SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Okay well I've never shopped for a new Dr. I need help!

You're going to have to view what your insurance company says first. Generally they want have preferred doctors and clinics you need to pick from. Also you may have to join a particular network of clinics, and hospitals. If you stray outside that, your coverage goes way down. Our policy isn't too bad if you stick with your selected network and avoid visiting the emergency room. I cover my 24 year old daughter's insurance yet, and she has yet to learn that going to urgent care instead of the emergency room is a fraction of the cost and faster. She just recently did that again and I think she has near 3000 in bills now, which she has no way to pay.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You're going to have to view what your insurance company says first. Generally they want have preferred doctors and clinics you need to pick from. Also you may have to join a particular network of clinics, and hospitals. If you stray outside that, your coverage goes way down. Our policy isn't too bad if you stick with your selected network and avoid visiting the emergency room. I cover my 24 year old daughter's insurance yet, and she has yet to learn that going to urgent care instead of the emergency room is a fraction of the cost and faster. She just recently did that again and I think she has near 3000 in bills now, which she has no way to pay.

:o :o Does not compute! Last time I had that much in bills, I was evacuated off a mountain in Colorado, was taken to an ER, driven over an hour by an ambulance, had a somewhat elective surgery to have a plate put in my leg, a week in a hospital, and 6 months of PT. I think it was still less than that!

Niki, I can give no advice, because the only doctor who I've ever really liked didn't take insurance, only cash as many good doctors around there do. She saved my life from Lyme though. (L) (L) (L) I've always thought GPs weren't worth their weight in you know what.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

:o :o Does not compute! Last time I had that much in bills, I was evacuated off a mountain in Colorado, was taken to an ER, driven over an hour by an ambulance, had a somewhat elective surgery to have a plate put in my leg, a week in a hospital, and 6 months of PT. I think it was still less than that!

You've much better insurance than I have obviously. My daughter also happened to choose an out of network hospital to (deductible jumps to 1500). No way could I have done what you did without paying a lot more than you did. Its her money, she's an adult and made that choice. She did the same thing once before because she fainted and her bf wanted her to go. I was telling her since her bf wanted her to go to the ER, he should have footed the bill. Heck urgent care would have been $20 and faster. Now urgent care is $45 on my insurance. I cover insurance for her, because she has none and doesn't work. I won't go footing her bills though, when she chooses not to work and lets her bf bring in what little income they have. She better get her act together soon though, because she's going to age out where I can keep her on my plan.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

And here's mine for the day:

I hate it when you are treated by people like you don't exist, like you're treated as if you're "persona non grata". There are in my opinion very little grounds to treat someone as such unless they've done something so grievously wrong that it's the only alternative. It also makes me wonder what the hell have I done to warrant such an extreme treatment by people sometimes.

And a positive note:

Amy's here in 2 days, yay! Now, weather... don't get any worse either in RI or near London!

"What's yours is mine!"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Rant: I hate it when my Internet is down almost ALL FREAKING DAY. I have threads to read. And it's my mom's birthday today. Thank GOD her flowers got there, or I'd have been afraid to move back to the States.

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

You've much better insurance than I have obviously. My daughter also happened to choose an out of network hospital to (deductible jumps to 1500). No way could I have done what you did without paying a lot more than you did. Its her money, she's an adult and made that choice. She did the same thing once before because she fainted and her bf wanted her to go. I was telling her since her bf wanted her to go to the ER, he should have footed the bill. Heck urgent care would have been $20 and faster. Now urgent care is $45 on my insurance. I cover insurance for her, because she has none and doesn't work. I won't go footing her bills though, when she chooses not to work and lets her bf bring in what little income they have. She better get her act together soon though, because she's going to age out where I can keep her on my plan.

I aged out this year. It was enormously expensive to keep the same plan, I just couldn't believe it. My mother was going to pay for a supplemental year since we were trying to conceive, but with the premiums the way they were it would be cheaper just to pay for a delivery and extra just in cash, maybe not a c-section, but still.

_____

My husband complained all the way through his P90X tonight, which I do with him. I wouldn't make him do it if I didn't care. :angry: :angry:

Also, my calves hurt. :(

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
OH MY GOD, I woke up this morning with an intense craving for cake.
I hope that this link takes you near to post #358, si man (sigh, man):

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/339612-rubbette-wives-housework-si-man/page__st__345__p__5081717__hl__%22wanted+cake%22__fromsearch__1#entry5081717

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Non-/semi-/rant, si man: On Sunday, after one laundry-load had dried, I threw the #2 load into the dryer, started washing load #3, and went to take a nap. Upon awakening, I went down to retrieve the presumably dry load #2 for folding. But, horrors -- 'twas still wet, see man, and no heat was forthcoming. It was 4:40 p.m. (on Sunday, remember).

Upon furious scrambling, I got to Sears Hardware with the kindly neighbor and his pickup truck. The young appliance-chica introduced me to the floor-model Maytag Centennial dryer, which worked, she twice assured me. Bought dryer; loaded it into truck. Removed hosed dryer. Installed new dryer. Heat comes on, motor runs, but drum fails to spin. Flashlight view reveals that the belt isn't driving anything. It is now 6:05 p.m., with store having closed at 6. Phucque.

Put old dryer on curb in order to re-garage the T-B.-mobile. Thank neighbor for time, truck, and brawn, and for wife's offer to dry remaining two loads in their machine. Spend hours on-line looking for good reconditioned dryer. Repeat on Monday (while at work -- shhhh, man). Drive 30 miles round-trip to see serviceable-yet-smallish units. Return home. Spend more hours on-line looking further.

Tuesday: Actually spend some time at work doing real work. Call appliance-rehabilitators. Arrange appointment for eve. Return home, gulp dinner. Make emergency run to PetSmart for desperately needed cat-food. Drive 23 miles to see dryers. Purchase super-capacity Kenmore Series 80, fully rehabbed, for $199. Pay $50 for delivery Wednesday eve. Return home thrilled. Mrs. T-B. on phone with amiga from 10:30 p.m. through the present. Yak yak yak yak yak. As punishment to her, I wash all the dishes and vow that I shall be the sole laundress in the family, hmmmph man. (Too bad this is the normal state of affairs, sigh man.) Yak yak yak yak yak.

Rant: Mrs. T-B. ends call, barges in, sees this message but fortunately is stricken with ADD, says she'll take shower and can I put on the heat tonight. Hmmmph, man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Rant

Skype has gone downhill in the last year. I used to be able to just use it with a phone and non problems. Now it can't even make use of a new tablet without noise.... Among other problems. :-(

Rant 2

Why at 3am does my room become unbearably hot? I'm cold going to bed, which is great, then 3am and I can barely breathe. Go away ghost that turns on the heat.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Rant

Skype has gone downhill in the last year. I used to be able to just use it with a phone and non problems. Now it can't even make use of a new tablet without noise.... Among other problems. :-(

Microsoft bought them. Expect a once fine service to go down hill as their resources are slowly bled away to pay stockholder dividends. Much like Microsoft Messenger was once a fine service, until it was ignored on the hardware maintanence and all software improvements were outsourced to India.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Rant

The Skype phone on my ipad is no good, no one can hear me, but a regular skype to skype works just fine. Also, every time my ex-in-laws call from their ipad using 3G I can only hear every 3rd word, it is hard.

_____

OMG, I can't believe the supermarkets and stores are closed Thursday, Friday, and Sunday with super limited hours on Saturday for the 'super'market. I'm going to have to make my husband do a big shopping trip tonight with me, when it is more than one heavy bag it is too much to bring back with the little one in tow and the mile walk.

____

Non-rant: a little under 3 weeks until I have a motor vehicle again and actual supermarkets with affordable food that open normal hours. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Heaven is coming, I can feel it.

3/26/18 Biometrics

For apple products can't you just use facetime?

Ah right. Forgot about the Microsoft issue. Too bad the Google talk chat has issues with noise too. I think its just the tablet. It has two mics that are supposed to reduce noise but in fact just cause it. Oh well. Time to open a window for an hours of sleep.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I only use skype on the computer.

It works fine aside from in occasionally not connection a phone call.

When I'm calling an actual land line it make the BOOOOOOOOP BOOOOOOOOP noise instead of rings and when it does that, it's not actually calling.

But I just have to hang up and press call again.

The only other irritating thing is that it keeps adding extra 1's the incoming calls so if i want to call them back, I can't click the recent number and just press call because it doesn't recognize the number that it put there -_-

Minor annoyances though.

I'd have more fun complaining about my $170 cell phone bill every month than my $3 skype bill every month.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Things I'm looking forward to stop ranting about come this summer after we move:

• Smaller cell phone bill

• Smaller grocery bill

• Smaller gas expenditure (yes, despite working from HOME in Canada, I spend more in gas!)

• No more credit consolidation payments (coincidence in timing)

• Having access to my free mechanic regularly (dad)

• Paper thin apartment walls

• Lack of Chipotle

• Having more than just a fricking Walmart to do any shopping in

Things I will be annoyed about instead

• More expensive apartment (If I get lucky enough that they'll even give me one)

• Insurance for hubby

• Having to actually go into the office

• Having more than a fricking Walmart to do shopping in

oldlady.gif

My ex is an idiot who has yet to figure at 42 that life cannot be last minute.

Sometimes I worry my husband is the same but at 28 still has time to learn.

Either that or I'm a total stick in the mud and completely not spontaneous. :(