SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Why can't anyone in India keep the spelling of my husband's name consistent?

They've spelled his first name a number of different wrong ways and his last name as well. He continuously gives officials multiple forms of ID with his proper spelling and they still fudge it up. Can you imagine how annoying this is now that we are going through immigration? On every one of his bio forms I have to provide every messed up spelling of his name on "alternative names used". :bonk:

And to every Indian who argues with me about his first name....It is Kirpal NOT Kripal! I understand that Kripal is a name too and is more common than Kirpal but Kirpal IS my husband's first name. I can't tell you how many Indian people have argued with me that I am spelling or pronouncing his name wrong. I would think my husband knows the spelling and pronounciation of his own dang name! :ranting: When it is transliterated into Hindi devanagari script there is a large noticeable difference. Here is the difference: Kripal = कृपाल. Kirpal = किरपाल.

And it's not just him, I've also had my own name misspelled on documents in India such as hotel receipts. On one hotel receipt they added an "L" to the end of my name for no apparent reason after I showed them my passport, driver's license, and credit card with my correct spelling. WHY????

Edited by AKSinghSingh79

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Why can't anyone in India keep the spelling of my husband's name consistent?

They've spelled his first name a number of different wrong ways and his last name as well. He continuously gives officials multiple forms of ID with his proper spelling and they still fudge it up. Can you imagine how annoying this is now that we are going through immigration? On every one of his bio forms I have to provide every messed up spelling of his name on "alternative names used". :bonk:

And to every Indian who argues with me about his first name....It is Kirpal NOT Kripal! I understand that Kripal is a name too and is more common than Kirpal but Kirpal IS my husband's first name. I can't tell you how many Indian people have argued with me that I am spelling or pronouncing his name wrong. I would think my husband knows the spelling and pronounciation of his own dang name! :ranting: When it is transliterated into Hindi devanagari script there is a large noticeable difference. Here is the difference: Kripal = कृपाल. Kirpal = किरपाल.

And it's not just him, I've also had my own name misspelled on documents in India such as hotel receipts. On one hotel receipt they added an "L" to the end of my name for no apparent reason after I showed them my passport, driver's license, and credit card with my correct spelling. WHY????

how do you do that.....:blink: make your computer write those squiggly lines that resemble hindi....?

I hate bosozuko http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bōsōzoku :bonk:

Some locals complain about military planes flying about in daylight YET those goddamnd motorcyclists can't keep their metallic pieces of ####### quiet in the wee hours of the morning!

I don't often wish ill on people, but it's hard not to when you can't get a good hour of sleep!

Edited by ivyanddan

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

how do you do that.....:blink: make your computer write those squiggly lines that resemble hindi....?

I used Quillpad :)

http://www.quillpad.in/editor.html

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm upset that after having EVERYTHING organized and in perfect order, at my K1 interview they rejected my Police Certificate because it didn't list my maiden name on it. I GAVE the Commissionaires my maiden name. After tearing up a bit and told that I'm approved pending that proper certificate I know have to WAIT to get a new one, THEN pick it up in Surrey, drive to LOOMIS in Burnaby to send it, spending another 4 hours of my life driving. I'm glad it was only that that was wrong but I felt so defeated! Still waiting for that call to go pick up my police certificate...GRRRRR.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Fast food order takers that are required to ask you to up size that, add a dessert with that, donate to their charity with that, etc... Then apparently Thank You is no longer in the English language, so "thank you, have a nice day" has been replaced with "Have a good one". Maybe all the syllables used asking me for things I would have ordered had I wanted it in the first place, had to get chopped off the end of transaction conversation.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm upset that after having EVERYTHING organized and in perfect order, at my K1 interview they rejected my Police Certificate because it didn't list my maiden name on it. I GAVE the Commissionaires my maiden name. After tearing up a bit and told that I'm approved pending that proper certificate I know have to WAIT to get a new one, THEN pick it up in Surrey, drive to LOOMIS in Burnaby to send it, spending another 4 hours of my life driving. I'm glad it was only that that was wrong but I felt so defeated! Still waiting for that call to go pick up my police certificate...GRRRRR.

When I read this, I imagined the cat in your avatar saying it.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My in-laws.

I love my husband's family, but living with them has sent me over the deep end. They've all realized that we keep a stock of groceries in our room (extra toilet paper, q-tips, toothpaste, laundry detergent, etc) and seem to think this is an open storage closet where they can come in and grab what they want whenever they need it... yet when we run out, nobody offers to pitch in to buy some more, as though we were frickin' millionaires.

Also, my MIL who thinks she's a doctor/pharmacist/lawyer/nutritionist. I can't stand her telling me what I should be eating to lose weight (though I am perfectly comfortable with my weight, she seems to think I'm "a bit too chubby"), or what papers we should be doing for my husband's visa, or what pills I should take when I have X ailment. The other day she used our new bathroom scale, and because she turned out to weigh more than she thought she did, she told us the scale was broken and we should return it. <_< Or when she tells me what size pants I used and then tells me I'm wrong with they're smaller than she thought.

And my husband's slobby younger sister who cooks and leaves disgusting scenes in the kitchen. Gnats smother old fruit, ants crowd the countertops covered in anonymous sticky substances, and dirty dishes are piled high in the kitchen. The fridge and stove/oven that my husband and I brought from our apartment are DISGUSTING, and I've resorted to keeping the few food stuffs we buy in our bedroom, in order to avoid the revolting kitchen altogether.

Two more months and we'll hopefully be out of this house... LORD. :rolleyes:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My in-laws.

I love mine too, but if I have to keep a straight face one more time when my SIL tells me how many STDs she has had or partners, well, I'm probably going to crack.....

All my muscles have been cramped up all week, my arthritis is acting up, and I have a sore throat that just will not go away. I wonder if I have the world's longest and mildest flu or I'm just becoming old. :unsure:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

My in-laws.

I love my husband's family, but living with them has sent me over the deep end. They've all realized that we keep a stock of groceries in our room (extra toilet paper, q-tips, toothpaste, laundry detergent, etc) and seem to think this is an open storage closet where they can come in and grab what they want whenever they need it... yet when we run out, nobody offers to pitch in to buy some more, as though we were frickin' millionaires.

Also, my MIL who thinks she's a doctor/pharmacist/lawyer/nutritionist. I can't stand her telling me what I should be eating to lose weight (though I am perfectly comfortable with my weight, she seems to think I'm "a bit too chubby"), or what papers we should be doing for my husband's visa, or what pills I should take when I have X ailment. The other day she used our new bathroom scale, and because she turned out to weigh more than she thought she did, she told us the scale was broken and we should return it. <_< Or when she tells me what size pants I used and then tells me I'm wrong with they're smaller than she thought.

And my husband's slobby younger sister who cooks and leaves disgusting scenes in the kitchen. Gnats smother old fruit, ants crowd the countertops covered in anonymous sticky substances, and dirty dishes are piled high in the kitchen. The fridge and stove/oven that my husband and I brought from our apartment are DISGUSTING, and I've resorted to keeping the few food stuffs we buy in our bedroom, in order to avoid the revolting kitchen altogether.

Two more months and we'll hopefully be out of this house... LORD. :rolleyes:

Oh wow, I can imagine how much you can't wait to get out of there.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

I love mine too, but if I have to keep a straight face one more time when my SIL tells me how many STDs she has had or partners, well, I'm probably going to crack.....

All my muscles have been cramped up all week, my arthritis is acting up, and I have a sore throat that just will not go away. I wonder if I have the world's longest and mildest flu or I'm just becoming old. :unsure:

For sore throats, please refer to my Home Remedies thread.......

Definitely scratching Denmark off my bucket list...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

you know what really burns my ####? People who ask for your advice and then argue with you about it because they don't like it. Hey! It's my advice and you asked for it. You don't like it? Don't take it.

Next time I'll send you a bill.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

my SIL tells me how many STDs she has had or partners

:blink:

A Swede and a Dane were sitting on a park bench smoking a cigarette. It started raining and then the Swede pulled out a condom and covered his cigarette so he could continue smoking. Now the Dane was wondering what it was because his cigarette was drenched and he couldn't smoke it anymore. He asked the Swede what it was and where he could get some. "They're called condoms, and you can get them in that pharmacy over there." The Dane went off to the pharmacy and asked for some condoms. The pharmacist asked him what size he would like. The Dane thought for a while and then replied: "Ones that fit a camel."

Timeline

I also don't like the knuckleheads around here that wanna kill you because...............

You believe in one thing, and they don't

You like one thing, and they don't

You want red, but they want green

You say 1, and they say 2

You guys get the point.....

:blink:

A Swede and a Dane were sitting on a park bench smoking a cigarette. It started raining and then the Swede pulled out a condom and covered his cigarette so he could continue smoking. Now the Dane was wondering what it was because his cigarette was drenched and he couldn't smoke it anymore. He asked the Swede what it was and where he could get some. "They're called condoms, and you can get them in that pharmacy over there." The Dane went off to the pharmacy and asked for some condoms. The pharmacist asked him what size he would like. The Dane thought for a while and then replied: "Ones that fit a camel."

:lol: