is but the best Indian food I have ever had in my life was there. It was near a little Irish store. Wish I remembered where it was, I fell in love with their food! And the tea! OMG!

I'm gushing! hahahahaha

Rant - I hate IPhones! They suck!!!!

Timeline

Ok, I got an email back from scopsscata about our case, but I am choosing to ignore it. When our I-130 is all approved and we have our CR1, I will post it in the thread...just to prove a certain insistant poster wrong about it not going back to MSC (WRONG, WRONG, WRONG), but I won't jinx what is going on right now. Now I am all freaking nervous again. Damn it.

Let's just hope the left hand isn't talking to the right.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Ok, I got an email back from scopsscata about our case, but I am choosing to ignore it. When our I-130 is all approved and we have our CR1, I will post it in the thread...just to prove a certain insistant poster wrong about it not going back to MSC (WRONG, WRONG, WRONG), but I won't jinx what is going on right now. Now I am all freaking nervous again. Damn it.

Let's just hope the left hand isn't talking to the right.

keeping my fingers scrossed for you guys.

Timeline

keeping my fingers scrossed for you guys.

Yep, but it put such a damper on my day. #&$*#$&*(#&*.

Ok, what pisses me off is people who think it is barbaric to take your husband's last name. Really?

3/26/18 Biometrics