SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My sister texts me at all hours of the night.

This morning, I send her 2 texts in response and i get this

'Woman! I am trying to sleep! Text me back at 7:45 or 8:45 your time. Thanks'

#######?! put your damn phone on silent!

oldlady.gif

One of my best dives was Okinawa's Sunabe Seawall while inspecting a seawater intake system and checking the effects of IDE's .

brine return on the reef system there. Lots of cool stuff. Midway Island was hands down the best dive I've ever done. WWll planes and boats. Lot's of them. The Caribbean is anything but "ho hum" though. Have you ever checked out the wreck of a spanish gallion?? Also the Caribbean does have the best snorkle spots. Have you ever dove Mona Island??? If not, check it out online..

Its actually a matter of species diversity for me when I dive. I'm not that big on wrecks either, been there done that bought the t-shirt. I'm in to seeing species I've never seen before. The entire Caribbean has maybe 800 species total. When I dive there for a week, my odds of seeing a single new species is pretty low. I've already seen most of them. I can dive in the Philippines and see at least dozen new species every dive. Many not even described by science yet. Plus when I go there, for the price of diving anywhere in the Caribbean I've been, I can get a boat and dive master all to myself and do exactly what I want to do. No follow the tour route dive showing the same big stuff that the average diver goes all crazy for. I've seen it, done it. Now don't get me wrong, no dive is a bad dive, heck you're underwater and blowing bubbles! BTW I even dive in Minnesota waters for a nitrogen fix, talk about lack of species diversity.

I think my favorite dive ever was a mango swamp off Panglao Island. The water was only about 3 feet deep and when my dive buddy and I got separated, we just stood up and found each other. Upwelling cold springs hitting your body in places, the water just felt hot most of the time. Schools of thousands of baby reef fish growing up and waiting to get big enough to handle the open reefs. Even had to maneuver my way through the roots to get away from a box jelly hunting through the trees. Our dive went on for about 4 hours when we finally decided to head back to the boat. We both still had plenty of air, but we wanted fresh air, water to drink and food. The combination of brackish water environments switching to pure saltwater was a wonder in the change of species and their forays into the opposite environment. Both of us were going nuts talking about all the new species we encountered when we returned to the boat. My buddy who I just happened to run into on the island was one of the few divers I've met that has the same fascination of species diversity as I. It was a shame he was leaving the next day and I was there for two more weeks. Funny thing was, he had a book written by another friend of mine on fishes in the Pacific and it was his life's goal to see every species in the book. He was really busy checking off fish after that dive.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

My sister texts me at all hours of the night.

This morning, I send her 2 texts in response and i get this

'Woman! I am trying to sleep! Text me back at 7:45 or 8:45 your time. Thanks'

#######?! put your damn phone on silent!

My wife gets texts at night all the time from family, but is always careful to only text them during the day when they'll be awake. It used to wake me up, but now I sleep right through them.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

My wife gets texts at night all the time from family, but is always careful to only text them during the day when they'll be awake. It used to wake me up, but now I sleep right through them.

I keep my phone on silent with alarm so anyone can text me and call me all they want.

They aren't getting me.

I actually think there's some kind of strange frequency emitted when it's on silent and I get a text because I will STILL wake up randomly when people text me or call me and it's on silent. IDK!

oldlady.gif

I keep my phone on silent with alarm so anyone can text me and call me all they want.

They aren't getting me.

I actually think there's some kind of strange frequency emitted when it's on silent and I get a text because I will STILL wake up randomly when people text me or call me and it's on silent. IDK!

Because of the time difference, texting after we go to bed is really common between my wife and back home. She needs about 2 hours more sleep a day than I do. So real often she's texting away, I'm watching TV or reading and I notice its getting late. So I'll get her a glass of milk, hand it to her and take away her cell phone. Saying its late honey, you need to sleep now. Sometimes she does a text or two more, but generally she drinks her milk and goes to sleep, ignoring further texts. Last night was one of those times she didn't want to go to sleep, but she was all hyped up on things going on lately with friends so she wanted to talk more. I suppose tonight I'll be hearing about how tired out she is :lol:

But that leads me to a rant

Rant: Friends that keep making very poor decisions in life. They'll ask for advice, and you'll give them sound advice, then they do the exact opposite every friggen time. The result is obvious, their life gets really badly messed up. And then they come looking for sympathy and help.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

have you ever thought about the reason they're always red?

Great pictures. The old house reminds me of the house my wife grew up in. Only her family home was in a squatters area on a tidal flat. At high tide they were above water, at low tide they were above mud. During a typhoon, they were wet.

Glad to see you're getting better enough to get around a little bit

why are they always red?

and Tiffs old home flooded when the river behind it swelled

Timeline

They aren't getting me.

that happens to me too...

Timeline

just wanted to let everyone know I won't be posting any more.

Yet again, my husband things I'm cheating on him with all of you, so, gotta go.

Hopefully I'll be allowed a long enough leash to at least look up steps for NVC.

Peace out and good luck to all of you.

oldlady.gif

why are they always red?

and Tiffs old home flooded when the river behind it swelled

Think about it more Steve, there's a week a month they don't want to notice what gets splashed on it when the women are washing up.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

KDH must be fighting with her hubby lol........sorry to hear.....

I found a better place to eat tonight.....

74435_10151351893817957_1955986146_n.jpg

Think about it more Steve, there's a week a month they don't want to notice what gets splashed on it when the women are washing up.

oh

Hopefully I'll be allowed a long enough leash to at least look up steps for NVC.

:o :o :o :o :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

74435_10151351893817957_1955986146_n.jpg

Steve, if that's your daughter, she is TOO CUTE! happy.gif I want to squeeze her little cheeks! How adorable. tongue.gif

That seems a little extreme of him. sad.gif Hope things get sorted out soon. crying.gif

Edited by oohpartiv

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline
1363883110[/url]' post='6064023']

Steve, if that's your daughter, she is TOO CUTE! happy.gif I want to squeeze her little cheeks! How adorable. tongue.gif

That seems a little extreme of him. sad.gif Hope things get sorted out soon. crying.gif

Thank you lol...

Filed: Timeline

Steve, thanks for all the pictures :)

Even if my croup is making me too week to sit for longer than one hour at one go, I'm glad I've been visiting this thread, simply because they made me smile :)

KDH, I'm sorry to hear about your hubby... Hopefully he'll get to his senses soon!

K, I'm off, time to lay down. I hate being sick.