SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Rant...

Tiff slept til 12:30 PM today, my daughter slept with her til then. I didn't wait for her to get up, so I went out to meet my thuggy friends for breakfast. By the time she woke up, I was running a few errands. She rings my phone and wants breakfast....So I bring breakfast home at 1:30 or so...(That's when I warned you guys that I'm back). Since that time, Tiff has not gotten off the phone......

Dear drivers of Wisconsin:

It snows here. A lot. Covers the ground in a sticky, slushy, slippery mess. Please put your headlights on so I can see you during a snowstorm. Please realize that you can't go 75 on the highway like you usually do. Stop tailgating me. Don't cut me off because I can't stop nearly as fast I could on a dry road.

It happens every year. How are you not able to drive responsibly on snow yet?

Why do I see dozens of you in the ditch every morning?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Dear Pennsylvania drivers,

The right shoulder is not a passing lane. That is why there is a rumble strip there. Why do I see you passing people on the right shoulder when there is a wide open left lane designed for passing? Are you really that impatient?

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

It snows here. A lot. Covers the ground in a sticky, slushy, slippery mess. Please put your headlights on so I can see you during a snowstorm. Please realize that you can't go 75 on the highway like you usually do. Stop tailgating me. Don't cut me off because I can't stop nearly as fast I could on a dry road.

I think those are the Minnesotans that I drove with this morning before they followed the snow into Wisconsin! Well minus the ones that are still in the ditch.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

oh so were you one of those overly cautious people i was constantly honking at in the minocqua area?

it snows. deal.

oldlady.gif

When I have to talk to another manager's staff and tell them to work, when she's standing RIGHT THERE and ALWAYS COMPLAINS, I'm about ready to blow my top. Seriously? They're like 16... they need constant jobs or else they stare at the gd schedule. Why? Why are you staring at the schedule? Did it change from 5 mins ago? No, it didn't. You should be doing something but because your supervisor is too busy being pissy about how much money she makes, she isn't giving you something to do. Hell I have MORE than enough work for you guys to do, come over to my dept. :D Please for the love of anything sacred let me have another fulltime employee.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When I have to talk to another manager's staff and tell them to work, when she's standing RIGHT THERE and ALWAYS COMPLAINS, I'm about ready to blow my top. Seriously? They're like 16... they need constant jobs or else they stare at the gd schedule. Why? Why are you staring at the schedule? Did it change from 5 mins ago? No, it didn't. You should be doing something but because your supervisor is too busy being pissy about how much money she makes, she isn't giving you something to do. Hell I have MORE than enough work for you guys to do, come over to my dept. :D Please for the love of anything sacred let me have another fulltime employee.

They're trying to figure out what days they can take off :lol:

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Poor Niki lol.

It takes a long time to develop good personal work habits. I guess you're more of a baby sitter at this point. These kids are young yet...

Retrospect........when I was 16, I worked P/T at a potato chip factory.......

(I'll never eat another potato chip again)

Timeline

So I program my Keurig to turn on at 6:30 am daily for 2 hours....

This morning I wake up at 8:45 and the machine has turned off...I had to wait an extra minute to get my morning java....

Multi-day programming would be a nice feature on the next generation Keurigs.....

Oohpartiv, how's your blister? next time try wearing a sneaker instead of high heels...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

So I program my Keurig to turn on at 6:30 am daily for 2 hours....

This morning I wake up at 8:45 and the machine has turned off...I had to wait an extra minute to get my morning java....

Multi-day programming would be a nice feature on the next generation Keurigs.....

Oohpartiv, how's your blister? next time try wearing a sneaker instead of high heels...

I skipped the "coffee"/sludge this morning and just had some yogurt. Not as satisfying but eh, what can you do.

I popped it last night ( :wacko: ) so it burns but it's a blister, so I expected as much. And they WERE running shoes, just some very cheap ones (apparently). Finding my shoe size down here is IMPOSSIBLE - I wear a woman's size 10, and the biggest you can find down here is 8. My BIL gave me those running shoes... now I know why. :rolleyes:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline
1361631946[/url]' post='5999445'] My BIL gave me those running shoes... now I know why. :rolleyes:

Ah not only do you now have a blister, but you also have athletes foot, and soon you'll develop a jock itch.....tongue.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Ah not only do you now have a blister, but you also have athletes foot, and soon you'll develop a jock itch.....tongue.gif

With my luck and this ridiculous heat, who knows. :lol:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I skipped the "coffee"/sludge this morning and just had some yogurt. Not as satisfying but eh, what can you do.

I popped it last night ( :wacko: ) so it burns but it's a blister, so I expected as much. And they WERE running shoes, just some very cheap ones (apparently). Finding my shoe size down here is IMPOSSIBLE - I wear a woman's size 10, and the biggest you can find down here is 8. My BIL gave me those running shoes... now I know why. :rolleyes:

Oh I feel your pain about the shoe sizes. At 5' 10" I am a giant by Indian standards. Shoes? Forget about it. Ready-made ones, anyhow. I wear a women's size 11. This is hard to find in the U.S. so you can imagine finding it in India is next to impossible.

Fortunately, you can get almost everything custom-made in India. If you couldn't I wouldn't be able to wear any salwar kameez or saree petticoats. When my husband's family assists me in putting on a saree, the ladies have to stand on a chair! :lol:

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Ok... My first rant on here.. but seriously in what world is it fair for me to start my shift as normal at 1:00pm and have my supervisor call to say he is running "alil late"... fast forward to 4:30pm.. and in he walks...first words out of his mouth.. did so and so call? (so and so being HIS supervisor.. that has weekends off!!)

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)