SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sick too. Sick of this God-forsaken place, and physically sick.....

Sick of Tiff, once again putting her past family ahead of her immediate family. Talk of divorce is arising again. (Based on Tiff's wild disregard for me and daughter).

Sick of everything here. And sick of the non stop visiting relatives. And no one believes in air conditioning here (They all have the AC unit, but no one ever turns them on. even with guests in the house). Everywhere I go, it's effing HOT and humid. Nothing ever dries in this place. Every single bathroom floor is wet. Every car's interior is 130 degrees. 90 % of Kuala Lumpur is third world. Why am I here?

Heat makes me crabby too

oldlady.gif

I'm sick too. Sick of this God-forsaken place, and physically sick.....

Sick of Tiff, once again putting her past family ahead of her immediate family. Talk of divorce is arising again. (Based on Tiff's wild disregard for me and daughter).

Sick of everything here. And sick of the non stop visiting relatives. And no one believes in air conditioning here (They all have the AC unit, but no one ever turns them on. even with guests in the house). Everywhere I go, it's effing HOT and humid. Nothing ever dries in this place. Every single bathroom floor is wet. Every car's interior is 130 degrees. 90 % of Kuala Lumpur is third world. Why am I here?

I'm really highly surprised they're not turning on the AC when they have a guest. I guess in that regard, Malaysians are nothing like Filipinos. A typical Filipino would do anything possible to make sure a guest is taken care of in their home. Down to even feeding you their last bit of food, even knowing they'll be hungry tomorrow. Although your average person has no AC, or car.

I personally can't understand why Tiff is failing to see how she's driving you and your daughter ragged. She's been away from the country long enough to, you'd think the heat would be wearing on her to.

Why are you there? I'd guess to support your wife in visiting her homeland and family, which she hasn't done in many years. And because you love her enough to put up with all that cap even if she's currently blind to the situation she's creating. Its almost over now, hang tough.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I failed to mention that the milk here sucks, the yogurt sucks, the cheese sucks. My daughter won't touch it. She's been living on fruits and white rice. And this week I found a strawberry milk that she'll drink. I bought her a box of gummy bear vitamins from a GNC I came across.

And to Tiff, it was perfectly OK that her daughter ate nuttin but white rice for 2 weeks.

With runnin around visiting all the relatives, I have not even been able to find an effing coffee mug for a souvenir.

I'm now in such a foul mood that I know I can't possibly enjoy HK for a week.

This place is misery. But I know there's a lot worse. I've seen it, been in it, my job has taken me to it. But on my terms, not Tiff's terms. And not with my daughter.

Timeline

I'm really highly surprised they're not turning on the AC when they have a guest. I guess in that regard, Malaysians are nothing like Filipinos. A typical Filipino would do anything possible to make sure a guest is taken care of in their home. Down to even feeding you their last bit of food, even knowing they'll be hungry tomorrow. Although your average person has no AC, or car.

I personally can't understand why Tiff is failing to see how she's driving you and your daughter ragged. She's been away from the country long enough to, you'd think the heat would be wearing on her to.

Why are you there? I'd guess to support your wife in visiting her homeland and family, which she hasn't done in many years. And because you love her enough to put up with all that cap even if she's currently blind to the situation she's creating. Its almost over now, hang tough.

some of Tiff's family are genuinely sincere. And all their efforts to make my trip better are greatly appreciated. But it got to be too much...too busy, too much running around.

Yes, Tiff failed to see that she was driving us ragged, even when daughter falls asleep everywhere. And I was sick for 4 days...She was too busy making everyone else happy.

Timeline

You think it is a little wanting to show you guys off and thinking she won't be back any time soon?

____

No, Tiff is just effing crazy trying to cater to everyone but her husband and daughter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I failed to mention that the milk here sucks, the yogurt sucks, the cheese sucks. My daughter won't touch it. She's been living on fruits and white rice. And this week I found a strawberry milk that she'll drink. I bought her a box of gummy bear vitamins from a GNC I came across.

And to Tiff, it was perfectly OK that her daughter ate nuttin but white rice for 2 weeks.

With runnin around visiting all the relatives, I have not even been able to find an effing coffee mug for a souvenir.

I'm now in such a foul mood that I know I can't possibly enjoy HK for a week.

This place is misery. But I know there's a lot worse. I've seen it, been in it, my job has taken me to it. But on my terms, not Tiff's terms. And not with my daughter.

I sympathize on the crappy dairy. I refuse to eat any of the cheese or drink any of the milk here. It's truly disgusting.

You've made it this far, Steve, you've only got a little over a day left! Almost to the end!

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

flying out in 36 hours. The trip is now so miserable that I had a big blow out with tiff. About her non-stop going from place to place like a bat outta hell. Me, and my daughter are exhausted. She's sleeping everywhere she goes. staying out all day in 100 degree weather cramped into a toyota corolla with 6 others going from relative to relative is not my idea of a good time.

Tiff has been so inconsiderate about me, my daughter, and my buddy that it's nothing but misery. The weather is unbearable, the country is filthy. At this point, I just want to skip HK all together and just go straight home. I don't like to blame people, but Tiff has ruined this trip for all of us.

Ya know Steve, you've been ranting a lot about Tiff, and her lack of concern regarding "her immidiate family". Just a thought, pack up your friend, daughter, and yourself. Head to HK,or skip it and head to a motel room with air conditioning, room service, pool, and enjoy a few days vacation without the issues. This actually might be a good thing and a wake up call to her as well as you guys getting a break from all of the #######..

Like the song says; Watch me as my jeans sag low when I walk out the door,, I'm going to be a man,,, cause you forgot that I wear the pants..

Good luck, and I wish you well..

Timeline

Also, that 5 year old monster is the absolute most savage kid I've ever seen in my life. Today I saw my ultra sweet, very well behaved daughter hit him with a closed fist. Where, I wonder, did she learn this from? Likely he hit my daughter at one point, and I missed it. Otherwise I would have destroyed him...... Because I haven't seen anyone in 3 weeks attempting to teach this kid anything about being human.....

Timeline

Reb, Part4, thanks for your input. 2 wake ups and I'll be rid of this place forever. But the 5 yr old monster is another issue. I'm sure at some point, we'll get a call asking us to take him in, when he returns to the US. (And that'll be another fight). As for Tiff, our marriage has been taken to the brink over this effing trip.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Reb, Part4, thanks for your input. 2 wake ups and I'll be rid of this place forever. But the 5 yr old monster is another issue. I'm sure at some point, we'll get a call asking us to take him in, when he returns to the US. (And that'll be another fight). As for Tiff, our marriage has been taken to the brink over this effing trip.

Just a thought - which I'm sure at this point will be no help, but a thought nonetheless - maybe Tiff is acting this way because she just assumes you and your daughter will be there for her regardless? Like, since she hasn't seen this part of her family in so long, she feels more obligated to tend to them than to you guys, since she figures that you guys are her immediate family and will support her/be there for her no matter what, meaning there's no chance of her losing you guys or you guys getting mad at her over not catering to you, whereas this other part of her family might? I know my hubby did this a few times, but after getting stuck at his grandparent's house for eight hours without a minute of attention I called him out and that was the end of that ridiculous behavior. Does she acknowledge that she's been ignoring you when you confront her about it?

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Ya know Steve, you've been ranting a lot about Tiff, and her lack of concern regarding "her immidiate family". Just a thought, pack up your friend, daughter, and yourself. Head to HK,or skip it and head to a motel room with air conditioning, room service, pool, and enjoy a few days vacation without the issues. This actually might be a good thing and a wake up call to her as well as you guys getting a break from all of the #######..

Steve I agree with rebel.... While normally I would say something this extreme would not be a good idea, I suggest you and the kiddo taking a break. Go somewhere and relax. This is a vacation and it's not healthy for any of you to run ragged. The last thing you'll want is your daughter getting sick because she is exhausted. Take a break! I would go to a hotel with a/c, decent TV and a pool until it's time to head to HK. I know you guys are fighting too so maybe you need some cool down time, that is actually "cool." She can continue to visit everyone and their dog (take away the credit card first, I suggest) but you two will sit and relax which is what vacations are for.

As for the 5 year old... No. In no uncertain terms the answer is no. Tell Tiff the same thing. If his parents are coming to the USA, they can bring him with them. He's his parent's responsibility, not yours. Just because they can't teach him a thing or two doesn't mean it's your job.

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Just a thought - which I'm sure at this point will be no help, but a thought nonetheless - maybe Tiff is acting this way because she just assumes you and your daughter will be there for her regardless? Like, since she hasn't seen this part of her family in so long, she feels more obligated to tend to them than to you guys, since she figures that you guys are her immediate family and will support her/be there for her no matter what, meaning there's no chance of her losing you guys or you guys getting mad at her over not catering to you, whereas this other part of her family might? I know my hubby did this a few times, but after getting stuck at his grandparent's house for eight hours without a minute of attention I called him out and that was the end of that ridiculous behavior. Does she acknowledge that she's been ignoring you when you confront her about it?

I've been telling Tiff for 2 and a half weeks to slow down. She's that dense, everything blew up today.

As for HK. It's a day and a half away. But now I'm in no mood to go. I just want to return to my very comfortable abode that I think Tiff really does not appreciate.

Timeline

as for the 5 year old. I don't want this kid within a thousand miles of my daughter. Remember I said this is an "anchor child", so at some point, he'll be repatriated to the US. And likely we'll be asked to take him in. I already made it clear to Tiff that this will also not happen. He's screaming at the top of his lung at his grandpa as I type, and no one is doing anything about it......

and I didn't even start on the new bride and groom yet.....

Timeline

well, I'm exhausted now. I'm going to lay down. Talk to you guys soon.....

oh I did get the opportunity to visit the memorial for the WWII Titi Jelebu massacre. The site of the actual killings is probably about 2000 feet from my FIL's house in Titi.

Filed: Timeline
Your English seems pretty good and a lot better them some of the "native" speakers who post around here. :)

Thank you :)

Why am I here?

Because you love your wife and you're ready to sacrifice yourself for her.

But I agree with all the people here... You should take your daughter to a nice place and let her (and yourself) to relax, to simply do nothing and to enjoy this trip. Your daughter really needs a separation from that spoiled brat, and you need a nice, relaxing time befor you both get sick and really exhaused.