SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

For a PhD, you're very non-observant. I have told you how to surprise her. One more time... wait for her to fall asleep after sex (with you), then go get a fork and stab her in the azz.....

I tried that when you brought it up. I haven't gotten sex since and have been forbidden sharp objects. you ever eat a steak with a spoon? :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I tried that when you brought it up. I haven't gotten sex since and have been forbidden sharp objects. you ever eat a steak with a spoon? :rofl:

I've lost faith. blink.gif

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Maybe have them sent to her at work? My hubby did that for me once while I was an English teacher down here, and they brought them in in the middle of one of my classes. blush.gif It was a little embarrassing but also really sweet and I was definitely surprised! luv.gif

I'm saving that for her birthday surprise. Well actually it will be before her birthday since her birthday is the 4th of July. Her old workplace that wouldn't have been allowed. But maybe getting flowers delivered at home in the evening would work! I always buy them and give them myself now. She had a lot of delivered flowers when we were half a world apart. But that's been a while ago now.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I've lost faith. blink.gif

Don't loose faith Niki here's (F)(F)(F)

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

My truck is in the shop. Going to be out $1500. Thats a ticket to the Philippines! :o Guess it will be a little longer until we can visit again. :crying: I shouldn't be complaining though. Besides tires, oil, brakes and a few light bulbs, I haven't put anything into it since I bought it new nine years ago.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

That's not right. Every woman loves to receive flowers every now and then. I never fail to send flowers on birthdays and valentines days...

Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well. As for me, 5 more wake ups and I'm outta here....I wanna venture back to Titi Jelebu for a couple of days and soak in the rain forest fauna some more before I leave.

My wife loves flowers! I made a promise to myself to always keep her in flowers if she came to the USA. A year and a half later and she still always has had fresh flowers in the house.

Is Titi Jelebu the forest out your hotel room? It looks fantastic! I remember getting lost with my wife in a jungle in the Philippines. A villager we met on the mountain told us the trail we were on would swing back to the town we came from. When we came back down the mountain, we discovered a tiny fishing village with no exist. Apparently the trail was dead end. Hired one of the guys there to take us back to town by boat, as there was no way to go back the way we came before nightfall. It was a long boat ride to, about an hour and a half. The guy headed straight to a bar with the money we paid him. :lol:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1364521827[/url]' post='6091742']

My wife loves flowers! I made a promise to myself to always keep her in flowers if she came to the USA. A year and a half later and she still always has had fresh flowers in the house.

Is Titi Jelebu the forest out your hotel room? It looks fantastic! I remember getting lost with my wife in a jungle in the Philippines. A villager we met on the mountain told us the trail we were on would swing back to the town we came from. When we came back down the mountain, we discovered a tiny fishing village with no exist. Apparently the trail was dead end. Hired one of the guys there to take us back to town by boat, as there was no way to go back the way we came before nightfall. It was a long boat ride to, about an hour and a half. The guy headed straight to a bar with the money we paid him. :lol:

Titi, jelebu, negri sembilan is where tiff is from. The view from the room is the genting highlands.

I'm headed back to titi in a couple of hours.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm in a crummy mood today. So....Rant:

I'm tired of being cold all the time. I want to be able to drive again. And go to a gym with child care. And find the ingredients that I want at the grocery store. And see my friends. And get a decent haircut. And find clothes that fit me that aren't ridiculously overpriced. And see the sun. And eat cornbread. And have a Cherry Coke Zero. And have entertainment options that don't include a pub or a cinema. And rub my dog's belly. And hug my mom. And my dad.

My furbaby, my sweet Beatrix Anne, who turns 11 years old on April 11 is getting sick, y'all. She's very long-lived for a bulldog, so I was really thinking that she'd be there when we got back. Our vet recommended that she not make the trip to Ireland, since she's had some health problems related to stress and is arthritic, so my folks took her in when I left. I get to see her at least once a week on Skype. Lately, she's been having trouble with her get-up-and-go, and my mother called yesterday to tell me that she's starting to refuse her suppers. I was not prepared for this. Stinkerbelle is supposed to be getting all up in my face come summer. So healing thoughts for my sweet BeeBeeCakes would be appreciated. She'd send you sloppy, drooly, fabulous puppy kisses in return. And maybe a little poot cause she's so excited.

I'm sorry about your dog. :( I hope it is something she'll get over. My Briard is 12, which is quite old for a big dog and she has already outlived her siblings. She mainly just sleeps all day, which was what she was doing a year ago. I'm kind of surprised she has lasted this long. Her quality of life is still good and she doesn't seem to be in pain at least.

Yes to your above sentiments, though. OMG yes. Being able to have a produce section in the supermarket 10x times bigger and not have to constantly eat less fruit and vegetables than I would like should be added to that. I recently learned that by law, the supermarkets are not allowed to be bigger, why they waist half their space on clothes, electronics, and toys is besides me then.

Most clothes actually do fit me here, maybe better than in America. At 5'6" and having an American size 10 waist, I am not the smallest lady here, but almost all the women have the same body build as me - big hips, big rib cage, and bigger shoulders. I am also next to the smallest size in shoes a lot of times and I wear a 8 American. I think I will a little bit miss being small. :lol:

I haven't had my haircut since I left America. :help:

______

I think one of the back holes on my ear has closed. I haven't worn earrings in two months for some reason. I've already had my ears repierced once, I'm hoping that I won't have to do it again. :angry:

______

Non-rant: I went last night to a concert by one of my favorite musicians. I got to sit right in front of her, maybe 6 feet away. It was an amazing experience.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

rant: I always buy my wife flowers, and its gotten to the point I can no longer surprise her when I buy them. She knows when I'm going to get them by the status of how the last batch is looking. At least she's still happy to get them, but I miss the surprised look.

:bonk::bonk: :bonk: my brain trying to figure out a way to surprise her again.

Next batch you buy, put a crisp $100.00 bill in the card holder instead of the card... Boy will she be surprised!! :rofl: :rofl:

Next batch you buy, put a crisp $100.00 bill in the card holder instead of the card... Boy will she be surprised!! :rofl: :rofl:

A ticket home would be the biggest surprise for her! I'm hoping in another year I can dare bringing her back where she'd be willing to return to the USA after :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

rant Grrr my centrally managed Anti-virus program is failing to install on any remote systems. Now I need to go visit each machine directly. I knew I shouldn't have jumped two major programs revs at once :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

rant: I always buy my wife flowers, and its gotten to the point I can no longer surprise her when I buy them. She knows when I'm going to get them by the status of how the last batch is looking. At least she's still happy to get them, but I miss the surprised look.

:bonk::bonk: :bonk: my brain trying to figure out a way to surprise her again.

A ticket home would be the biggest surprise for her! I'm hoping in another year I can dare bringing her back where she'd be willing to return to the USA after :rofl:

My husband is great at surprising me. I love growing plants and don't like receiving cut flowers so he only bought me flowers twice in four years. On Valentine's Day, he came home and gave me a single nonstick saute pan made by Scanpan of Denmark from Sur la Table. He got it at a discounted price for almost $200. Until today I'm wondering if that was his way of saying "Baby, I like your cooking so please cook more," or "Please use this so your cooking tastes better." laughing.gif I'll try not to be insecure and believe the former.

http://www.surlatabl...tick-Saute-Pans

It took me and my husband 2.5 years from my arrival in the US to return to the Philippines for a monthlong vacation. I had a totally new perception of things. I started thinking that everyone talks too loud and I couldn't stand it. I live in LA but the traffic here is nothing compared to Cebu's. The smell, the noise, the taste of the food, the cleanliness, etc... I've developed higher standards for those, even the way parents treat toddlers. I don't wanna sound superficial but I just felt like that. sad.gif I still love the PH but I don't see myself staying there for more than three months. I can walk around Westside LA and hold my phone without anybody snatching it from me. Before my husband and I met in Cebu, someone pointed a gun at me and told me to give him my new cell phone in 2007. The phone was only 36 hours old and I got it after passing the licensure exam for teachers. In 2009, I was texting inside a public jeepney that stopped due to traffic and next thing I knew, someone was running away fast with my phone in his hands. wacko.gif

I haven't had my haircut since I left America. :help:

When did you leave America? unsure.gif

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

My husband is great at surprising me. I love growing plants and don't like receiving cut flowers so he only bought me flowers twice in four years. On Valentine's Day, he came home and gave me a single nonstick saute pan made by Scanpan of Denmark from Sur la Table. He got it at a discounted price for almost $200. Until today I'm wondering if that was his way of saying "Baby, I like your cooking so please cook more," or "Please use this so your cooking tastes better." laughing.gif I'll try not to be insecure and believe the former.

http://www.surlatabl...tick-Saute-Pans

It took me and my husband 2.5 years from my arrival in the US to return to the Philippines for a monthlong vacation. I had a totally new perception of things. I started thinking that everyone talks too loud and I couldn't stand it. I live in LA but the traffic here is nothing compared to Cebu's. The smell, the noise, the taste of the food, the cleanliness, etc... I've developed higher standards for those, even the way parents treat toddlers. I don't wanna sound superficial but I just felt like that. sad.gif I still love the PH but I don't see myself staying there for more than three months. I can walk around Westside LA and hold my phone without anybody snatching it from me. Before my husband and I met in Cebu, someone pointed a gun at me and told me to give him my new cell phone in 2007. The phone was only 36 hours old and I got it after passing the licensure exam for teachers. In 2009, I was texting inside a public jeepney that stopped due to traffic and next thing I knew, someone was running away fast with my phone in his hands. wacko.gif

When did you leave America? unsure.gif

My wife loves flowers, cut flowers, growing flowers, even pictures of flowers. I occasionally give her new live flowers, but we're running out of room to put them :rofl:

My wife is 100% certain she wants to live back in the Philippines as soon as we can. I tell her when I retire, I'll be happy to live there. But what I tell her is "If you still want to live in the Philippines, we'll move there". She constantly thinks this means I don't want to live there and I have to reassure her that it does mean I want to live there. But I'm not 100% sure she will want that after she's been in the USA for long enough. We know one couple that is getting close to moving back. He's a Kano, she's the Filipina. They just built a home down in Davao City, and suddenly she's starting to get cold feet. She was back for a month to get the interior of the home set up and ready. Just that month of living with the daily pressures there, and some of the family trying to get on her good side because the rich Americans were returning with their money tree, and suddenly she's wondering if its really a good idea. Only time is going to tell if they really do move back, or decide to stay in the USA.

My wife currently thinks she wants to live real close to the other homes in the family. And I mean within a few blocks of them. I'm not so sure its a good area for a white guy and an Americanized Filipina though. People are nice enough, but there are some squatters areas close by with housebreakers and shabu junkies and dealers. If the Davao Death Squad really starts up and stays active, it will probably be an OK place. But outside pressures have been stopping and or slowing its activities. With Rudy poised to move back to the mayor's office, the crime rate could drop rather dramatically again.

Wow that's a really fancy pan! You sound as modest as my wife is about her cooking. She's always doubling checking and asking me if I just say I like it to keep her happy or really like it. In reality it should be obvious, there's been a few things I didn't like and told her so. Some things that I'll eat, but are never going on the favorites list either. Then there's most of what she cooks which is great. I think I've got a dozen dishes of her that I call my favorite. When she asks me why this is my favorite now, I just tell her because its that good and its here to eat right now! Did you see the pictures of the pusit I posted in the bizarre foods thread?

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016