SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

All these people on home shows that get down payments on houses from their parents.

Jesus, I can't fathom ever having 20k sitting in the bank.

I JUST CANT.

I JUUUUUST CAAAAAAANT.

oldlady.gif

Just to add, he had to go there for new hire, he wasn't actually attending the academy to get into the FAA.. It's just a mandatory course for everyone.

All these people on home shows that get down payments on houses from their parents.

Jesus, I can't fathom ever having 20k sitting in the bank.

I JUST CANT.

I JUUUUUST CAAAAAAANT.

You will one day if you want to own a house. But the fact that they get it from their parents is ridiculous. Learn to stand on your own two feet! YEESH! I hate it when people get everything from their parents. Part of why I disliked the ex. He lived at home until he was 27ish, for free, they paid for college and oh yeah, he works the family business too. huh.gif Handed everything much?

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Just to add, he had to go there for new hire, he wasn't actually attending the academy to get into the FAA.. It's just a mandatory course for everyone.

You will one day if you want to own a house. But the fact that they get it from their parents is ridiculous. Learn to stand on your own two feet! YEESH! I hate it when people get everything from their parents. Part of why I disliked the ex. He lived at home until he was 27ish, for free, they paid for college and oh yeah, he works the family business too. huh.gif Handed everything much?

My mom gave 1.5k for our wedding and she also lent me 1.9k to buy out my apt lease when I lost my job a few years back.

That kind of money, god I feel like a terrible child for taking from them!

20k?! I'd be like OMG IM YOUR SLAVE FOR LIFE!

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My mom gave 1.5k for our wedding and she also lent me 1.9k to buy out my apt lease when I lost my job a few years back.

That kind of money, god I feel like a terrible child for taking from them!

20k?! I'd be like OMG IM YOUR SLAVE FOR LIFE!

Won't tell you how much money my mom has given me or how many cars. :rofl:

She is also paying for my husband's university courses in America as long as he gets good grades. :unsure:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

I have no idea what it's like to be rich.

My mom was making 100k at one point and that's when my sister really was developing and learning early teens.

Now, my sister is a spoiled brat, I'm the responsible one.

oldlady.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

RANT: My fiance leaves things to the last minute and I always feel like it's on my shoulders to make sure sh*t gets done. I worry too much and I despise that part of myself.

NON RANT: On the bright side, my fiance is tentatively accepted into the Resident Teacher Program, he just has to pass the Praxis II and get letters of recommendation.

That's why I'm so worried...he has to do all this in 4 days and he doesn't seem to be on top of things. It's hard because I'm not there to SEE what he's doing. Everything is riding on this it feels like. Our chance at normalcy, health insurance and benefits. I'm so scared of not having universal healthcare.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

I have no idea what it's like to be rich.

My mom was making 100k at one point and that's when my sister really was developing and learning early teens.

Now, my sister is a spoiled brat, I'm the responsible one.

Sometimes the money does spoil you. I've never really felt spoiled and I try not to take anything from my mother now and try hard to give back in other ways even though we live a pretty simple lifestyle. One year I saw my ex-husband's mother's tax returns. She made 1.1 mil. I thought that was quite a bit and to be honest, he's never progressed past the mental age of 13. My mother makes less than that, but she is frugal and a saver. I admire her for that and in some ways I wish I could be the type who'd be satisfied being a career woman because it would make use financially very comfortable.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sometimes the money does spoil you. I've never really felt spoiled and I try not to take anything from my mother now and try hard to give back in other ways even though we live a pretty simple lifestyle. One year I saw my ex-husband's mother's tax returns. She made 1.1 mil. I thought that was quite a bit and to be honest, he's never progressed past the mental age of 13. My mother makes less than that, but she is frugal and a saver. I admire her for that and in some ways I wish I could be the type who'd be satisfied being a career woman because it would make use financially very comfortable.

I'm the same way. My parents (especially my Dad) has helped us out in the last few months, and has always spoiled me (whistling.gif) but I try to help him out as much as possible in other ways, especially since he's handicapped. As soon as I have a steady job and my own place, though, I plan on cutting any help out of my budget because I don't like borrowing or accepting money, even from my parents. Feeling like I owe things to others bugs me, even if it's just a favor. blink.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

I'm the same way. My parents (especially my Dad) has helped us out in the last few months, and has always spoiled me (whistling.gif) but I try to help him out as much as possible in other ways, especially since he's handicapped. As soon as I have a steady job and my own place, though, I plan on cutting any help out of my budget because I don't like borrowing or accepting money, even from my parents. Feeling like I owe things to others bugs me, even if it's just a favor. blink.gif

I am a little embarrassed that we need my mother's help with my husband's tuition. We will try and not use it as much as possible, but I have student loans to repay and he does from his worthless education here so it is going to be really tight. In return for letting us stay in her house for a while until the other one sells, we are going to be fixing it up and repainting, etc.

I'm a little glad we are moving back because my mother is getting older. My husband's mother is still in her 40s, but my mother is in her 60s and really starting to slow down. I'm her only close family and I think it is important to be there for her. For all the help you get when you are younger you have to repay it at least in kind as your parents age.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello from kuala lumpur. I have traveled to over 25 countries, to include Sierra leone, and Sri Lanka. And I have never been so sick in any of those countries. See the bizarre foods thread for details. So far I spent the week protecting my daughter from the most vicious, most effing violent 5 year old I've ever seen in my life. This is the kid I was supposed to bring back with us. It was made clear today that it will not happen.

This kid will no doubt be thrown out of every school he attends.

The Internet service here sucks. The sim card I bought doesn't work with my Verizon phone.

It's a filthy place overall.

A few days ago, an American female teacher got into a cab and was gangraped.

The highlight of my trip so far was taking a ride on a scooter to see the family rubber plantation.

And I also saw the shack that tiff lived in til she was 14.

I never thought that I would look so effing forward to going to hong kong.....

I don't think I will ever revisit Malaysia.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1363687124[/url]' post='6058018']

RANT: I miss reading Steves posts and rants.. Can't help but wonder how he's doing.

Not too good......

Thanks for thinking of me...

1363687358[/url]' post='6058020']

I figured they might have made him have an accident for the insurance money. :whistle:

_____

My about me timeline is way too long. I'm looking forward to this all being over with and not updating it for a while.

Still alive.....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello from kuala lumpur. I have traveled to over 25 countries, to include Sierra leone, and Sri Lanka. And I have never been so sick in any of those countries. See the bizarre foods thread for details. So far I spent the week protecting my daughter from the most vicious, most effing violent 5 year old I've ever seen in my life. This is the kid I was supposed to bring back with us. It was made clear today that it will not happen.

This kid will no doubt be thrown out of every school he attends.

The Internet service here sucks. The sim card I bought doesn't work with my Verizon phone.

It's a filthy place overall.

A few days ago, an American female teacher got into a cab and was gangraped.

The highlight of my trip so far was taking a ride on a scooter to see the family rubber plantation.

And I also saw the shack that tiff lived in til she was 14.

I never thought that I would look so effing forward to going to hong kong.....

I don't think I will ever revisit Malaysia.

Thank you for the warning! May your trip be over before you know it!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production