SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
My 80yrs old neighbor has a rooster.. A ROOSTER! [...] if only i can get my hands around his scrawny lil neck!
If a genie emanated from a bottle and granted me 3 wishes, Wish #2 would be to travel to Ecuador and strangle a million roosters.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
Hey this is a ranting thread!

Now I'm going to rant that there isn't enough ranting!!!! devil.gif

Can an OP be thread-banned for derailing a topic, huh man?
To London, UK.
There's still no answer here as to the Danish word for "wedgie," no man.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
The threads I find even more annoying are the "how long" questions. How long will it take to get my NOA2? How long does NVC take? How long does it take to schedule my interview? How long does it take to get my visa? How long does it take to get my green card? The annoyance factor is cranked up by 1000 if these same questions are accompanied by "please help" or "I don't know what to do!"
My (least) favorites are the fairly regular "Help! He washed his pants with his passport & visa in the pocket!" Has anyone ever heard of "check all pockets of all clothing BEFORE throwing anything into the machine," huh man?

My (least) favorites are the fairly regular "Help! He washed his pants with his passport & visa in the pocket!" Has anyone ever heard of "check all pockets of all clothing BEFORE throwing anything into the machine," huh man?

I leave it up to the person who wore the clothes to check the darn pockets. If I do your laundry, that's in the dirty laundry basket, and something gets washed (or is now mine in the case of $$$ kicking.gif) NOT MY PROBLEM!!! LOL laughing.gif Learn to do yer own laundry then. I always clean out my pockets before I put my clothes in the laundry pile. Guess someone else will have to learn that too. MUWHAHAHAA! yes.gif

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

how about APPROVED WHAT DO I DO NOW?

If you aren't smart or interested enough to use the search function or check the guides, you don't deserve an answer IMO.

Do people stop on the street at every corner and ask some stranger where to turn next? :bonk:

Ooooooo I've got such a wise crack for this lmao but you'll kill me............<biting tongue>

Don't piss off a woman. :innocent:

Patience is a virtue!

Says someone who got approved quickly. ;)

:P

(I jest, really)

On our Thanksgiving road-trip, Mini-B. was becoming restless in his car seat. He was repeating things that we were saying, so the following resulted:

T.-B.: Say besa...

Mini-B.: Bay?

T-B.: Mi...

Mini-B.: Meeeee.

Mrs. T-B.: Don't you dare!

T-B. [intentionally oblivious]: Culo!

Mini-B. [in delight]: Coooooo-yo!

Mrs. T-B. [quite displeased]: I don't want you teaching him those words!

T-B. [proudly]: You said that you wanted him to be bilingual, and this is father-son bonding.

Mrs. T-B. [rather hard, on T-B.'s shoulder]: :bonk:

(Note: "Besa mi culo" approximately means "smooch my hindquarters," si man.)

I have no idea where my daughter learned this because I am the only English speaker she has contact with save maybe sneaking some South Park on TV, but "What the heck" has entered her vocabulary. I know I should be horrified and put a stop to it, but I just can't bring myself to. :whistle:

Speaking of rant worthy, my daughter was speaking Danish to me last night and I had no idea what she was saying.

I need to work on my Danish or the teenage years are going to go poorly for me as a parent. :lol:

There's still no answer here as to the Danish word for "wedgie," no man.

I'll ask the Dane when he gets home. He tells me these things and they are in one ear and out the other.

The Danish post site still hasn't updated the tracking, but the Royal Mail site, despite saying they don't accept foreign tracking numbers gave me this gem this morning, "Your item, posted on 22/02/13 with reference LX018871325DK was delivered in WEST LONDON MW on 25/02/13" except that we posted it on the 21st. :blink: Danish Post....get your act together!

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The Danish post site still hasn't updated the tracking, but the Royal Mail site, despite saying they don't accept foreign tracking numbers gave me this gem this morning, "Your item, posted on 22/02/13 with reference LX018871325DK was delivered in WEST LONDON MW on 25/02/13" except that we posted it on the 21st. :blink: Danish Post....get your act together!

The USPS has a rant worthy tracking system for post.

Canada, however, is pretty darn schnazzy.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I've been holding on to this one for a while.

Rant: That bit of cereal left in the bottom of the box that is too much for your current bowl, but not enough for a second one.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

My SIL can manage to text me that she got lucky last night, but my husband can't text me back to tell me whether he called the doctor. :rolleyes:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

My SIL can manage to text me that she got lucky last night, but my husband can't text me back to tell me whether he called the doctor. :rolleyes:

My sister doesn't appreciate when I mention having sex.

Usually, it follows her texting me 'where are you?' then I say 'sorry, we were doing it'

Then she's all OMG I DONT NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS!

Whatever, she asked.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

omg omg i got a good one.

Rant:

19 year olds who have never worked asking how to have their mommy/daddy co-sponsor their spouse.

If you aren't working, how are you able to have a wedding (K1) and how are you able to participate in a functional marriage (CR1/IR1).

I don't understand why children feel that it's appropriate to get married and not have to file tax returns.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think you should be looking to get married OR sponsor a spouse if you have no freaking job :bonk:

oldlady.gif

Rant:

19 year olds who have never worked asking how to have their mommy/daddy co-sponsor their spouse.

If you aren't working, how are you able to have a wedding (K1) and how are you able to participate in a functional marriage (CR1/IR1).

I don't understand why children feel that it's appropriate to get married and not have to file tax returns.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think you should be looking to get married OR sponsor a spouse if you have no freaking job :bonk:

OMG yes. I have no income, I live with mommy and daddy, who will co-sign, but I need to bring over a fiancée/fiancé now! Not only do they have no concept of the costs to bring an immigrant spouse to this country, they have no concept of the costs to even support themselves yet. While I sympathize with them wanting to be with someone they love, get a friggen job and learn a touch of independence first. Don't burden your parents with supporting your spouse, or making your spouse's life a living he11, because they're stuck living under mommy and daddy's rules and house. I truly wonder how many of these relationships workout in the end, and how many times the immigrant runs away screaming.

My personal rant of the morning, missing my sleep window for some reason and then having no ability to get to sleep at a reasonably hour if I do miss it.

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

My sister doesn't appreciate when I mention having sex.

Usually, it follows her texting me 'where are you?' then I say 'sorry, we were doing it'

Then she's all OMG I DONT NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS!

Whatever, she asked.

Hers was out of the blue, but I love her like a sister despite it all. :luv:

Rant:

Even I, who doesn't really believe in it was working when I got married for the first time at 20. I don't think it is hard at all to get a job that will pay the bills. I worked overnights at Target at the time and went to school during the day. The added income from night shift would have probably qualified me to sponsor a spouse. :yes:

OMG yes. I have no income, I live with mommy and daddy, who will co-sign, but I need to bring over a fiancée/fiancé now! Not only do they have no concept of the costs to bring an immigrant spouse to this country, they have no concept of the costs to even support themselves yet. While I sympathize with them wanting to be with someone they love, get a friggen job and learn a touch of independence first. Don't burden your parents with supporting your spouse, or making your spouse's life a living he11, because they're stuck living under mommy and daddy's rules and house. I truly wonder how many of these relationships workout in the end, and how many times the immigrant runs away screaming.

My personal rant of the morning, missing my sleep window for some reason and then having no ability to get to sleep at a reasonably hour if I do miss it.

:lol: You know my mother is joint sponsoring and we are living with her while waiting for the other house to sell, right? She is even paying for my husband's university education. :yes: #spoiledbratproblems

Living with parents is kind of a mixed bag. It is hard to set up a new marriage when you have no privacy, but with how some of these relationships were formed I'm kind of glad that a parent might be watching out for abuse or keeping an eye on things. I hate to say it this way, but I really don't think most people are really adults in America until 22+. Delayed adolescence, much?

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Hers was out of the blue, but I love her like a sister despite it all. :luv:

Even I, who doesn't really believe in it was working when I got married for the first time at 20. I don't think it is hard at all to get a job that will pay the bills. I worked overnights at Target at the time and went to school during the day. The added income from night shift would have probably qualified me to sponsor a spouse. :yes:

:lol: You know my mother is joint sponsoring and we are living with her while waiting for the other house to sell, right? She is even paying for my husband's university education. :yes: #spoiledbratproblems

Living with parents is kind of a mixed bag. It is hard to set up a new marriage when you have no privacy, but with how some of these relationships were formed I'm kind of glad that a parent might be watching out for abuse or keeping an eye on things. I hate to say it this way, but I really don't think most people are really adults in America until 22+. Delayed adolescence, much?

Your situation is different than most of the ones I seem to read.

I'm talking about the ones that are clearly INTENDING to live with mommy and daddy with their spouse.

#######?!

I mean, I'm going to live with my parents for a max of 2 months until we find an apt, but that's it.

I have no intention of staying with them "because it's free"

wowowowowowow :bonk:

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Timeline

And, this is more Mexican than anything, but I, the gringo, would be known as "El Bolillo" (the white bread), see man.

Ah, I forgot that one! My friends fondly call me "la gringa" which used to annoy me but no longer does.

My rant: My MIL does this obnoxious thing where she turns off the water during random points in the day for seemingly no reason and then LEAVES, resulting in me waking up this morning and stumbling into the bathroom still half asleep to take a shower and brush my teeth only to find that water wouldn't come out of the spigot. <_< I have no idea where to go to turn on the stupid water either, and since I'm home alone I basically have to sit here smelly until my husband comes home. :bonk: dkgfjhdkfljfhgksfa.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Your situation is different than most of the ones I seem to read.

I'm talking about the ones that are clearly INTENDING to live with mommy and daddy with their spouse.

#######?!

I mean, I'm going to live with my parents for a max of 2 months until we find an apt, but that's it.

I have no intention of staying with them "because it's free"

wowowowowowow :bonk:

I know, I was teasing. :innocent: I think a lot of returning USCs from abroad do it.

I have a problem with how some of these people think it is going to be magically easy for their spouse to find a job with really sub par English skills, etc.

I normally knock on the Danish immigration system, but I like the policy that both spouses must be 24 years old, the Dane has to be working, and the foreigner has to be able to survive in Denmark some how through a combination of education or language skills.

3/26/18 Biometrics