SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

My six year old niece in the Philippines hints at having a tablet. My wife's family is rather shocked and embarrassed when ever we've stepped in to offer assistance. Its not asked for or expected, they know we have our own priorities. But we do keep tabs on the situation there, and step up to assist in emergencies. Currently we're building up a little fund of money there to bail out Momma when she runs out of money, and her sari sari is out of stock. She's somewhere around 80 years of age, but no one is really sure because all her documents have different birth years and she never gives out the same age twice in a row. :rofl: But she's very proud to do as much as she can to still support herself and the two special needs kids she adopted. We bought her teeth about a year ago after she had them all pulled because they were causing her so much pain. That's the biggest thing we've ever done.

That's good. Reminds me of my grandmothers. My maternal grandmother is almost 80 but she still runs and walks at least 3 km a day with her dogs. My 87-year-old paternal grandmother raises free-range native chicken (manok Bisaya). When we visited last year, she butchered one to make chicken curry and the following morning, we ate hardboiled eggs from one of her other existing hens. Her sister turned 90 two months ago and is still very active in raising pigs. I love those women. They have no demands despite their age.

Most of my family and relatives in the PH are not poor. They own homes, have extra lot for gardening, get access to Wi-Fi, eat three times a day and snack at least twice a day, can pay for running water and electricity, use multiple cell phones, etc. I don't know why they still like to whine and think that they need more. They even keep saying that they are poor.

Edited by Calypso
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

I had lunch in a Japanese restaurant a few minutes ago and I feel the need to rant because it seemed as if they've only washed my salad shortly before serving it with very little dressing and lots of water at the bottom of the bowl. The miso-marinated black cod was decent but I found it hard to swallow everything else since they were playing one sappy song after another. The worst among the songs was Tell Laura I Love Her.

"He drove his car to the racing ground he was the youngest driver there

The crowd roared as they started to race

Around the truck they drove at a deadly pace

No one knows what happened that day how his car overturned in flames

But as they pulled him from the twisted wreck

With his dying breath they heard him say

Tell Laura I love her tell Laura I need her

Tell Laura not to cry my love for her will never die..."

That's almost as horrific as Adele's songs and their kind.

Edited by Calypso
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I had lunch in a Japanese restaurant a few minutes ago and I feel the need to rant because it seemed as if they've only washed my salad shortly before serving it with very little dressing and lots of water at the bottom of the bowl. The miso-marinated black cod was decent but I found it hard to swallow everything else since they were playing one sappy song after another. The worst among the songs was Tell Laura I Love Her.

I thought The Hubs' and my relationship was doomed when I discovered he was a fan of the power ballad. They'll ruin more than your lunch. We have a deal now: he listens to the power ballads in the car on his way to work (alone) and I no longer limit my iPod playlists for the house stereo to songs with titles like "Counting Bodies Like Sheep (To The Rhythm of The War Drums)", which is actually an awesome song, if you hear it. whistling.gif Love me some A Perfect Circle!

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

LOL what type of crowd are they trying to attract? The over age 70? :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OK - my rant for the afternoon.

I hate, nay, loathe, young people complaining about power ballads. In their perfect little world, they have the power to change the music instantly...

OK, end of rant ...

----

Calypso - seriously - when you run across that #######, queue up something on yer iPod, give it to the manager with the AUX speaker jack and a 10 dollar bribe - they can accomodate you.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

OK, 1 more wake up and I'm outta here. The only thing I want to do today is to say goodbye to 2 of tiff's uncles whom have been the absolute best. And my daughter adores them. And then may be I can buy an effing coffee mug and a shot glass that says "Malaysia" on it?

so I've been here for 3 weeks. And I've seen this 5 yr old throw fits in shopping malls, other people's houses, restaurants, 2 weddings, and various other places. These fits consists of loud (top of the lung) crying, screaming, barking orders out to everyone, and pushing and shoving. I've seen this kid hit everyone of his aunts and uncles, grandma and grandpa....

And here I wonder, why is everyone still using the nurturing approach to raising this kid? This kid needs a beating everyday. (I don't believe in that, but thats what he needs).

This kid and I have an understanding. He doesn't start with me, my wife, or my daughter, and I don't beat the pis* outta him. This kid eats about 8 meals a day. He's 5 and a half yrs old, weighs 30 kg. has a belly protruding like a basketball. And has ox like strength.

There was one occasion where he was fighting (I really mean fighting) me for my ipad that I told him he cant use because he was being bad. So when I walked away from the ipad to tend to my daughter, he thought he could just steal it. When I try to take it back, he fought me for it. I am not exaggerating when I say "fight". I ended up flooring this kid, pinning him down, on the brink of literally punching this kid in the e. Then he was wise enuf to put his hands up and surrender. Since then, he has respected my authority. BTW, during all of this, no one thought I was right. (Including my wife).

This kid will no doubt, be thrown out of every school he attends. He will steal, he will hit his own mother.

Oh btw, where ever he went with us. Every time I bought my daughter something, he insisted that he be bought the same thing, throwing a fit everywhere. I am a generous person. And I would gladly buy him the same if he was a great kid. But in this case, I am giving his mother and father the bill for items bought.

If you guys remember, the original plans was to take this kid with us to HK and to the US.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

There was one occasion where he was fighting (I really mean fighting) me for my ipad that I told him he cant use because he was being bad. So when I walked away from the ipad to tend to my daughter, he thought he could just steal it. When I try to take it back, he fought me for it. I am not exaggerating when I say "fight". I ended up flooring this kid, pinning him down, on the brink of literally punching this kid in the e. Then he was wise enuf to put his hands up and surrender. Since then, he has respected my authority. BTW, during all of this, no one thought I was right. (Including my wife).

This kid will no doubt, be thrown out of every school he attends. He will steal, he will hit his own mother.

Oh btw, where ever he went with us. Every time I bought my daughter something, he insisted that he be bought the same thing, throwing a fit everywhere. I am a generous person. And I would gladly buy him the same if he was a great kid. But in this case, I am giving his mother and father the bill for items bought.

If you guys remember, the original plans was to take this kid with us to HK and to the US.......

blink.gif Who the hell thought it was a good idea for you guys to take this kid with you? In my opinion you were too generous buying him things - I would've told him too freaking bad! What a little monster. He definitely needs a good spanking. Imagine the horror he'll be when he's older! Jeez.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My rant for the hour.

I hate, nay, despise, even,

USCitizens that think they can easily 'export' a child out of a foreign country when the kids parents are still alive. To heck with the USA adoption laws and USCIS' requirements, just board a plane and go..

OK - end of rant...

----

Steve, you dodged a bullet on this one, matey. Good On Ya !!! Whilst you might have had an idea to bring him back, was there substantial immigration work done for a visa stamp in his passport ? Or maybe he is Singaporean? SG has VWP with USA, Malaysia does not.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

My rant for the hour.

I hate, nay, despise, even,

USCitizens that think they can easily 'export' a child out of a foreign country when the kids parents are still alive. To heck with the USA adoption laws and USCIS' requirements, just board a plane and go..

OK - end of rant...

----

Steve, you dodged a bullet on this one, matey. Good On Ya !!! Whilst you might have had an idea to bring him back, was there substantial immigration work done for a visa stamp in his passport ? Or maybe he is Singaporean? SG has VWP with USA, Malaysia does not.

If I recall correctly, this is an anchor baby born when the parents were tourists in the USA.

That kid is serious trouble, but at least he isn't stupid, he knew to give up before you .... If anyone would stand up to his brat fits, he'd give them up. But his parents give in because its easier to hive in that deny him. He's beaten everyone in the family and he knows it. You don't have to whack a kid to get them out of this habit, but you do have to say no and back it up. The worse he gets, the less he gets his way. Only ever reward good behavior.

I used to make my daughter sit in a special chairs when she pitched a fit. She could leave anytime she wanted, but the crying and/or tantrum had to stop first. It wasn't all that longer before the chair was retired and tantrums to get her way were a thing of the past. But this kid isn't your problem. Lets his parents fix him

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Yes, he's an anchor child, born in ny. Lend me your ear and I'll tell you guys a story.......

In 2005 or so....tiffs older sis, then 25, decided that she was going to do like tiff, and head to the USA to find her own American bf, and so she embarked on a journey that took her to NYC. There she met a Chinese Malaysian national. Little did she know, this guy is also on a visa overstay with nothing to offer. She decided to settle for what she found and returned to Malaysia. In 2007, she once again returns to the USA By herself, to have the anchor child. Her husband has a 10 year ban on him, so he cannot return to the USA.

She leaves for Malaysia again with this child and he's been here since. Since her husband is not able to make a substantial living, they struggle with help from my father in law.

Now, it's my sister in laws wish that we repatriate this kid to the us, to be followed by them in the distant future.

Now, my sister in law is a sweet girl, pretty, naive, stupid......very nice.

A pure unused girl 25 years old, travels to the USA to find a loser 12 years her senior with nothing to offer. And yes, I can see her regret. The guy is now 43, penniless, and all concerned about his parents and his brother. Lives with his wife's side of the family. Now I dunno how much you guys know of the Chinese/ Malaysian culture......but once a female marries, she is considered to have married out. Out to the male side, don't come back......their situation is considered to be a shame, an embarrassment.

I spoke to many relatives here, and all I hear is how useless this guys is. And how terrible my sister in law married.

I can also see the envy that my sister in law has for tiff. The younger sis that shared a scooter with the older sis going to school married into everything that girls dream of.

So back to the kid, the parents work and live in Ipoh, 3 hrs drive away, where he is from. And the kid stays here with the female side because the male side of the family doesnt want anything to do with him......They return once in awhile to see the kid. And this is how the kid is allowed to run wild, and be the king where ever he goes......

And to think that they thought that I was going to assume that responsibility. And tiff almost did it. How absurd. Now that , really would have meant divorce....

Timeline

And now back to " the days of our lives".....

The newly weds returned from their honeymoon last night with gifts from Bali. I visited the house that was bought for them, and it's bigger than my house in NYC. (of course I brag, not as nice). I guess they didn't like the pergo floors and wanted to borrow money to install granite. Or they want a jacuzzi like tiffs. May be a touch2o faucet like ours.....( btw, for the first 2 weeks, I found myself touching the faucets here to try to turn them on and off). May be theyre not content with 2 corollas and want a jaguar like his uncle. Whatever it is, all I hear is how much ringgit this guys makes (upwards of 3k USD a month, which is well to do here). But I guess no one heard about the asking for a hand out. 28 years old couple? Really? Wanna live like me?

I told him that if he wants to continue his education in the USA, I'd help him out by providing room and board.....and I think that's a little generous. Because when I was 28, I was working full time and still going to graduate school.....sleeping on a mattress on the floor. And I had already served several years in the marines....

Knowing what I have done in my life, and seeing my father in laws difficult life, and what he did to improve it. I find it very difficult for me to have any respect for this young couple.

Timeline

Hey if VJ cuts this thread, and I'm not around to start the new rant. Whoever starts the new thread, I would like it to be called " the rant, reloaded" thanks lol.

And please repost the same rules.

And btw, I can't tell you enough, how grateful I am for all your moral support. At least I know I'm not effing crazy.

Hey if VJ cuts this thread, and I'm not around to start the new rant. Whoever starts the new thread, I would like it to be called " the rant, reloaded" thanks lol.

And please repost the same rules.

And btw, I can't tell you enough, how grateful I am for all your moral support. At least I know I'm not effing crazy.

Will do! :D

Or should we just start a new one anyhow?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Great question, you guys decide. I won't be offended.

I suggest that you start the new one now and then we can ask a mod to close this one; otherwise, a mod might start the new rant thread for you. tongue.gif

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg