SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello from kuala lumpur. I have traveled to over 25 countries, to include Sierra leone, and Sri Lanka. And I have never been so sick in any of those countries. See the bizarre foods thread for details. So far I spent the week protecting my daughter from the most vicious, most effing violent 5 year old I've ever seen in my life. This is the kid I was supposed to bring back with us. It was made clear today that it will not happen.

This kid will no doubt be thrown out of every school he attends.

The Internet service here sucks. The sim card I bought doesn't work with my Verizon phone.

It's a filthy place overall.

A few days ago, an American female teacher got into a cab and was gangraped.

The highlight of my trip so far was taking a ride on a scooter to see the family rubber plantation.

And I also saw the shack that tiff lived in til she was 14.

I never thought that I would look so effing forward to going to hong kong.....

I don't think I will ever revisit Malaysia.

Apart from the bold part (which is terrifying in its own right), Malaysia sounds like Ecuador. whistling.gif Food makes you sick (at least at first), the streets are generally dirty, internet blows, foreigners get robbed/raped, people live in shacks, scooters in the countryside which is populated by plantations... YEP. laughing.gif

Glad you're still alive, though!

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Well, off to the 4th shower of the day and to bed. Talk to you guys next chance I get.....

1363713598[/url]' post='6058763']

Apart from the bold part (which is terrifying in its own right), Malaysia sounds like Ecuador. whistling.gif Food makes you sick (at least at first), the streets are generally dirty, internet blows, foreigners get robbed/raped, people live in shacks, scooters in the countryside which is populated by plantations... YEP. laughing.gif

Glad you're still alive, though!

Thanks.....

Timeline

RANT: Hubby is being particularly stubborn and obnoxious today. We've been waiting for an interview for exactly two weeks now (which, though it feels like an eternity, is really not that long of a time). I'm expecting to hear something the first week of April, and to get a May interview, so I suggested to hubby that we call up the doctor this week and schedule his medical. He outright refuses to do anything of the sort until we have an interview date, which I find infuriatingly annoying. Imagine we hear back mid-April for a interview the first week of May? That would give us two stinking weeks to do all the prep work, and I am NOT going to be running around like a nut trying to get things done we could've for during the month and a half wait from case complete to P4 being received. headbonk.gif His excuse: "Well, what if we call the doctor and make an appointment, and then find out that our interview date is before the medical we scheduled?" blink.gif WE CALL AND RESCHEDULE THE MEDICAL! Hellooo?! Like the chances of that happening are that great anyway! Jeez. huh.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello from kuala lumpur. I have traveled to over 25 countries, to include Sierra leone, and Sri Lanka. And I have never been so sick in any of those countries. See the bizarre foods thread for details. So far I spent the week protecting my daughter from the most vicious, most effing violent 5 year old I've ever seen in my life. This is the kid I was supposed to bring back with us. It was made clear today that it will not happen.

The Internet service here sucks. The sim card I bought doesn't work with my Verizon phone.

The highlight of my trip so far was taking a ride on a scooter to see the family rubber plantation.

Sounds like a relaxing and magical time, am I right or am I right?

When a New Yorker says some place is filthy, I believe them. :lol:

His excuse: "Well, what if we call the doctor and make an appointment, and then find out that our interview date is before the medical we scheduled?" blink.gif WE CALL AND RESCHEDULE THE MEDICAL! Hellooo?! Like the chances of that happening are that great anyway! Jeez. huh.gif

Tell him that actually happened to us and we just rescheduled for 2 weeks earlier. :thumbs:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I didn't think Verizon allowed any sims to work in their phones.

Damn I was going to pick food poisoning in the How Steve died betting pool to. I'll have to check out the bizarre food thread to see what you tried to kill yourself with. I'm pretty darn careful with water when I travel, but as too foods anything goes as long as it doesn't have mushrooms. I'm allergic to those things.

Good thing you found out about the kid before someone talked your wife into pushing you on the subject. What a nightmare that would be, having someone's evil spawn child move into your house. Is his name Damien?

I've spent enough time in the Philippines to know how dirty things can get in Asia. But they tend to keep the insides of their homes immaculately clean. But the streets and waterways, you'd think everywhere was a dump.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Steve.. I'm sorry this trip hasn't gone well for you thus far. I hope you guys get home soon, safe and sound.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

RANT: I think I mentioned before that we're trying to sell our furniture before moving home. Well, my MIL mentioned it to one of my hubby's friends, the friend was interested and contacted my hubby to talk prices and whatnot. Great - one less thing to worry about. NOW, however, it appears that my MIL expects us to just GIVE her the rest of our stuff (printer, lamps, coffee maker, kitchen appliances) since she "set up the transaction". Is she on crack? SERIOUSLY? A friend of mine already offered to buy what's left for 350$, and I am NOT just going to hand it over to my MIL for FREE because she just so happened to mention it to a friend! Not even HER friend - hubby would have probably mentioned it to this guy anyway! headbonk.gif GOD, I swear not a day goes by anymore without me being seriously tempted to murder that woman in her sleep!

Edited by oohpartiv

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Some lady just called my number, and argued with me for ten minutes about how "this is jose chavez's number! who are you? let me speak to jose! give him the phone!" blink.gif I've been getting weird messages for the past two days, saying "good morning papito", so now it makes sense... You'd think people would check the number they're calling before sending stuff like that.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

rant: NVC is closed on my day off. OF COURSE they are! Why wouldn't they be....

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

rant: NVC is closed on my day off. OF COURSE they are! Why wouldn't they be....

Hopefully they'll be open tomorrow. All this waiting and stress is going to lead me to an early death. mellow.gif

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Bought this necklace for my daughter. Thoughts? 24447.jpg

I thought, my heart next to hers.

Bought this necklace for my daughter. Thoughts? 24447.jpg

I thought, my heart next to hers.

Looks a little too heartyish to me!

But ya know, I am just a guy. :whistle:

:rofl:

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

In regards to the effing kid, keep your back hand strong brother!

Filthy can be fun! Reduces the need for showers so you can smell like a man!!

Are you jealous of the American teacher? (Does suck though!)

Take it for what it is and make it fun yo!

Be safe, get better, talk with you soon brother!

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751