SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

:lol: You know my mother is joint sponsoring and we are living with her while waiting for the other house to sell, right? She is even paying for my husband's university education. :yes: #spoiledbratproblems

I'm guilty of this, too. :blush: Definitely not intending to stay there for the long run like KDH says (I'd kill someone after a while) but we're planning on staying with my Dad at least for the first few months until we can get some stability insofar as jobs/apartment/school, etc. My Dad's handicapped anyway and could use the help around the house, so I don't feel too spoiled doing it. :whistle: Plus, it's difficult to move back to the States and automatically be 100% independant. It's a different situation than those USC who LIVE in the States and just have no motivation to get a job/establish their own lives away from Mom and Dad.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm guilty of this, too. :blush: Definitely not intending to stay there for the long run like KDH says (I'd kill someone after a while) but we're planning on staying with my Dad at least for the first few months until we can get some stability insofar as jobs/apartment/school, etc. My Dad's handicapped anyway and could use the help around the house, so I don't feel too spoiled doing it. :whistle: Plus, it's difficult to move back to the States and automatically be 100% independant. It's a different situation than those USC who LIVE in the States and just have no motivation to get a job/establish their own lives away from Mom and Dad.

This^^

Those that are like 'I need my parents to co-sponsor because I'm a student and have never filed taxes'

THEN DONT GET MARRIED!

I know, I was teasing. :innocent: I think a lot of returning USCs from abroad do it.

I have a problem with how some of these people think it is going to be magically easy for their spouse to find a job with really sub par English skills, etc.

I normally knock on the Danish immigration system, but I like the policy that both spouses must be 24 years old, the Dane has to be working, and the foreigner has to be able to survive in Denmark some how through a combination of education or language skills.

24. I like that!

Quite honestly, I think it's the young 19/20 year olds that could easily get taken advantage of with immigration fraud.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

My sister doesn't appreciate when I mention having sex.

Usually, it follows her texting me 'where are you?' then I say 'sorry, we were doing it'

Then she's all OMG I DONT NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS!

Whatever, she asked.

We wanna know these things...(because we're a bunch-a- nosy f*cks, so feel free to tell us everytime you or your sister "does it"......

Timeline

What parts are you from? The PA boondocks? I have 2 Godsons in Driftwood PA (near Emporium in the alleghenies). Cameron county.

You're situation is very differnt Partiv. You went abroad, and met someone. You had to make a choice. And you seem like you have good planning.

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Timeline

Can an OP be thread-banned for derailing a topic, huh man?

There's still no answer here as to the Danish word for "wedgie," no man.

Hey hey...I didn't derail this topic.....they did ---->

I've been holding on to this one for a while.

Rant: That bit of cereal left in the bottom of the box that is too much for your current bowl, but not enough for a second one.

You forgot to mention the 4 teaspoonfuls of milk left in the jug.....

Timeline

Ah, I forgot that one! My friends fondly call me "la gringa" which used to annoy me but no longer does.

My rant: My MIL does this obnoxious thing where she turns off the water during random points in the day for seemingly no reason and then LEAVES, resulting in me waking up this morning and stumbling into the bathroom still half asleep to take a shower and brush my teeth only to find that water wouldn't come out of the spigot. dry.gif I have no idea where to go to turn on the stupid water either, and since I'm home alone I basically have to sit here smelly until my husband comes home. :bonk: dkgfjhdkfljfhgksfa.

Solution....get small plastic cup, scoop water out of toilet tank. Or water closet (which ever one you have) to brush your teeth......dental hygene is important you know.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

What parts are you from? The PA boondocks? I have 2 Godsons in Driftwood PA (near Emporium in the alleghenies). Cameron county.

My friends jokingly call it "pennsyltucky" :whistle: I like in southeastern York county, in New Park. It's really small, and right over the MD line. It was a nice place to grow up but too "small town America" for me so I bolted as soon as I graduated. Typical gossipy neighbors, working at local convenience stores kind of lifestyle if you know what I mean.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

How about the swallow of coffee left in the pot? I lost it on a kid at work one day. He literally took the last cup and put the pot back (gd thing is so old and burnt its not see thru anymore.) I pick it up and go to pour... Instant glare at him and "Are you f**king serious dude? You take the last cup, and put it back with a miserable swallow then sit there and look at me? You stupid sh*t, make more f**king coffee!" Everyone laughs. I need the plaque from Walmart that says "Instant human. Just add coffee". I had to show him HOW to make coffee too. Kids think things just magically appear like Santa is always in the house. No you spoiled little monster, they don't. (My kid is guilty too... Made her wash dishes yesterday with me lol). Parents really need to tteach their kids how to take care of themselves as adults. It's a not enough to just make sure they reach adulthood.

Look two rants in one. It's bonus day!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

My friends jokingly call it "pennsyltucky" :whistle: I like in southeastern York county, in New Park. It's really small, and right over the MD line. It was a nice place to grow up but too "small town America" for me so I bolted as soon as I graduated. Typical gossipy neighbors, working at local convenience stores kind of lifestyle if you know what I mean.

Oh yes. Driftwood PA. Population 1100. I showed up for my Godson's HS graduation and everyone in the bleachers knew I was his Godfather, and that his dad and I were friends from the Marines. I'm sure they knew which car was mine, and where I was staying (There's only 1 motel in town). SO I bought the family dinner that night. The nearest decent restaurant was in St. Mary (Pizza Hut) 46 miles away......

The greatest people in America. Sitting in those bleachers for 3 hours, I must have been invited to 3 dozen BBQs, fishing spots,

dinners, hunting trips, etc.....

How about the swallow of coffee left in the pot? I lost it on a kid at work one day. He literally took the last cup and put the pot back (gd thing is so old and burnt its not see thru anymore.) I pick it up and go to pour... Instant glare at him and "Are you f**king serious dude? You take the last cup, and put it back with a miserable swallow then sit there and look at me? You stupid sh*t, make more f**king coffee!" Everyone laughs. I need the plaque from Walmart that says "Instant human. Just add coffee". I had to show him HOW to make coffee too. Kids think things just magically appear like Santa is always in the house. No you spoiled little monster, they don't. (My kid is guilty too... Made her wash dishes yesterday with me lol). Parents really need to tteach their kids how to take care of themselves as adults. It's a not enough to just make sure they reach adulthood.

Look two rants in one. It's bonus day!

Feel free to tell us how you really feel Niki.......:)

Even I, who doesn't really believe in it was working when I got married for the first time at 20. I don't think it is hard at all to get a job that will pay the bills. I worked overnights at Target at the time and went to school during the day. The added income from night shift would have probably qualified me to sponsor a spouse. :yes:

:lol: You know my mother is joint sponsoring and we are living with her while waiting for the other house to sell, right? She is even paying for my husband's university education. :yes: #spoiledbratproblems

Living with parents is kind of a mixed bag. It is hard to set up a new marriage when you have no privacy, but with how some of these relationships were formed I'm kind of glad that a parent might be watching out for abuse or keeping an eye on things. I hate to say it this way, but I really don't think most people are really adults in America until 22+. Delayed adolescence, much?

Yes but there is a big difference, you've worked and learned some independence. At 22 and finally being an adult? That may be about the average now in the USA. In some cases its much much longer now. I know parents that have kids near 30 that haven't left the nest yet :blink: I've read a lot of horror stories of new brides finding themselves living with their husband's parents, while their husband acts like he's still in high school. Again not really an adult yet, and not taking on the responsibilities of adulthood. There are exceptions to every rule though, and I'm sure some cases have worked out just fine. But to me on the whole its asking for more trouble in a process that is already prone to problems cropping up.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

(...) It's a different situation than those USC who LIVE in the States and just have no motivation to get a job/establish their own lives away from Mom and Dad.

I think the parents are at fault too if they agree to such a thing! If it was my child, I'd flat out say no! Get a job first..show me you are serious and committed to this and then I'll help, if you need it!

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

Solution....get small plastic cup, scoop water out of toilet tank. Or water closet (which ever one you have) to brush your teeth......dental hygene is important you know.......

Back at my wife's family home there is no toilet tank. You flush by pouring water in the bowl with a tabo. Which is actually what you shower with to.

tabo.jpg

BTW even though we have a tank on our toilets, the tabo is still a require necessity for my wife, which is found either on the toilet tank or in the shower in our house. The dog loves when she leaves it in the shower, as it gets fresh water in it more times per day than the dog's water bowl.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

I think the parents are at fault too if they agree to such a thing! If it was my child, I'd flat out say no! Get a job first..show me you are serious and committed to this and then I'll help, if you need it!

I'm gonna make my 3 year old daughter earn her keep around here from today on ! Starting with the dishes.....

Timeline

Back at my wife's family home there is no toilet tank. You flush by pouring water in the bowl with a tabo. Which is actually what you shower with to.

tabo.jpg

BTW even though we have a tank on our toilets, the tabo is still a require necessity for my wife, which is found either on the toilet tank or in the shower in our house. The dog loves when she leaves it in the shower, as it gets fresh water in it more times per day than the dog's water bowl.

LMAO I have about 6 of those in my house......My wife has one of those showers that spit water at you from like 6 different directions....and she still use this thing to bathe lol

Wait....but I have to admit, this thing is super handy for bathing my daughter.....

Edited by SteveAndTiff

I'm gonna make my 3 year old daughter earn her keep around here from today on ! Starting with the dishes.....

I remember doing dishes with my brothers as a kid. We pulled the kitchen chairs over to the sink and counter to do them. One washing, one drying and the third putting the dishes away. I don't recall how old we were, but I do know we couldn't see the counter top without standing on the chairs.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016