SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Rant damn bank disabled my debit card. Apparently there's a daily limit on it and I paid my truck repair yesterday with it. Called the line to find out what was going on, and the pain in the butt bit## on the line just wanted to keep explaining it wasn't disabled, I just couldn't use it. Wake up bit## in any normal person's view that's fricken disabled. Really pisses me off when banks set arbitrary limits on accessing my own money. Going to need to stop in the bank and have a discussion with the manager again. Apparently this bit## also got upset when I said this screwed me over, saying the line about foul language. I would have used fukked me over if I wanted to use foul language. I hate, absolutesly hate snotty assed bit##es on the banks help line. They're supposed to find solutions, not redefine the English language, as if her D- on her GED would qualify her to define anything.

Happy Easter every one.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Can you upgrade your limit?

I have an internet access to my account and I could set my limit higher than the bank did it via internet without any problems.

I've never seen or heard of daily limit on my card before. As far as I'm concerned, any limit should be under my control as its my money. What really pissed me off was the attitude of the customer support droid trying to redefine the English language rather than finding a solution. I don't know a single person who would not consider their card disabled if it was turned off to be used in transaction. Imagine how screwed you'd be if you were attempting to make a purchase over their arbitrary limit and you're out of town? Pisses me off that with thousands in my account and I couldn't use my card, because they set a 1500 daily limit on it. I've made purchases bigger than that with other banks with no issues on a card.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Si, man -- and the equal number who solely credit God for the approval of the petition or the granting of the visa.
Additional Rant: Incipient or actual I-129F petitioners who say:

"She got the visa! Can we go on a Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon?"

When told no, that they need to wait for AP (at least) first, they argue or react with horror. When someone then helpfully suggests Hawaii, they ask "Is Hawaii a state?"

1. Where is the training in geography?

2. What have they been doing for 10 months (or however long) that they don't know the answers before they ask?

3. Why haven't they read the several threads per week about the self-same subject?

4. The beneficiary spent forever trying to get here. Why not explore the innards of the new country?

This ties in with a more global rant: "Our I-129F was approved after 11,736,092 days!!!!!!!!! What do we do next?"

Well, how about "What were you doing besides not reading the VisaJourney guides and threads for the last 11,736,092 days?"

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hahaha yer hilarious TB!

I had a super busy day today but it passed quickly. Didn't talk to hubs much but he missed me (should be a clue eh?) But I also got to send in my IV package. So honestly, I have nothing to rant about. Today was awesome.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I have nothing to rant about. Today was awesome.
You can rant about being rantless, si ma'am.

Thought for the Day: Can one be such a procrastinator that one puts even his procrastination off until later, huh man?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

I've never seen or heard of daily limit on my card before. As far as I'm concerned, any limit should be under my control as its my money.

I think the limits are set to prevent in case the card is stolen or something...

Tho it doesn't change the fact that you should be treated with respect by the customer support. After all they're paid from your money.

TB - I LOVE your posts! They're absolutely briliant! :D

And that's what my rant is about... I hate that my English is limited and I can't put my thoughts in such funny posts... :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Additional Rant: Incipient or actual I-129F petitioners who say:

"She got the visa! Can we go on a Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon?"

When told no, that they need to wait for AP (at least) first, they argue or react with horror. When someone then helpfully suggests Hawaii, they ask "Is Hawaii a state?"

1. Where is the training in geography?

2. What have they been doing for 10 months (or however long) that they don't know the answers before they ask?

3. Why haven't they read the several threads per week about the self-same subject?

4. The beneficiary spent forever trying to get here. Why not explore the innards of the new country?

This ties in with a more global rant: "Our I-129F was approved after 11,736,092 days!!!!!!!!! What do we do next?"

Well, how about "What were you doing besides not reading the VisaJourney guides and threads for the last 11,736,092 days?"

:lol: I would like to point out that that is not the first time I have heard this about Hawaii. :bonk:

I think the limits are set to prevent in case the card is stolen or something...

Tho it doesn't change the fact that you should be treated with respect by the customer support. After all they're paid from your money.

TB - I LOVE your posts! They're absolutely briliant! :D

And that's what my rant is about... I hate that my English is limited and I can't put my thoughts in such funny posts... :P

I've had good customer service from BOA through the numerous problems we've had since moving abroad with my card. Some of their policies are stupid (no wire transfer allowed with a foreign address on the account), but it is still good customer service.

Your English seems pretty good and a lot better them some of the "native" speakers who post around here. :)

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

flying out in 36 hours. The trip is now so miserable that I had a big blow out with tiff. About her non-stop going from place to place like a bat outta hell. Me, and my daughter are exhausted. She's sleeping everywhere she goes. staying out all day in 100 degree weather cramped into a toyota corolla with 6 others going from relative to relative is not my idea of a good time.

Tiff has been so inconsiderate about me, my daughter, and my buddy that it's nothing but misery. The weather is unbearable, the country is filthy. At this point, I just want to skip HK all together and just go straight home. I don't like to blame people, but Tiff has ruined this trip for all of us.

flying out in 36 hours. The trip is now so miserable that I had a big blow out with tiff. About her non-stop going from place to place like a bat outta hell. Me, and my daughter are exhausted. She's sleeping everywhere she goes. staying out all day in 100 degree weather cramped into a toyota corolla with 6 others going from relative to relative is not my idea of a good time.

Tiff has been so inconsiderate about me, my daughter, and my buddy that it's nothing but misery. The weather is unbearable, the country is filthy. At this point, I just want to skip HK all together and just go straight home. I don't like to blame people, but Tiff has ruined this trip for all of us.

Yikes, so absolutely no rest while on the vacation? Couldn't you just say we'll stay here and you go on some of these jaunts? That way, you and you daughter can rest while Tiff burns both ends of the candle. I'm not really surprised she wants to do everything sue to not being back in so long. But you're right, most people are not going to be pushing it so hard.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You think it is a little wanting to show you guys off and thinking she won't be back any time soon?

____

Rant: Here I am thinking I'm being a good wife by putting out when I don't even want to do it, and my husband complains because I'm not interested enough and passionately into it as he is. Well, no shizzit sherlock, I feel like ####### and I'm tired after your family made us all go see the low budget version of the ice-capades. :bonk:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just called NVC for the first time and was totally thrown off guard.

The first time "press one for english" /press one "SPANISH SPANISH SPANISH" /hang up

I expected to hear some kind of automated thing like this shortcut page says.

The second time, press 1 right away, get lady on the phone.

Say receipt number, doesn't have it, and she wishes me to have a very very nice day

I'm still flabbergasted at the niceness of the lady and the fact that the entire call was 36 seconds...

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

And just to add in a rant, i've been sick since friday.

I can't even remember the last time I was sicker than normal

I'm technically sick all of the time, but I mean sicker than I always am.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

And just to add in a rant, i've been sick since friday.

I can't even remember the last time I was sicker than normal

I'm technically sick all of the time, but I mean sicker than I always am.

I'm sick too. Sick of this God-forsaken place, and physically sick.....

Sick of Tiff, once again putting her past family ahead of her immediate family. Talk of divorce is arising again. (Based on Tiff's wild disregard for me and daughter).

Sick of everything here. And sick of the non stop visiting relatives. And no one believes in air conditioning here (They all have the AC unit, but no one ever turns them on. even with guests in the house). Everywhere I go, it's effing HOT and humid. Nothing ever dries in this place. Every single bathroom floor is wet. Every car's interior is 130 degrees. 90 % of Kuala Lumpur is third world. Why am I here?