SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

RANT: The guy who agreed to buy all our furniture has backed out, leaving us broke again. crying.gif I was really counting on that money to buy our plane tickets home, and now I have to go through the whole stressful process of finding someone else to buy it all. Talk about a crappy thing to wake up to. sad.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

No kidding! I'm sorry he was an ####

I hate that.

My husband had the same problem when he moved to Denver. The roommate he was staying with (the house belonged to a guy who was deployed to Germany, so my husband and this other AF guy were paying rent during that time) said he'd buy all our furniture when he moved for a really low price but backed out the day my hubs was moving to Denver. Like THAT day! #######?!

I guess the other guy was late on rent a few times and left the house in such a pigsty he was kicked out as soon as the house owner got home. The guy's dog had chewed up every remote in the place too and he promised to pay for them but house owner has yet to see a cent. Some people are just irresponsible. I had no doubts about why the other guy was divorced when I met him.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Husband has asked me what I want to do when I move there and I don't know. Every time I turn around someone says "that's not good enough" including him. So... I want to do what I've always wanted, but I AM afraid that I won't make enough money afterwards to even pay the cost of the schooling. (it's 27000 for 2 years.. After you're out its about $14/hr) Or I could go back to school and become a vet. 8 years of school... that sounds expensive. I'd be in my 40s! I don't want to start a career in my 40s but he pointed out that many military people do exactly that. Maybe zoology? Become a zoo keeper or work for a wildlife farm. Or maybe environmental sciences where I can study nature or be a park ranger? I feel more unsure about my job and career than I did in high school.

I wish I was able to make use of the money my husband has for schooling through being a veteran but I wasn't married to him while he was in the military. :(

I thought about working retail again... I'm good at it, but it doesn't make me happy. Maybe it's the type of store. Perhaps I'd be happier at a pet store.

My goals I think would be: I would like to travel one day. I wish to visit Scotland and Ireland. I'd like to own a dog that I can train, and maybe show, or take rescue dogs and train them so they're more adoptable. I want to learn to shoot a gun and a bow. I'd like to go hiking,like really hiking, not a walk in the woods. I have always wanted to learn a martial art. I've always wanted to learn to play the piano. I want to learn to golf. I want to ride again, even if it's once a month at a rent-a-nag.

But those things are working and you need to work to pay for those. Do I work a job because it's a means to an end? Maybe. Maybe my goals for work should simply be doing what I can do, vs how much happiness I find in my job... make it a means to an end.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Semi-rant: There are people who register to this site claiming that their spouse came to the US on a visitor's visa or sometimes VWP and they "did not intend to marry." They got married nevertheless, and now they ask if they could adjust status without sending their loved one back home. I might get the flak from a few who have done this but I think it's kinda unfair to those who wait months for an approval.

Went to the supermarket yesterday and flipped out when I saw that instead of being Danish or German, the ground beef was from England! Uh, no thanks. I don't care if it is is weird, but I only eat fish when I visit my relatives in England.... :unsure:

Too scared that the ground beef might actually be horse meat? unsure.gif

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Semi-rant: There are people who register to this site claiming that their spouse came to the US on a visitor's visa or sometimes VWP and they "did not intend to marry." They got married nevertheless, and now they ask if they could adjust status without sending their loved one back home. I might get the flak from a few who have done this but I think it's kinda unfair to those who wait months for an approval.

AOS is legal and the majority of I-130s are actually coupled with an I-485 from what I understand.

Too scared that the ground beef might actually be horse meat? unsure.gif

More worried about Mad Cow. B-)

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Husband has asked me what I want to do when I move there and I don't know. Every time I turn around someone says "that's not good enough" including him. So... I want to do what I've always wanted, but I AM afraid that I won't make enough money afterwards to even pay the cost of the schooling. (it's 27000 for 2 years.. After you're out its about $14/hr) Or I could go back to school and become a vet. 8 years of school... that sounds expensive. I'd be in my 40s! I don't want to start a career in my 40s but he pointed out that many military people do exactly that. Maybe zoology? Become a zoo keeper or work for a wildlife farm. Or maybe environmental sciences where I can study nature or be a park ranger? I feel more unsure about my job and career than I did in high school.

I wish I was able to make use of the money my husband has for schooling through being a veteran but I wasn't married to him while he was in the military. :(

I thought about working retail again... I'm good at it, but it doesn't make me happy. Maybe it's the type of store. Perhaps I'd be happier at a pet store.

My goals I think would be: I would like to travel one day. I wish to visit Scotland and Ireland. I'd like to own a dog that I can train, and maybe show, or take rescue dogs and train them so they're more adoptable. I want to learn to shoot a gun and a bow. I'd like to go hiking,like really hiking, not a walk in the woods. I have always wanted to learn a martial art. I've always wanted to learn to play the piano. I want to learn to golf. I want to ride again, even if it's once a month at a rent-a-nag.

But those things are working and you need to work to pay for those. Do I work a job because it's a means to an end? Maybe. Maybe my goals for work should simply be doing what I can do, vs how much happiness I find in my job... make it a means to an end.

wow thats a lot of deciding you have to do. lately i've been wondering if I studied the right thing (actuarial science).. and I wonder if I would have been better of studying Computer Science.. or psychology. or maybe even medicine??? ahh I wish there was a way to know which was the absolute best path to take, so that I could always take it.. but then again that would make things boring. I hope you figure out what you want to do and that it works out for you! Have you taking any personality tests which then recommend carreer paths? I recommend you take this one, it's pretty quick: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp ( did it and nr 1 career for me was computer science which is why I started thinking about that lol)

zoo keeper sounds fun. going back to school for 8 years to become a vet?? doens't sound like it's worth it.

ALSO, i'm very curious about this: "I wish I was able to make use of the money my husband has for schooling through being a veteran but I wasn't married to him while he was in the military. :( "

My husband is a veteran too and he has always said I could use his GI bill for school, but I wasnt married to him while he was in the military. Is he confused? Are you 100% you cant use his money for schooling?

Edited by LucidSofia

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm in a crummy mood today. So....Rant:

I'm tired of being cold all the time. I want to be able to drive again. And go to a gym with child care. And find the ingredients that I want at the grocery store. And see my friends. And get a decent haircut. And find clothes that fit me that aren't ridiculously overpriced. And see the sun. And eat cornbread. And have a Cherry Coke Zero. And have entertainment options that don't include a pub or a cinema. And rub my dog's belly. And hug my mom. And my dad.

My furbaby, my sweet Beatrix Anne, who turns 11 years old on April 11 is getting sick, y'all. She's very long-lived for a bulldog, so I was really thinking that she'd be there when we got back. Our vet recommended that she not make the trip to Ireland, since she's had some health problems related to stress and is arthritic, so my folks took her in when I left. I get to see her at least once a week on Skype. Lately, she's been having trouble with her get-up-and-go, and my mother called yesterday to tell me that she's starting to refuse her suppers. I was not prepared for this. Stinkerbelle is supposed to be getting all up in my face come summer. So healing thoughts for my sweet BeeBeeCakes would be appreciated. She'd send you sloppy, drooly, fabulous puppy kisses in return. And maybe a little poot cause she's so excited.

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Niki, maybe you should try talking about all of this including your goals, fears and dreams with your husband one night on the phone. another thought is to simply copy him on the post you just wrote. He's your husband, and he can't read your mind. I'm saying this, because I'm a husband, and if my wife had these feelings I would want to know. Then we could discuss them, come up with a plan, and follow through. This way there would be less chance of any resentment later on in the marriage or problems once you move there.

Learn to shoot a gun for free.. Locate a large gun shop with an indoor range, go in and tell them you are looking into buying a gun but don't know how to use one, and want to learn to shoot before buying one. You'll pay for the ammo used, and probably get free lessons.Same thing applies for a bow.

Riding can be as easy as finding a horse stable and offering to help excercise the horses that are kept there. ( just trying to help)

Wish you well,

My wife will use the line "If you loved me, you'd know" :rofl: I'm still not a mind reader though. She's got something to bring up now, and has been hinting for two days but hasn't told me yet. But I've gotten pretty good at mind reading, so I'm pretty darn sure I know what it is. I just don't know how much its going to cost yet :o

Niki, maybe you should try talking about all of this including your goals, fears and dreams with your husband one night on the phone. another thought is to simply copy him on the post you just wrote. He's your husband, and he can't read your mind. I'm saying this, because I'm a husband, and if my wife had these feelings I would want to know. Then we could discuss them, come up with a plan, and follow through. This way there would be less chance of any resentment later on in the marriage or problems once you move there.

Learn to shoot a gun for free.. Locate a large gun shop with an indoor range, go in and tell them you are looking into buying a gun but don't know how to use one, and want to learn to shoot before buying one. You'll pay for the ammo used, and probably get free lessons.Same thing applies for a bow.

Riding can be as easy as finding a horse stable and offering to help excercise the horses that are kept there. ( just trying to help)

Wish you well,

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

I want to be able to drive again. And go to a gym with child care. And find the ingredients that I want at the grocery store. And see my friends. And get a decent haircut. And find clothes that fit me that aren't ridiculously overpriced. And see the sun. And eat cornbread. And have a Cherry Coke Zero. And have entertainment options that don't include a pub or a cinema. And rub my dog's belly. And hug my mom. And my dad.

OH MY GOD, THIS. Seriously, these are some of the things I miss the most, and especially on a day like today, make me so homesick. sad.gif I just want to have a fully stocked cupboard and be able to drink a glass of milk that isn't disgusting!

So healing thoughts for my sweet BeeBeeCakes would be appreciated. She'd send you sloppy, drooly, fabulous puppy kisses in return. And maybe a little poot cause she's so excited.

Awwe, I'm so sorry about your puppy. I'll keep her in my thoughts. rose.gifHubby and I recently found out we have to leave our bulldog in Ecuador when we leave, so I sympathize.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

OH MY GOD, THIS. Seriously, these are some of the things I miss the most, and especially on a day like today, make me so homesick. sad.gif I just want to have a fully stocked cupboard and be able to drink a glass of milk that isn't disgusting!

Awwww come on now... You don't like the "box milk"??? :rofl: :rofl:

I can't drink it either... Even in coffee it's BAD.. Gabriela thinks I'm weird because I won't drink it.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Operator -

Oh - you want a favor. I only do favors for 10 pounds or 4 kilograms of home-cooked food, recently cooked and delivered into my hands

We'll be in Wuhan next weekend, need me to pick anything up for you? Non-perishable.

Watching Tagalog TV last night with my wife. She likes a daily talk show with the president's sister as the host and they've been highlighting some touristy places lately. There's a huge cave (21 kilometers long) with an underwater river (8 kilometers long) that tourists flock to on the island of Palawan. They claim its one of the seven natural wonders of the world, but I think that's on a Philippines only list. They also have about 6 places that claim the longest zip line in all of Asia :rofl: :rofl: Any way, they were giving the price to take the tour, Adults 175P, Children 100P, Foreigners 250P. What the heck? Anyone who has been there has often encountered the Foreigner price of many things, but to out an out say so a national TV show while the country is trying to promote more tourism? Yes, come to our country so we can screw you Mr Foreigner :rofl: Their new saying to try an promote tourism is "Its more fun in the Philippines". For those that have spent enough time in the country the saying is "Only in the Philippines" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Don't get me wrong, I love the country myself, but its things like this, making the official price higher for foreigners, that makes all foreigners say "Only in the Philippines" will you see this happen. You can even go to web sites of hotels that have this same kind of pricing. Locals 1000P per night, Foreigner 2500P per night.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Awwww come on now... You don't like the "box milk"??? :rofl: :rofl:

I can't drink it either... Even in coffee it's BAD.. Gabriela thinks I'm weird because I won't drink it.

I absolutely HATE it. They add water to it to make it stretch farther and it tastes/smells gross. Ugh, I just want some normal milk to eat cereal! crying.gif

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Rant: I've started quitting coffee again but after 36 hours of no coffee, all I got was an explosive headache. sad.gif Coffee, can't live with it, can't live without it.

I'm in a crummy mood today. So....Rant:

I'm tired of being cold all the time. I want to be able to drive again. And go to a gym with child care. And find the ingredients that I want at the grocery store. And see my friends. And get a decent haircut. And find clothes that fit me that aren't ridiculously overpriced. And see the sun. And eat cornbread. And have a Cherry Coke Zero. And have entertainment options that don't include a pub or a cinema. And rub my dog's belly. And hug my mom. And my dad.

My furbaby, my sweet Beatrix Anne, who turns 11 years old on April 11 is getting sick, y'all. She's very long-lived for a bulldog, so I was really thinking that she'd be there when we got back. Our vet recommended that she not make the trip to Ireland, since she's had some health problems related to stress and is arthritic, so my folks took her in when I left. I get to see her at least once a week on Skype. Lately, she's been having trouble with her get-up-and-go, and my mother called yesterday to tell me that she's starting to refuse her suppers. I was not prepared for this. Stinkerbelle is supposed to be getting all up in my face come summer. So healing thoughts for my sweet BeeBeeCakes would be appreciated. She'd send you sloppy, drooly, fabulous puppy kisses in return. And maybe a little poot cause she's so excited.

Hopefully Beatrix feels better very soon. heart.gif

Watching Tagalog TV last night with my wife. She likes a daily talk show with the president's sister as the host and they've been highlighting some touristy places lately. There's a huge cave (21 kilometers long) with an underwater river (8 kilometers long) that tourists flock to on the island of Palawan. They claim its one of the seven natural wonders of the world, but I think that's on a Philippines only list. They also have about 6 places that claim the longest zip line in all of Asia :rofl: :rofl: Any way, they were giving the price to take the tour, Adults 175P, Children 100P, Foreigners 250P. What the heck? Anyone who has been there has often encountered the Foreigner price of many things, but to out an out say so a national TV show while the country is trying to promote more tourism? Yes, come to our country so we can screw you Mr Foreigner :rofl: Their new saying to try an promote tourism is "Its more fun in the Philippines". For those that have spent enough time in the country the saying is "Only in the Philippines" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Don't get me wrong, I love the country myself, but its things like this, making the official price higher for foreigners, that makes all foreigners say "Only in the Philippines" will you see this happen. You can even go to web sites of hotels that have this same kind of pricing. Locals 1000P per night, Foreigner 2500P per night.

You guys watch Kris Aquino? She's always in between psychotic and neurotic episodes. She's also narcissistic and histrionic. After what she has done recently, I think men should stay away from her. She's not worth the trouble. devil.gif It's true that the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River in Palawan is the second longest known underground river on the planet and has been a contender of the seven wonders of the world. And of course there's world-class diving in the Tubbataha Reef but they only do seasonal liveaboards instead of offering dives the whole year. El Nido, Palawan must be one of the best places to have a vacation in the Philippines, or probably on Earth, so much better than Boracay. luv.gif

Edited by Calypso
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg