SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

I thought The Hubs' and my relationship was doomed when I discovered he was a fan of the power ballad. They'll ruin more than your lunch. We have a deal now: he listens to the power ballads in the car on his way to work (alone) and I no longer limit my iPod playlists for the house stereo to songs with titles like "Counting Bodies Like Sheep (To The Rhythm of The War Drums)", which is actually an awesome song, if you hear it. whistling.gif Love me some A Perfect Circle!

I haven't heard of A Perfect Circle before so I had to Google it. blush.gif Although not my favorite, I was not complaining about the genre but the awful song itself. Why play a tragic song while people are eating in your restaurant? huh.gif

OK - my rant for the afternoon.

I hate, nay, loathe, young people complaining about power ballads. In their perfect little world, they have the power to change the music instantly...

OK, end of rant ...

----

Calypso - seriously - when you run across that #######, queue up something on yer iPod, give it to the manager with the AUX speaker jack and a 10 dollar bribe - they can accomodate you.

I don't think I'll ever own an iPod. I have a history of tinnitus so I am not comfortable with wearing headphones.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

It's once again about 95 degrees here, humidity 90% or so. The ac is not on, the ceiling fans running. I have told tiff that I will gladly pay for the electric bill for the month. The response is that the frugal family will take offense........

So here I sit, with my daughter, suffering. As I type, the phone keeps ringing asking us to visit. I refuse to go anywhere anymore so that tiff can neglect her child. Tiff has been quiet since last night. May be I finally got thru her thick skull......

Everything that my daughter holds in her hand, the 5 year old takes it from her. I'm very proud of her for her restraint.

My daughter, living up to her majestic name, Elizabeth, did the curtsey bow on several occasions. She drew much laughter, applause, and compliments from everyone. Then during the first wedding reception, she was sleeping on tiffs lap, and this kid spills a drink on her. Hence forth I kept her away from him.

Anyway, the relatives all love my daughter. But tiffs brothers and sisters, mother and father , while acknowledging her great behavior, practically ignores her, I think for fear of offending the other kid.

In turn, my daughter ignores them, and became very fond of my MILs 2 brothers, and her great grandfather. And they in turn, are very fond of this little American princess. I think little Beth found some friends for life here.....at least she has me, and the 3 other males here looking after her.

This will get retold to Beth when she's older. For my fear that she will blindly be nice to all these people.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Deepest Apologies, Steve - but I swear, I had in the back of my mind - Oh no, what if it's an anchor baby? ....

Seriously, you dodged a bullet, but ..... Maybe you can change him, as you can get him at an impressionable age? Just a thought, however malformed.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1364874582[/url]' post='6109665']

I suggest that you start the new one now and then we can ask a mod to close this one; otherwise, a mod might start the new rant thread for you. tongue.gif

Good idea

1364876188[/url]' post='6109712']

Deepest Apologies, Steve - but I swear, I had in the back of my mind - Oh no, what if it's an anchor baby? ....

Seriously, you dodged a bullet, but ..... Maybe you can change him, as you can get him at an impressionable age? Just a thought, however malformed.

No need for an apology at all dear friend. I sorta figured out that you didn't know the situation.

I definitely can change him. But he's not my son.

Hey everyone, let's wrap up out thoughts here and go over to the new thread.

I wanna be the last post! LAST POST!

i WILL RANT UNTIL I AM THE LAST POST!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss