SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Trying to get all these grant/scholarship apps filled out and in the mail is almost as stressful as my husband's NVC docs. headbonk.gif I spent the afternoon finishing up the last of them, so I'm DONE. Now just to sit back, cross my fingers, and hope for the best. whistling.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, I spent the last few days in the Genting highlands, not too bad....

Thanks for missing me as I read some posts from the recent past. Still not having a great time here. Tho technically not a third world country, to me it is.....

here's some recent pics.....

541305_10151564268298489_1374338250_n.jpg

7313_10151564245353489_815157744_n.jpg

View from my hotel room

216731_10151562760818489_77109698_n.jpg

I'm jealous that you have a Starbucks right there. This hillbilly town that I live in serves pisswater for coffee and charges the same price as Starbucks.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Rant: I've started quitting coffee again but after 36 hours of no coffee, all I got was an explosive headache. sad.gif Coffee, can't live with it, can't live without it.

Hopefully Beatrix feels better very soon. heart.gif

You guys watch Kris Aquino? She's always in between psychotic and neurotic episodes. She's also narcissistic and histrionic. After what she has done recently, I think men should stay away from her. She's not worth the trouble. devil.gif It's true that the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River in Palawan is the second longest known underground river on the planet and has been a contender of the seven wonders of the world. And of course there's world-class diving in the Tubbataha Reef but they only do seasonal liveaboards instead of offering dives the whole year. El Nido, Palawan must be one of the best places to have a vacation in the Philippines, or probably on Earth, so much better than Boracay. luv.gif

Yep we watch Kris REALiTV daily. Our favorite is show is Be Careful With My Heart. Gotta catch Vice Ganda weekly to. And of course Pilipinas Got Talent! TV Patrol is daily watching to. About the only show I don't like that she has to watch is The Buzz. Everything is an "Exclusive" even if the person will be on every talk show saying the same thing all week :rofl:

I can't believe this whole big deal between Kris and her ex. He tried to kiss her so now there's a restraining order against him from seeing his kid? When I was watching Kris tell her story, and saying she's quitting all her shows, I couldn't help thinking those were crocodile tears. And all the family saying they've been so nice to him and wanted nothing but for a good relationship between him and his son. I just keep thinking bitter ex wants her pound of flesh. Who really knows whats going on. Kris is certainly a drama queen extraordinaire. I'm almost wonder if this latest rumor about Vice Ganda and his BF is really a playing satire on Kris and her ex :rofl:

Yes I know the Philippines wanted the river to be declared one of the seven wonders, but I don't think its gotten any traction outside the Philippines. But Palawan is truly a must visit place. No doubt about that!

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

wow thats a lot of deciding you have to do. lately i've been wondering if I studied the right thing (actuarial science).. and I wonder if I would have been better of studying Computer Science.. or psychology. or maybe even medicine??? ahh I wish there was a way to know which was the absolute best path to take, so that I could always take it.. but then again that would make things boring. I hope you figure out what you want to do and that it works out for you! Have you taking any personality tests which then recommend carreer paths? I recommend you take this one, it's pretty quick: http://www.humanmetr...win/JTypes2.asp ( did it and nr 1 career for me was computer science which is why I started thinking about that lol)

zoo keeper sounds fun. going back to school for 8 years to become a vet?? doens't sound like it's worth it.

ALSO, i'm very curious about this: "I wish I was able to make use of the money my husband has for schooling through being a veteran but I wasn't married to him while he was in the military. :( "

My husband is a veteran too and he has always said I could use his GI bill for school, but I wasnt married to him while he was in the military. Is he confused? Are you 100% you cant use his money for schooling?

No I can't use his GI Bill. Neither can you.

https://gibill.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/940/session/L3RpbWUvMTM2NDUwMjcxNS9zaWQvWDZQTEZqbWw%3D

After separating they can't designate a new person to transfer it to.

In general I get along with most animals pretty well. I like to do physical work vs sitting at a desk. I work well with people or on my own. I take longer than some to do a task but it's done well once I have it finished and rarely to do I get complaints about the work I've done. Other than the speed that is... It's not that I'm slow, I just do each step until I have it exactly right. Perhaps working in a lab or doing natural research would be a good idea. It's probably why I'm good with dogs and horses. I can do the repetition to get something right but have enough innovation to try new ways to get my result.

I have taken those kinds of tests but they send me in a direction I don't want to take most often but I feel I answer the questions truthfully. (For instance nurse or counselor .. I don't want to do either of those things.)

I do talk to my husband about this a lot. He can't decide for me, but will stand behind what I choose. He's the one who makes me think perhaps I can go back to school for a veterinarian. I'm 100% sure I'd do better in school now than I did before because I know how to work hard now, and I didn't the first time around.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Niki, maybe you should try talking about all of this including your goals, fears and dreams with your husband one night on the phone. another thought is to simply copy him on the post you just wrote. He's your husband, and he can't read your mind. I'm saying this, because I'm a husband, and if my wife had these feelings I would want to know. Then we could discuss them, come up with a plan, and follow through. This way there would be less chance of any resentment later on in the marriage or problems once you move there.

Learn to shoot a gun for free.. Locate a large gun shop with an indoor range, go in and tell them you are looking into buying a gun but don't know how to use one, and want to learn to shoot before buying one. You'll pay for the ammo used, and probably get free lessons.Same thing applies for a bow.

Riding can be as easy as finding a horse stable and offering to help excercise the horses that are kept there. ( just trying to help)

Wish you well,

We certainly talk about this stuff. I wouldn't generally rant about it first if we hadn't

Hubs will teach me to shoot and I can learn on my own for a bow. My daughter is taking archery lessons and I've paid attention. ;)

Riding should be fairly simple. I won't exercise for lessons anymore though. I've done that and technically it takes away my amateur status. Also I end up on the short end of the stick with no lessons but lots of crazy ponies to ride. LOL

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

No I can't use his GI Bill. Neither can you.

https://gibill.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/940/session/L3RpbWUvMTM2NDUwMjcxNS9zaWQvWDZQTEZqbWw%3D

After separating they can't designate a new person to transfer it to.

In general I get along with most animals pretty well. I like to do physical work vs sitting at a desk. I work well with people or on my own. I take longer than some to do a task but it's done well once I have it finished and rarely to do I get complaints about the work I've done. Other than the speed that is... It's not that I'm slow, I just do each step until I have it exactly right. Perhaps working in a lab or doing natural research would be a good idea. It's probably why I'm good with dogs and horses. I can do the repetition to get something right but have enough innovation to try new ways to get my result.

I have taken those kinds of tests but they send me in a direction I don't want to take most often but I feel I answer the questions truthfully. (For instance nurse or counselor .. I don't want to do either of those things.)

I do talk to my husband about this a lot. He can't decide for me, but will stand behind what I choose. He's the one who makes me think perhaps I can go back to school for a veterinarian. I'm 100% sure I'd do better in school now than I did before because I know how to work hard now, and I didn't the first time around.

Oh that sucksss.. we always assumed I could use it.. or our future children.. but I guess only he can use it now. Oh well :/

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Yep we watch Kris REALiTV daily. Our favorite is show is Be Careful With My Heart. Gotta catch Vice Ganda weekly to. And of course Pilipinas Got Talent! TV Patrol is daily watching to. About the only show I don't like that she has to watch is The Buzz. Everything is an "Exclusive" even if the person will be on every talk show saying the same thing all week :rofl:

I can't believe this whole big deal between Kris and her ex. He tried to kiss her so now there's a restraining order against him from seeing his kid? When I was watching Kris tell her story, and saying she's quitting all her shows, I couldn't help thinking those were crocodile tears. And all the family saying they've been so nice to him and wanted nothing but for a good relationship between him and his son. I just keep thinking bitter ex wants her pound of flesh. Who really knows whats going on. Kris is certainly a drama queen extraordinaire. I'm almost wonder if this latest rumor about Vice Ganda and his BF is really a playing satire on Kris and her ex :rofl:

Yes I know the Philippines wanted the river to be declared one of the seven wonders, but I don't think its gotten any traction outside the Philippines. But Palawan is truly a must visit place. No doubt about that!

I can't believe you are now able to talk about Pinoy celebrities! laughing.gif What's happening to you? devil.gif I've never cared about the Philippine TV, movie, and music industries, not even when I was still living in the PH. I occasionally catch showbiz updates due to my Facebook friends but that's it.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

I can't believe you are now able to talk about Pinoy celebrities! laughing.gif What's happening to you? devil.gif I've never cared about the Philippine TV, movie, and music industries, not even when I was still living in the PH. I occasionally catch showbiz updates due to my Facebook friends but that's it.

I have a hard time believing it to :lol:

I've never been much into watching USA celebs but my wife is in to following celebs there, and given the shows she watches, I can't help but pick it up. Watching the programs is part of my Tagalog immersion language learning to. So I sit here trying to figure out what they're saying as they talk a mile a second and get nose bleeds :lol:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

rant: I always buy my wife flowers, and its gotten to the point I can no longer surprise her when I buy them. She knows when I'm going to get them by the status of how the last batch is looking. At least she's still happy to get them, but I miss the surprised look.

:bonk::bonk: :bonk: my brain trying to figure out a way to surprise her again.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

rant: I always buy my wife flowers, and its gotten to the point I can no longer surprise her when I buy them. She knows when I'm going to get them by the status of how the last batch is looking. At least she's still happy to get them, but I miss the surprised look.

Maybe have them sent to her at work? My hubby did that for me once while I was an English teacher down here, and they brought them in in the middle of one of my classes. blush.gif It was a little embarrassing but also really sweet and I was definitely surprised! luv.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

You can buy me flowers. I'll be very surprised. My husband has yet to buy me flowers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

You can buy me flowers. I'll be very surprised. My husband has yet to buy me flowers.

That's not right. Every woman loves to receive flowers every now and then. I never fail to send flowers on birthdays and valentines days...

Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well. As for me, 5 more wake ups and I'm outta here....I wanna venture back to Titi Jelebu for a couple of days and soak in the rain forest fauna some more before I leave.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

For a PhD, you're very non-observant. I have told you how to surprise her. One more time... wait for her to fall asleep after sex (with you), then go get a fork and stab her in the azz.....

Edited by SteveAndTiff

As a PhD he's smart enough to not take your advice on that subject.

:D

Cary... Buy her a flowering plant or cactus