SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if yer not doing tantric massage during her PMS time, you're wasting yer hands, IMO. Others, also (opinions, that is)

re: chocolate - get hershey's special dark, it's 45 percent cacao and is about 1.38 per big bar. 10 of those in yer kit in the fridge is about right.

if you get her less cacao'd chocolate - yer doing her some injustice.

O K - My rant about PMS and chocolate.

#### all, those fellas that think just ANY chocolate will do when a woman is in the throes of PMS. It must be at least 40 percent cacao, or it's a waste of teeth crunching.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I would but he won't open it until he gets home. I have to put nsfw on it. He can get fired if I accidentally forget and he opens. Eek!

sticky buns, la. hurry hurry !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

if yer not doing tantric massage during her PMS time, you're wasting yer hands, IMO. Others, also (opinions, that is)

re: chocolate - get hershey's special dark, it's 45 percent cacao and is about 1.38 per big bar. 10 of those in yer kit in the fridge is about right.

if you get her less cacao'd chocolate - yer doing her some injustice.

O K - My rant about PMS and chocolate.

#### all, those fellas that think just ANY chocolate will do when a woman is in the throes of PMS. It must be at least 40 percent cacao, or it's a waste of teeth crunching.

My wife gets at least 4 or 5 massages per week. She's not suffering from a lack of massages, and I found a weird side affect for me, its appeared to have cured my carpal tunnel in my left arm. I might have to look up the tantric massage though, maybe I can learn some new tricks.

I've tried giving her dark chocolate, she doesn't like it. Right now she's avoiding all chocolate because she thinks she's getting fat. She's got a couple extra pounds (and I really mean 2 pounds) but I like her like that. My wife is 4'10" about 90 lbs and 2 lbs is actually a noticeable change on her. I think she's happier with her size when she's about 88 lbs. Makes her family back home worry though, thinking she's too skinny though. She was actually heavier when I first got to know her. I even pulled out some pictures from 10 years ago to show her she is NOT FAT now. She was heavier then and I didn't think she was fat. But it didn't work, she still thinks she needs to loose a bit. :bonk:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

yer really not paying attention to the special instructions given to you during a rant, and it shows.

OK - my rant for the hour.

I absolutely f(cking hate folk that come back from a rant, trying to counter my position with 'their' experience, when it's so obvious that 'their' position was the thing I was ranting about in the first place !

end of rant.

yer really not paying attention to the special instructions given to you during a rant, and it shows.

I absolutely f(cking hate folk that come back from a rant, trying to counter my position with 'their' experience, when it's so obvious that 'their' position was the thing I was ranting about in the first place !

end of rant.

What's your address, I'll Fedex over dark chocolate :rofl:

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Maybe Yer preggo.

blink.gif Let's not even go there. That would be the absolute LAST thing I'd need at this point.

All this talk of dark chocolate really makes me want some. headbonk.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

What's your address, I'll Fedex over dark chocolate :rofl:

why? i bring my kit to China, every three months. I already know where to buy, which to buy.

I absolutely loathe, hate, detest, even f*cking despise, folk that want to send me inferior chocolate in some hope that I'll find it useful.

ok - end of rant.

Well, it is the waitlists for things, the poor treatment, and the lack of accountability. My aunt is an Oxford educated doctor in England, she's seen it and she thinks it is no good compared to the American system. Last year, Danish socialized healthcare sent my seriously ill husband home to wait for a letter to get a scan of his abdomen because they didn't have enough machines so he had to go into the line. He was so yellow that people stopped to tell him because the bile had backed up so much. They did the first surgery and really messed it up, they did another and messed that up, then they had a waiting list at the local hospital so he had to take a bus to a city an hour away to have his gallbladder taken out... Ridiculous. Oh and there is nothing you can really do to complain about it.

I knew Canadian women in my birth club on another forum who were unable to get an OBgyn until their 7th month of pregnancy because the doctors were full. In America, I can go get a scan and sign up with a doctor at 4 weeks if I wanted to. ObGyn care in Denmark is paltry and you can not go before 12 weeks. Have a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks? You'd never know because unless you were dying they wouldn't even see you. A blogger I follow who is a teacher at my daughter's old school had a Danish doctor scream at her whilst she was having an ectopic. That kind of stuff isn't tolerated in America.

wacko.gif I thought just about everyone says that Denmark has the best healthcare system on the planet.

I know of women who have trouble finding obgyn in their areas in the USA because the cost of liability is too high for them to practice.

I won't say there isn't faults and I like a two tiered system or one that does have premiums so that doctors are paid more. People still sue doctors and hospitals in Canada. There is nrpews coverage about mess ups and seriously ill people are taken care of first. If I have to wait at the hospital because some guy was rushed in, I'm not complaining. That is a matter of hospitals having good management.

Edit to add... In most places I've lived (BC and Alberta) you do not get an obgyn unless you are high risk. Your regular doctor does all of your care and deliver s the baby. There is always an obgyn at the hospital or on call or emergencies. Even the nurses at the hospital can deliver. Lol.

I am very good at shopping for an ob-gyn. I am really looking for one to be loyal to, but haven't found her yet. Early last year, I saw ob-gyn #1 for my routine checkup (Pap test, STD tests including Hepatitis B & C, panel test for cholesterol, glucose, etc.). She was competent but I disliked her baby talking me. When I got pregnant, I didn't go to her for my first prenatal checkup. I made an appointment with another ob-gyn who revealed to me that she used to work as an assistant to my previous ob-gyn before starting her own practice. Ob-gyn #2 was cool but when I talked to her, it seemed that I've already read somewhere 90% of the things she told me about pregnancy. She conducted my first ultrasound at 8 weeks when the baby's heartbeat was still there. After my miscarriage, I searched for another ob-gyn as advised by the ER physician. Ob-gyn #3 works in downtown LA. She is very smart so I asked her a million questions after she did one last ultrasound to confirm that my miscarriage was complete. Eventually, I felt that she got a little annoyed with all the things that I asked her. I didn't return to her. A month after seeing her, I made an appointment with ob-gyn #4 for my annual checkup (Pap test and more). Ob-gyn #4 was extremely patient with me and she liked to explain things thoroughly. Finally, she said, "Nothing is wrong with you. Just go home and have lots of sex when you and your husband are ready then I'll see you in 3-4 months for your first prenatal appointment." I admire that optimism and I would know if she's for keeps soon.

When I meet the right physician, I usually stick to them. I've been loyal to my dentist, orthodontist, and optometrist for years. To pick a healthcare provider, I cross-check Yelp, vitals.com, and healthgrades.com. Of course reviews can be easily fabricated but sometimes the genuine ones do help narrow the list down. I don't really mind seeing physicians for preventive care. I know I'm healthy but it feels better when they reaffirm it.

Edited by Calypso
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

why? i bring my kit to China, every three months. I already know where to buy, which to buy.

I absolutely loathe, hate, detest, even f*cking despise, folk that want to send me inferior chocolate in some hope that I'll find it useful.

ok - end of rant.

:o See I'd never survive the PMS fiance death game. Have (F)

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

wacko.gif I thought just about everyone says that Denmark has the best healthcare system on the planet.

I am very good at shopping for an ob-gyn. I am really looking for one to be loyal to, but haven't found her yet. Early last year, I saw ob-gyn #1 for my routine checkup (Pap test, STD tests including Hepatitis B & C, panel test for cholesterol, glucose, etc.). She was competent but I disliked her baby talking me. When I got pregnant, I didn't go to her for my first prenatal checkup. I made an appointment with another ob-gyn who revealed to me that she used to work as an assistant to my previous ob-gyn before starting her own practice. Ob-gyn #2 was cool but when I talked to her, it seemed that I've already read somewhere 90% of the things she told me about pregnancy. She conducted my first ultrasound at 8 weeks when the baby's heartbeat was still there. After my miscarriage, I searched for another ob-gyn as advised by the ER physician. Ob-gyn #3 works in downtown LA. She is very smart so I asked her a million questions after she did one last ultrasound to confirm that my miscarriage was complete. Eventually, I felt that she got a little annoyed with all the things that I asked her. I didn't return to her. A month after seeing her, I made an appointment with ob-gyn #4 for my annual checkup (Pap test and more). Ob-gyn #4 was extremely patient with me and she liked to explain things thoroughly. Finally, she said, "Nothing is wrong with you. Just go home and have lots of sex when you and your husband are ready then I'll see you in 3-4 months for your first prenatal appointment." I admire that optimism and I would know if she's for keeps soon.

When I meet the right physician, I usually stick to them. I've been loyal to my dentist, orthodontist, and optometrist for years. To pick a healthcare provider, I cross-check Yelp, vitals.com, and healthgrades.com. Of course reviews can be easily fabricated but sometimes the genuine ones do help narrow the list down. I don't really mind seeing physicians for preventive care. I know I'm healthy but it feels better when they reaffirm it.

So much easier for a guy. We just have to worry if the GP says look no hands while doing a procto :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

blink.gif Let's not even go there. That would be the absolute LAST thing I'd need at this point.

All this talk of dark chocolate really makes me want some. headbonk.gif

I love chocolate, all types, but I do tend to go dark when I am PMSing. Good thing too because the little one thinks it is akin to poison and I get it all to myself.

Being pregnant is not all that bad. :whistle: I'm soo broody, I check out all the cribs and baby stuff every time we go to the store.

Have you thought about a midwife? I saw mostly midwives during my pregnancy and I thought they were mostly great. Lots of time to explain, very into the process, etc. I tend to think of an ObGyn as more the surgeon rather than caregiver of the whole woman and her reproductive systems.

So much easier for a guy. We just have to worry if the GP says look no hands while doing a procto :rofl:

:o :o :o

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

We have the dumbest fire alarm ever. I turn the stove on high to sear my mustard-marinated salmon and suddenly something buzzes "Fa-fa-fa-fire, fire!" It is extremely loud that I'm sure our neighbors can hear it. I often try to prevent that from happening by turning on the central fan and the vent, even opening the sliding door before cooking but it's not enough. I set the oven to 470F to heat the cast iron pan for the ribeye steak and the fire alarm starts pestering us again. I feel bad for our cats because they can hear louder than us and the sound is really too sharp. It freaks them out so much worse than Dyson does.

My husband decided to rip the alarm out and put it away. It stops screaming "fire" but it would beep every five seconds, demanding to be attached back to the ceiling. Awful.

---

The next rant is about false alarm. My 24-year-old brother in the PH has a scorned ex-girlfriend. She contacted my mother and declared that she is pregnant. It turns out she tampered her pregnancy test result and admitted to my brother that she did that to get back at him. She already told their officemates that he impregnated her. My mother said that she is relieved to know it was all a scheme but she's still bothered because the girl went near my parents' house the other day and wanted to talk to my brother.

So much drama. I hope most Filipinos stop watching soap operas so they don't confuse it with reality. I want to tell my brother to not take anymore girlfriends if he is not ready for the consequences. I don't know how to make him understand that there are women who are willing to settle for casual relationships and I think that's suitable for him right now as long as they both stay clean. I am trying to be the big sister without sounding demeaning and too involved to make him uncomfortable. I don't always give unsolicited advice but IMO, he needs one this time.

laughing.gif

I love chocolate, all types, but I do tend to go dark when I am PMSing. Good thing too because the little one thinks it is akin to poison and I get it all to myself.

Being pregnant is not all that bad. :whistle: I'm soo broody, I check out all the cribs and baby stuff every time we go to the store.

Have you thought about a midwife? I saw mostly midwives during my pregnancy and I thought they were mostly great. Lots of time to explain, very into the process, etc. I tend to think of an ObGyn as more the surgeon rather than caregiver of the whole woman and her reproductive systems.

My husband thinks that chocolate is "food for the brain."

I have considered seeing a midwife. We lived in San Gabriel Valley back then and I couldn't find a reliable practice within 30 miles. Now that we are back in Westside LA, I can easily take my pick. For the sake of research, I spoke with a midwife on the phone once and the lady sounded very caring. The feel is different compared to talking to an ob-gyn's receptionist.

Okay well I've never shopped for a new Dr. I need help!

Hope you have fun calling them when you move to the US. devil.gif

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg