SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Rant its so friggin busy at work today. Omg.

Happiness - our nvc stuff seems to be going well *knock on wood* so I'm hopeful for a June interview, maybe my mom and I could spend the week in Montreal vs flying to B.C. to go to a medical in Surrey. It would be fantastic :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Rant: It is so weird that there are people who come to the forums and use titles like "freaking out," "help me please I beg you" and also those with usernames such as "lonelyman," "confusedlover," and "crazy4visa."

My wife loves flowers, cut flowers, growing flowers, even pictures of flowers. I occasionally give her new live flowers, but we're running out of room to put them :rofl:

My wife is 100% certain she wants to live back in the Philippines as soon as we can. I tell her when I retire, I'll be happy to live there. But what I tell her is "If you still want to live in the Philippines, we'll move there". She constantly thinks this means I don't want to live there and I have to reassure her that it does mean I want to live there. But I'm not 100% sure she will want that after she's been in the USA for long enough. We know one couple that is getting close to moving back. He's a Kano, she's the Filipina. They just built a home down in Davao City, and suddenly she's starting to get cold feet. She was back for a month to get the interior of the home set up and ready. Just that month of living with the daily pressures there, and some of the family trying to get on her good side because the rich Americans were returning with their money tree, and suddenly she's wondering if its really a good idea. Only time is going to tell if they really do move back, or decide to stay in the USA.

My wife currently thinks she wants to live real close to the other homes in the family. And I mean within a few blocks of them. I'm not so sure its a good area for a white guy and an Americanized Filipina though. People are nice enough, but there are some squatters areas close by with housebreakers and shabu junkies and dealers. If the Davao Death Squad really starts up and stays active, it will probably be an OK place. But outside pressures have been stopping and or slowing its activities. With Rudy poised to move back to the mayor's office, the crime rate could drop rather dramatically again.

Wow that's a really fancy pan! You sound as modest as my wife is about her cooking. She's always doubling checking and asking me if I just say I like it to keep her happy or really like it. In reality it should be obvious, there's been a few things I didn't like and told her so. Some things that I'll eat, but are never going on the favorites list either. Then there's most of what she cooks which is great. I think I've got a dozen dishes of her that I call my favorite. When she asks me why this is my favorite now, I just tell her because its that good and its here to eat right now! Did you see the pictures of the pusit I posted in the bizarre foods thread?

There you go condoning vigilantes. tongue_ss.gif

The stuffed pusit really looks delicious. Did she put jalapeno? Has she made you adobong pusit before? I like lots of garlic with adobong pusit.

I appreciate that my husband is also very straightforward in saying what to keep and what to discard from the home menu. biggrin.gif I used to think he's picky but I eventually realized that he simply enjoys great food. He doesn't eat fastfood or anything canned and processed. I had to teach myself to mix my own fresh garam masala, prepare tandoori marinade from scratch, make temaki, cook smoky ribs, lamb shank, etc. To make use of my fancy pan, I cook $2 eggs for breakfast and then sear $18 one-pound salmon for dinner for the two of us. Still not quite close to $200. laughing.gifMy husband rarely cooks but when he does, I like it immensely. What's your specialty? devil.gif

My family is not like some of the Pinoy families in the Philippine regional subforum who demand financial help. But they are often emotional vampires and I don't wanna deal with their drama. We shall see what your wife thinks of the PH when she visits for the first time after moving to the US. innocent.gif

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Rant its so friggin busy at work today. Omg.

Happiness - our nvc stuff seems to be going well *knock on wood* so I'm hopeful for a June interview, maybe my mom and I could spend the week in Montreal vs flying to B.C. to go to a medical in Surrey. It would be fantastic :)

Yay! Hopefully you get to enjoy an Easter break. Are you and your daughter doing something on Easter Sunday?

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

http://www.surlatabl...tick-Saute-Pans

It took me and my husband 2.5 years from my arrival in the US to return to the Philippines for a monthlong vacation. I had a totally new perception of things. I started thinking that everyone talks too loud and I couldn't stand it. I live in LA but the traffic here is nothing compared to Cebu's. The smell, the noise, the taste of the food, the cleanliness, etc... I've developed higher standards for those, even the way parents treat toddlers. I don't wanna sound superficial but I just felt like that. sad.gif I still love the PH but I don't see myself staying there for more than three months. I can walk around Westside LA and hold my phone without anybody snatching it from me. Before my husband and I met in Cebu, someone pointed a gun at me and told me to give him my new cell phone in 2007. The phone was only 36 hours old and I got it after passing the licensure exam for teachers. In 2009, I was texting inside a public jeepney that stopped due to traffic and next thing I knew, someone was running away fast with my phone in his hands. wacko.gif

When did you leave America? unsure.gif

Not all that long ago, don't panic! I actually had my hair cut a few days before I left and it will be 7 months soon. I have long hair and usually you can't even tell if it has been around 6 months. I will have to have it done when I get back for sure.

That is a nice pan. I'm totally jealous! I'm rocking the cheap Ikea pans. :lol: They tend to wear out with how much I use them, though.

I wouldn't want to live in the Philippines (although I know it can be really pretty and interesting). I know some about it, but I know that my ex in laws go back rarely. They'd rather go to Hawaii. :yes: Same with my family and England, they almost never go back because they just don't like it. I think for the most part, when a couple chooses one country over another it is for a good reason.

Weird question that is totally unrelated and something that comes up from time to time around here. When you are filling out forms in America and it asks race and Filipino is not listed, do you put Pacific Islander or Asian?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Not all that long ago, don't panic! I actually had my hair cut a few days before I left and it will be 7 months soon. I have long hair and usually you can't even tell if it has been around 6 months. I will have to have it done when I get back for sure.

That is a nice pan. I'm totally jealous! I'm rocking the cheap Ikea pans. :lol: They tend to wear out with how much I use them, though.

I wouldn't want to live in the Philippines (although I know it can be really pretty and interesting). I know some about it, but I know that my ex in laws go back rarely. They'd rather go to Hawaii. :yes: Same with my family and England, they almost never go back because they just don't like it. I think for the most part, when a couple chooses one country over another it is for a good reason.

Weird question that is totally unrelated and something that comes up from time to time around here. When you are filling out forms in America and it asks race and Filipino is not listed, do you put Pacific Islander or Asian?

Haircut rates in LA are outrageous! My first haircut in the US was done by an Armenian woman who charged $35. I wasn't satisfied with the result so my husband introduced me to his stylist and also encouraged me to try others until I find a good one. I haven't grown really long hair but most salons still charge $65 plus tip. I got my most recent haircut in the Philippines a day before we left on May 23 last year. I told the stylist to make it shoulder-length but it was too late when I noticed that it was way above my shoulders. I'm not a frequent crier but I left the salon teary-eyed and frustrated. crying.gif Since then I've tried growing my hair and when it's long enough, I'll get another haircut.

I don't think Pinoys are considered Pacific Islanders so I always put Asian. I found out the confusion a few years back when I referred to myself as Asian and my husband told me that in most parts of the US, Asian means Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Taiwanese. huh.gif I told him that Asians are people from Asia, including Indians like him. laughing.gif

We've been using a full set of Calphalon pots and pans for over two years. They still look good but one day my husband decided that it was time for an upgrade. He first took home a Scanpan wok last year and then a grill pan. I didn't check the price tag at first but afterwards, he said that we should budget $900 to buy a 10-piece Scanpan set. Of course I said NO and thought he let it go. Then came the saute pan surprise on Feb 14 and before I could say anything, he spoke like a salesman telling me all the cool features and that was the latest product of Scanpan so the price is insignificant.

I don't know how most Europeans raise their kids where you are but I've seen how some people raise theirs in the US and I'm often impressed at how independent the kids are at a very young age. They cook, make salads, play sports, become aware of nature, go camping, respect pets, and whatnot. I like the type of education that's sustained in the home, at school, with their friends, and in the greater community. If my husband and I live in the Philippines with our children, we might be able to provide that kind of setting within the family but I doubt it would progress outside when they socialize with friends, classmates, and their elders. I'm not so good with words but hopefully you get what I'm trying to say. tongue.gif

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Yay! Hopefully you get to enjoy an Easter break. Are you and your daughter doing something on Easter Sunday?

No I have to work all weekend. On Sunday she's going to Calgary with her father. I have Tues/Wed off though and she's spending that time with me since it's easter break! :D

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Rant

i can't rant about things I want to rant about because I don't want to ruin my karma. So i'm ranting that I can't rant. RANT RANT RANT RANT!!! ranting33va.gif

There you go condoning vigilantes. tongue_ss.gif

The stuffed pusit really looks delicious. Did she put jalapeno? Has she made you adobong pusit before? I like lots of garlic with adobong pusit.

I appreciate that my husband is also very straightforward in saying what to keep and what to discard from the home menu. biggrin.gif I used to think he's picky but I eventually realized that he simply enjoys great food. He doesn't eat fastfood or anything canned and processed. I had to teach myself to mix my own fresh garam masala, prepare tandoori marinade from scratch, make temaki, cook smoky ribs, lamb shank, etc. To make use of my fancy pan, I cook $2 eggs for breakfast and then sear $18 one-pound salmon for dinner for the two of us. Still not quite close to $200. laughing.gifMy husband rarely cooks but when he does, I like it immensely. What's your specialty? devil.gif

My family is not like some of the Pinoy families in the Philippine regional subforum who demand financial help. But they are often emotional vampires and I don't wanna deal with their drama. We shall see what your wife thinks of the PH when she visits for the first time after moving to the US. innocent.gif

Of course I'm condoning vigilantes. Davao City was once a very dangerous place. Rudy started the DDS and used it to clean up the place and make it safe. All over Mindanao there are private armies doing nothing but enriching those in power and letting crime run rampant. Rudy is the only one who has used it to make a city a better place. There once was a time the idea of the DDS shocked me. But I've spent enough time there and gotten to know enough people who support it to understand and appreciate it. The locals support it, and so do I now.

My wife made me small pusit adobo once, but I don't like what's inside them. She plans to clean out the inside next time. I'm big into dried pusit to.

My wife's family isn't into asking for help either. We do pitch in a bit to look after momma though. Mainly by restocking her sari sari when it runs out of stock. Momma is very poor, but proud, so you have to be careful how you help her or you'll hurt her pride.

your family is err motional vampires? :rofl: I like that term its new to me.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Rant: It is so weird that there are people who come to the forums and use titles like "freaking out," "help me please I beg you" and also those with usernames such as "lonelyman," "confusedlover," and "crazy4visa."
Si, man -- and the equal number who solely credit God for the approval of the petition or the granting of the visa.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Si, man -- and the equal number who solely credit God for the approval of the petition or the granting of the visa.

ROFL!! omg yes. YES!

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Timeline

Immigrants who complain that the Danish government makes they look for work when they are got tons of cash assistance every month. Suck it up lazy asses.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Thor is my homeboy. :pop:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Thor is my homeboy. :pop:

A war hammer might be one of few things that can get USCIS moving.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I hate waking up early when I don't have to. And then remembering I was going to do laundry last night and forgot. Now I have to do a load. Grrrr. Oh well. At least it doesn't need to hang to dry.

I hate editing because I forget that I'm on my tablet and I don't check the spelling all the time so I write blast instead of last. :bonk: I also hate auto-zoom.

Edited by NikiR

I hate waking up early when I don't have to. And then remembering I was going to do laundry last night and forgot. Now I have to do a load. Grrrr. Oh well. At least it doesn't need to hang to dry.

I hate editing because I forget that I'm on my tablet and I don't check the spelling all the time so I write blast instead of last. :bonk: I also hate auto-zoom.

I'm so slow typing on my tablet. I'm fast on a keyboard, fast on my iPhone, but so dang slow on my tablet yet.

Rainy day out here today. I wanted to do a road trip or something, but not on a rainy day. Guess I shouldn't complain, at least its not snowing. OK just got better, the wife just snuggled up to me while I was typing this :thumbs:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016