SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

blink.gif Jeez, what a nightmare! Yeah, luckily I never had to deal with that, and everyone I've ever had to talk to at USCIS or NVC are at least cordial if not friendly. Lately, though, a lot of people have been having the same problem where they get the NOA2, but their field office never sends it to NVC and so weeks and weeks pass and NVC still doesn't have it. The theory is that the field offices send batches of approved files once or twice a month, but obviously nobody can be sure, so everybody spazzes. So stressful! Another reason I'll be glad when this mess is over. headbonk.gif

Thats the worst part of immigration I think, the lack of transparency so you can know what the hell is going on. Its all totally guess work, and no one you can contact really knows where anything is or whats happening to it until someone decides to update a status, which may or may not happen. We're currently enjoying being out of the process until its time to ROC. We did go through a period of reporting our marriage abroad to her embassy and then renewing her passport. Got an RFE on the report of marriage to :rofl: Apparently, although it was not a document listed as required, they wanted a copy of my divorce.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

So, my BIL (who is 21) has been planning for the past few months to move to the capital (which is about an 8 hour bus trip away) to start college and get a job. He left on Saturday night to stay with a cousin and start job hunting before the college semester starts in April. On Monday he called home, saying he was too homesick and didn't want to stay anymore, and this morning he arrived back at mommy's house. mellow.gif Well, THAT lasted long...

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, my BIL (who is 21) has been planning for the past few months to move to the capital (which is about an 8 hour bus trip away) to start college and get a job. He left on Saturday night to stay with a cousin and start job hunting before the college semester starts in April. On Monday he called home, saying he was too homesick and didn't want to stay anymore, and this morning he arrived back at mommy's house. mellow.gif Well, THAT lasted long...

lmfao

need to grow up, much?

oldlady.gif

Timeline

lmfao

need to grow up, much?

I find it really obnoxious how much my MIL babies her kids, all of whom are 17 and up. It was a real pain in the butt when I first started dating my hubby, because he expected me to do everything for him, as mommy had his entire life. rolleyes.gif Thankfully he realized that ####### wasn't going to happen and now we split the household stuff 50/50... but jeez, the way his siblings are heading, they'll be staying with MIL forever. Which I think she secretly wants.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Mommy's boy forever. :rofl: Its a shame when parents raise an emotional cripple. My ex-wife's sister was like that. Graduated high school then went off to college about an hour away. She was home before the week was out. Now she's in her 40's, maybe even 50 now, doesn't work, has no friends and has always lived with her mother, except that one week in a dorm. I think she'll keel over a die of a panic attack if her mother ever dies before her.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Mommy's boy forever. :rofl: Its a shame when parents raise an emotional cripple. My ex-wife's sister was like that. Graduated high school then went off to college about an hour away. She was home before the week was out. Now she's in her 40's, maybe even 50 now, doesn't work, has no friends and has always lived with her mother, except that one week in a dorm. I think she'll keel over a die of a panic attack if her mother ever dies before her.

I can totally see that happening to my BILs and SIL. When I graduated from high school, I was itching to get out on my own - I really don't get how they can continue to live with their parents and not go nuts! wacko.gif

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wish some people would learn to use the search tool.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Rant: My MIL's beat down golf cart sometimes referred to as a car is going to be the death of me. I almost died on the way up here and was desperately fighting off frostbite in my toes for 11 hours (yes, it took 11 hours to drive to Stockholm). I'm not too sure that thing is going to make it back home. The Swedes, unlike the Danes, all have nice winter weather appropriate cars. I am kind of wishing I had rented a more normal car to come up here since they don't clean the roads quite as carefully either.

I so just want the embassy to get our medical results and get this all over with. :unsure:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

So I've been stuck on St. Croix for the last four days, Staying free at a fine resort, two engineers have been assigned to help me, my wife is coming home the 26th, and.. hey wait a minute... What the heck am I ranting about.. CHEERS!!! TO LIFE!!:dance: :dance:

So I've been stuck on St. Croix for the last four days, Staying free at a fine resort, two engineers have been assigned to help me, my wife is coming home the 26th, and.. hey wait a minute... What the heck am I ranting about.. CHEERS!!! TO LIFE!!:dance: :dance:

I think you need to start a rave discussion

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

So which Caribbean Islands are most suitable for SCUBA diving, snorkeling, and simply enjoying a long stretch of white sand?

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

So which Caribbean Islands are most suitable for SCUBA diving, snorkeling, and simply enjoying a long stretch of white sand?

Turks and Caicos islands if your budget can handle it

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Turks and Caicos islands if your budget can handle it

I'm looking at Turks and Caicos, Grand Cayman, or Bonaire. I've read that Bonaire has fantastic shore diving. wub.gif Yet, I can't quite make up my mind because major airlines don't seem to fly directly to Bonaire. My husband will always prefer to go to SE Asia but since he accepted a new job offer recently, he decided to not take more than one week of vacation at a time. The Caribbean is close enough for a seven-day trip.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg