SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

You get denied! Then you have to try and get them to reopen the case based on the mail not being delivered. Or start from scratch again. Its one of the nightmares in the immigration process you hope and pray never happens to you.

Something I've never seen discussed.

What happens if a field office sends an RFE, but you never get the letter.

And the 30 days passes.

WHAT HAPPENS?! WHAAAAAT HAPPENS?!

Also, the fact that all of the baldwins look so much alike creeps me out

Baldwin-Brothers.jpg

The right one is the only one that looks like an actual sibling instead of a clone gone wrong.

But that could also be because he's the fat one.

I've always thought that was a bit creepy to.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You get denied! Then you have to try and get them to reopen the case based on the mail not being delivered. Or start from scratch again. Its one of the nightmares in the immigration process you hope and pray never happens to you.

I really feel like calling =\

I saw someone from Chicago get approved that had a petition after mine and it's been over a week now and it's making me squirmy.

I know they don't all sit in a date-order pile: I get that.

But it's just making me so uneasy with how unreliable my parents can be with mail.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

on the plus side, if I DO get an rfe for hubby's long form BC, I finally have that.

It actually came super fast.

I ordered last wednesday and it was here monday.

Idk what else i could get an RFE for except knowing I wrote the city wrong on one of my hubby's past addresses.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I did it. I'm calling.

AMG I'm so nervous.

This always makes me so nervous for some reason.

LMAO the guy told me they are experiencing high call volume and waiting might not be such a good idea.

Then he puts me in to wait and the automated thing says estimated wait time for 5 minutes.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

The spanish people always get slightly perturbed when you say 'english please' but i don't think that they're aware that they are where rotary phones are transferred to....

At least this guy didn't put up a fight with me on transferring.

I just told him my petition is at a field office so he can't see anything.

Hey look at me hijacking this thread

dammit i'm shaking.

Whenever I talk to people that I'm not familiar with my body does this weird uncontrollable shaking thing.

My husband says it's because i'm nervous but it doesn't feel like nerves at ALL.

I get this when I sit down and talk to his sister too.

It's just weird. I think I'm weird.

I'm seriously dysfunctional.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Aside from the Internet blowing, which is endemic there, WHERE exactly do you live, or where haven't I visited? :huh:

If you've never experienced any of those other things, you must have 1. Never left Cuenca, easily the cleanest/most modern city in the country, or 2. Kept your eyes shut the entire visit. blink.gif We live in the Manabi province, in Bahia de Caraquez, but those things are everywhere on the western coast. I hear stories on a weekly basis of dumb foreign girls who meet the typical gringa hunting locals at the beach, get ridiculously trashed with them, and wake up (if they're lucky) without pants or money. The streets are filthy always, but it depends on the time of year - during the summer it's dusty, during the winter it's muddy. Plantations are omniscent, along with shrimp pools, and if you say you ate food here and didn't get sick at least once, you're either RIDICULOUSLY lucky, or lying. laughing.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Actually, I don't think that's right. When we filed the I-130, we put our foreign address to which no mail EVER arrived (no NOA1, nothing), so when we got an RFE in September we never found out about it. I started getting suspcious so I called in early December (easily three months after the original RFE) to make sure everything was alright, and the lady told me about the RFE and said the time had run out on it, but she could reopen the file and send out the RFE again. Which she did, and sent it to my Dad's house, and he called me when we got it so we could answer it. And everything turned out fine. good.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

The spanish people always get slightly perturbed when you say 'english please' but i don't think that they're aware that they are where rotary phones are transferred to....

At least this guy didn't put up a fight with me on transferring.

I just told him my petition is at a field office so he can't see anything.

Hey look at me hijacking this thread

dammit i'm shaking.

Whenever I talk to people that I'm not familiar with my body does this weird uncontrollable shaking thing.

My husband says it's because i'm nervous but it doesn't feel like nerves at ALL.

I get this when I sit down and talk to his sister too.

It's just weird. I think I'm weird.

I'm seriously dysfunctional.

You're a Chihuahua then! :rofl:

I'd be making the call to, if I were you. Might take forever to get through, but what choice do you have when you don't know if your parents bothered to check their mail. I'm terrible with checking mail to, unless I know there's something coming. I check maybe once a week, sometimes twice. When I was waiting on immigration though, I was at the box every day.

As to the long form BC, we can't even get those in my state any longer. They totally dropped them to go to this system where you can get your BC by ordering on line or at any county office. Which really bugs me because USCIS requires one, but the passport office doesn't. But USCIS will accept your passport which can be obtained without the long form BC. And both of these departments are part of Homeland security. Gotta love the government. :bonk:

This is what they say

"• Minnesota has a standard certificate that contains the following information:

child’s name, date of birth, sex, city of birth, parents’ names and parents’ birth places.

• Minnesota does not have a long form certificate. However, you can request a non-certified copy of a

birth record that gives you more information about the birth."

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

A long form simply refers to needing your parent's names on it so your standard certificate is sufficient.

My husband's and my short form don't have that.

My entire call only lasted 17 minutes.

I think I always have good luck calling.

That included 9 or 10 minutes or so waiting for the ISO

This ISO I had was very nice.

She sounded young.

Just told me I should try calling back in a few more weeks.

I told her I just wanted to make sure there was no RFE on record or anything and she said 'NOPE! ALL GOOD!'

oldlady.gif

Actually, I don't think that's right. When we filed the I-130, we put our foreign address to which no mail EVER arrived (no NOA1, nothing), so when we got an RFE in September we never found out about it. I started getting suspcious so I called in early December (easily three months after the original RFE) to make sure everything was alright, and the lady told me about the RFE and said the time had run out on it, but she could reopen the file and send out the RFE again. Which she did, and sent it to my Dad's house, and he called me when we got it so we could answer it. And everything turned out fine. good.gif

That comes under the trying to get the case opened again. I have heard of the occasional nightmare when they refused to believe the mail wasn't delivered. I think they're faster issuing a denial for K-1's than they are those going through the CR-1 route. Sounds like you got a nice person, it they just offered. I've gotten some really really really really bad customer service people before. Also a few good and nice ones, but they seemed the exception rather than the norm.

An example of the worst USCIS customer service agent. Our K-1 had been approved in California but after 30 days still wasn't at the NVC. Now for the past years approved cases had been going from the CSC to the NVC in about a week to 10 days, not business days either. You needed to call the NVC to get a case number so you could schedule an interview, because neither the embassy or the NVC were sending out notices of what the case number was at the time. After almost 30 days I'm trying to find out why the CSC had still not sent the case to the NVC. They were reporting cases were forwarded within in two weeks. The agent on the phone literally yelled at me saying I should just be happy I was approved and they'd take as long as they wanted to forward the case, then hung up the phone. Another agent that same day said I had not been approved yet, although I had the NOA2 right in my hand. Finally I got an agent that expedited our case getting to the NVC. I think we ended up saving about a week from other people at the time. But its pretty strange when something had been happening in a week the month before and was suddenly going out to 30 to 45 days. I mean they were done with it already, ship the damn thing :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

A long form simply refers to needing your parent's names on it so your standard certificate is sufficient.

My husband's and my short form don't have that.

My entire call only lasted 17 minutes.

I think I always have good luck calling.

That included 9 or 10 minutes or so waiting for the ISO

This ISO I had was very nice.

She sounded young.

Just told me I should try calling back in a few more weeks.

I told her I just wanted to make sure there was no RFE on record or anything and she said 'NOPE! ALL GOOD!'

They either lost or didn't look at mine then, because I got an RFE because of no long form birth certificate. That note is from the BC request form in Minnesota. Should have sent a copy of my bio page of my passport in the first place. I lost my old BC in one of my moves over the years. It was the original one my mother got right after I was born. Still drives me crazy, because I was sure I packed it away with the baby book my mother made. Can't find that either. Which also has my baptism certificate in it. I think one of my stored boxes got lost during one of my last two moves.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

That comes under the trying to get the case opened again. I have heard of the occasional nightmare when they refused to believe the mail wasn't delivered. I think they're faster issuing a denial for K-1's than they are those going through the CR-1 route. Sounds like you got a nice person, it they just offered. I've gotten some really really really really bad customer service people before. Also a few good and nice ones, but they seemed the exception rather than the norm.

An example of the worst USCIS customer service agent. Our K-1 had been approved in California but after 30 days still wasn't at the NVC. Now for the past years approved cases had been going from the CSC to the NVC in about a week to 10 days, not business days either. You needed to call the NVC to get a case number so you could schedule an interview, because neither the embassy or the NVC were sending out notices of what the case number was at the time. After almost 30 days I'm trying to find out why the CSC had still not sent the case to the NVC. They were reporting cases were forwarded within in two weeks. The agent on the phone literally yelled at me saying I should just be happy I was approved and they'd take as long as they wanted to forward the case, then hung up the phone. Another agent that same day said I had not been approved yet, although I had the NOA2 right in my hand. Finally I got an agent that expedited our case getting to the NVC. I think we ended up saving about a week from other people at the time. But its pretty strange when something had been happening in a week the month before and was suddenly going out to 30 to 45 days. I mean they were done with it already, ship the damn thing :rofl:

blink.gif Jeez, what a nightmare! Yeah, luckily I never had to deal with that, and everyone I've ever had to talk to at USCIS or NVC are at least cordial if not friendly. Lately, though, a lot of people have been having the same problem where they get the NOA2, but their field office never sends it to NVC and so weeks and weeks pass and NVC still doesn't have it. The theory is that the field offices send batches of approved files once or twice a month, but obviously nobody can be sure, so everybody spazzes. So stressful! Another reason I'll be glad when this mess is over. headbonk.gif

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

They either lost or didn't look at mine then, because I got an RFE because of no long form birth certificate. That note is from the BC request form in Minnesota. Should have sent a copy of my bio page of my passport in the first place. I lost my old BC in one of my moves over the years. It was the original one my mother got right after I was born. Still drives me crazy, because I was sure I packed it away with the baby book my mother made. Can't find that either. Which also has my baptism certificate in it. I think one of my stored boxes got lost during one of my last two moves.

I've lost tons of BCs in my lifetime.

No clue where mine is right now.

I have a passport.

Good enough for me!

oldlady.gif

Timeline

my husband's BC is hilarious.

It was apparently filled out incorrectly by someone and has arrows all over it to where things belong lmao

It also has the duration of pregnancy crossed out and corrected.

OH NO JUST KIDDING NOT 44 WEEKS JUST 40!

oldlady.gif