SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

So which Caribbean Islands are most suitable for SCUBA diving, snorkeling, and simply enjoying a long stretch of white sand?

St. Croix has the Cane Bay Wall and it is accessable from shore. No boat necessary. This diving spot is so good that it is a favorite with the live aboard dive boats. There is also the waterfront area (boardwalk) that is unique and really prettty cool. St. Croix is also affordable. All and all a pretty good spot for vacation. However, Steer clear of Fredriksted after dark.. Stay on the east end unless you are at Carambola Resort. Oh.. 2 18 hole golf courses here too.. One at Carambola, one at Buccaneer. Buccaneer resort is in my opinion the best family resort in the Caribbean, but pretty pricey. Beaches here are really not that great. They are here, but there are a lot of better ones on other islands. Quiet here too.

Providenciales TCI. Really pricey here but without a doubt, the best beaches in the Caribbean. Grace bay is 2 1/.2 miles of white sugar sand beach. A hamburger here will cost you $15.00 or more. Beer in a bar is $7.00. Diving on Provo is good too. Off West Caicos is a wall dive that has a "Chimney" that you enter at 50' and exit @ 90'. pretty cool. Best dive in Provo is off the caicos banks called French Cay. It's a wall dive on steroids. Everything is huge. I saw a spotted eagle ray that spanned at lease 12' across. Not much to do on Provo outside of the water. One more unique thing. On the Caicos Banks, there is the "Emrald Cloud" phenomenon where the sun shines into the water and bounces the color of the water to the clouds. I've never seen this anywhere else. I met my wife while working here.

St. Thomas.. I call this place St. Toilet... Another nickname is St Trauma. It sucks.

St. John.. Its a wonderful Island and in the off season is affordable. Very small, but lots to do there. 2/3 of the island is national park. Lots of really good beaches, hiking, and OK diving, but nothing spectacular unless you like catching lobster. Lot's of them here. Caneel Bay is here. #2 in resorts in the Caribbean. The outer cays are what I classify as OK diving spots. Fishing off the famed north drop is excellent. #1 for Blue Marlin in the world. Lot's of Wahoo, Dorado, ect. My home anchorage is here. ( I wish I was there more).

BVI. Not bad diving off Virgin Gorda, and a good bit of wreck diving off of Cooper Island, and Norman Island. Norman also has "The famous Willie T" You'ld have to see it to believe it. Beaches are ok.. but again it's expensive here. NOTE: All BVI activities are accessable from St. John. Best diving in BVI is Anagada. It's an atol with more shipwrecks then the rest of the VI put together. Not deep dives either.

My favorites for last. Cullebra & Vieques. The Spanish Virgins.. Cullebra is very laid back. Great beaches, lots of reef, good diving, affordable, but if your into nightlife, it's not here. Theres a lady who owns a tourist shop. Her sign reads; "Open some days, others not".. this tells all about Cullebra. They take siesta and the island (with exception of one store/deli) shts down from 2:00-5:00. I love this. Ferry goes to Puerto Rico every day and costs $4.00 each round trip. (May be $5.00 now). From Fajardo PR, you can go to the El Yunque Rainforrest. This place is wonderful.

Vieques has Bioluminecent Bay. (www.biobay.com) Check out the link. UNBELIEVABLE.. One last thing. For a fantastic dive, you can book a dive from Puerto Rico to Mona Island. This is a great dive.

Theres a lot of other Islands here.. I don't much care for St. Maartin (french or dutch side) but Anguilla is excellent as is Dominica. If you're into eco tours, Dominica is it. Small Island, great people, full of fruit trees, and a river for every day of the year. Many eco hikes.

I travel and work on most of the islands in the Caribbean, and if you want to know about any of them, just ask..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

1989? Tiff and brother.....

14650_102991966388405_6892340_n.jpg

35035_10151552325168489_206987474_n.jpg

Great View Steve!! Hope your vacation is getting better!

thanks Reb, still a little sick. I'm gonna post some pics over at Bizarre foods to show what made me sick to begin with.....

1989? Tiff and brother.....

14650_102991966388405_6892340_n.jpg

35035_10151552325168489_206987474_n.jpg

thanks Reb, still a little sick. I'm gonna post some pics over at Bizarre foods to show what made me sick to begin with.....

The houses in the pictures look like Gabrielas barrio in the DR.

What a view!

So i'm a little annoyed at the hubs. He said he would get his tax transcripts so they would be there when he got home. He hasn't. I asked him to call the NVC... He can't because of work. (Which when he was working 3pm-midnight CST I understand... he's not up until he's about to go to work and he's off after it was done.) But right now. I want to say #### IT, I'M NOT MOVING BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO ANY OF THIS AND IT'S F*CKING IMPORTANT! or at least so I thought it was. crying.gif

My high of getting the numbers has taken a quick turn to a low. wacko.gif Why do I feel like I'm the only one doing this carp? And honestly, I'm moving for him. I wouldn't be staying in this province, but I wouldn't be moving to the USA, obviously.

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

The houses in the pictures look like Gabrielas barrio in the DR.

that was the old family home. This is the new family home....(Financed partially with US money)

555022_10151552346833489_2119814026_n.jpg

The pre-first reception dinner

69230_10151552346458489_922508390_n.jpg

the first reception at the local village elementary school

164250_10151552347148489_1371865311_n.jpg

Timeline

Tiff lived here til age 14, then moved to the new home in Titi, subsequently, to the US. then the family bought the flat in KL also (When Latex pries skyrocketed)

555107_10151552347438489_1377210033_n.jpgI

208798_10151552347318489_368886599_n.jpg

FIL

488079_10151552325138489_823695561_n.jpg

I'm glad that I was able to make a difference in the life of Tiff and her family.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Steve, it sure looks interesting and not as bad of a trip as you made it sound like. :lol:

What a view!

So i'm a little annoyed at the hubs. He said he would get his tax transcripts so they would be there when he got home. He hasn't. I asked him to call the NVC... He can't because of work. (Which when he was working 3pm-midnight CST I understand... he's not up until he's about to go to work and he's off after it was done.) But right now. I want to say #### IT, I'M NOT MOVING BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO ANY OF THIS AND IT'S F*CKING IMPORTANT! or at least so I thought it was. crying.gif

My high of getting the numbers has taken a quick turn to a low. wacko.gif Why do I feel like I'm the only one doing this carp? And honestly, I'm moving for him. I wouldn't be staying in this province, but I wouldn't be moving to the USA, obviously.

Maybe a radical idea, but why not just stop doing the immigration stuff and see if he does it?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.